NBA 2k8 Info

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by kiddstyle, Sep 9, 2007.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    im not impressed...players looked glassy, i couldnt get tony parker to drive by anyone...sluggish....i'll still buy cuz this isn't final product and i didnt like 2k7 at 1st either...

BingoKing91
  2. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also didn't like it as much. Something about it just didn't seem right. I went back to 2k7 and started seeing issues with 2k7 that seemed to be resolved in 2k8, like smoothness of the game and player movements. I did notice a player go right through another player in the demo.

The defensive lock and the shot accuracy bar under the players is kind of weird. I can't really say I like this and hope it can be turned off. It is kind of like EA's cheesy feature where the court lights up different colours depending on where the player is a good shooter from.

No Streaming Account
  3. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i also wasnt impressed with it, but so far no demo that i have played have been even close to the real product. All i can hope is that it will be better when released.

No Streaming Account
  4. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ya the demo for 2k7 didn't make me want to go buy the game but I am glad I did.

I find most sports demos are not all that great. They cut out so much to make the download smaller. It is only 320MB!

No Streaming Account
  5. JMAN25

JMAN25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah most demos suck. Not too many demos are good in general they usually want to give you a taste and then want more when the game comes out. Not all demos can be like COD4..lol I'll reserve my judgement when the game comes out.

No Streaming Account
  6. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    very impressed truthfully without lying. I see the holes they've plugged. I love the blocking system. There wont be a ton of and 1's and jumpers because you dont get sucked into the animations. The post up game i think is the best in regards to actually taking the Defender completely away from the play once u trap him under to basket. This forces blocking animations from going through the basket to block dunks and goaltending. So far the forced animations and the bad animations are hopefully just due to the build of DEMO but i can't wait to get this game personally.

Even on Pro level to A.I. seems to want to react to sloppy passes, lobs and pressured passing out of lockdown defense controlls. Only problem is that i didnt have playing calling options but it's a DEMo. I'm going to be drawing a ton of charges this year fellas....and dunking A LOT!!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  7. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27

i agree on those improvements, and i think the lock on feature is a nice addition, i just hope it doesn't totally elimnate iso moves like i felt it did in the demo. i just wasn't impressed overall...we shall see....i didnt play 2k7's demo becuz i was scared of being dissapointed by the real game...

i also didn't like the bars under the players...caught myself trying to watch it a bit often

BingoKing91
  8. SpursRepeat

SpursRepeat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually indecisive about the game. I do like the fluidity of the players movement, the better dunks and blocks. Yet, just like bingo king said its hard to drive past anybody. I also downloaded NBA live to compare the two and I actually like 2k8 much better. It seems in 2k the players are more like their true character than they are with live. Can't wait to see how the actual game fares out to be.

No Streaming Account
  9. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  10. Blackshirts08

Blackshirts08 The Champ Is Here!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i hate to say it guys because i really am a 2k fan but the more i play the demo the more i enjoy the live 08 demo. to me, atmosphere is important in a sports game and live has that. i also feel the game play has improved drastically since last year.

No Streaming Account
  11. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Blackshirt,

The presentation in 2k8 is not good because they don't have announcers. It is a striped down version of the game. Not a representation of the final product.

No Streaming Account
  12. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  13. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That new video looks sweet! Cant wait to get thsi game and get the league going :mrgreen:

No Streaming Account
  14. RAINMAKER512

RAINMAKER512 Da Pothead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm thinkin about gettin live this year game looks sick! i haven't liked 2ks nbas for a while they do make a solid college game though! i have thought the college game is way better the last few years than the nbas that 2k has made. maybe itz just me cause i love college ball and rarely could give a **** about the fixed nba!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  15. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    dp, sounds like you hit a wall with the 2k b-ball like i have 2k hockey. a change isnt a bad thing at all.. nhl 07 was my change and it had me hooked... maybe the ea 08 b-ball will get ya hooked...

No Streaming Account