my player game info

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by bingo king, Sep 6, 2009.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    BingoKing91
  2. Experience This

Experience This Wild- # 3

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good

No Streaming Account
  3. Staggzilla

Staggzilla Straight Cash Homie

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -4
    It appears to me like I should buy the Combine

No Streaming Account
  4. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    yes the combine gives you extra time to create your player. if you plan on actually using the my player feature in any way the 5$ is a good investment.

BingoKing91
  5. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    i accidentally bought the draft combine, (i wanted to get the trial version), ohh well. Ive never played a 2k basketbal game before, so it was well worth the 400 m$p, 2k is easily the better basketball game, in NBA live alot of offensive move where unstoppable, 2k makes defense playable. 2k's long passes dont have a great %, where as in NBA LIVE you could ally-opp from center court nearly every time.

The grade system in combine is accurate and fair, it notices alot of the small things you do, a successful box-out, even if you get scored on is a plus.

Cant wait to load my 7' center to the real game in october.

No Streaming Account
  6. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    yeah they fixed the grading system very well this year. last season you could get an a just by scoring alone. This year they have many more factors and each of them seems to 'weigh" just right for points awarded.

Broke if u planned on getting 2k than yeah, the combine is a good buy as you can at elast get drafted and have a head start on getting your player ready for the real nba. The one thing to remember also is that the players you're playing with are also 40 rated players. So you're not even seeing the game engine and a.i. at it's best. Plus a lot of move sets don't work until you really improve more.

And just for everyone's info. We'll be putting out more info as we get closer to the release date for the TEAM LEAGUE.(as well as singles league).

the team league we will be using the "my players". Also we will be having a small 4-6 team tournament just to test things out and see how it's played with us.

BingoKing91
  7. BROKEUDOWN

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    I noticed in the player move selection that you have slots for 10 or so "trademark dunks" as well as "dunk packages". With a big man center i had the option of 2 dunk packages, no trademark dunks, but it allows alot of progression. starting off with a 40 overall, the road to 80's and 90's will create significantly different players.

The recognition of the small things in this game is a lesson that sports games "be a pro" systems. In NHL 09, playing a defenseman, you can have 12 hits, 8 takeaways, 3 blocked shots...and still get a B- in the "stats" category.

Anyway im stoaked for the 2k team league.

No Streaming Account
  8. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    yeah im a 6'1 pass 1st pg and i got 2 layup packages.

BingoKing91
  9. realdeal

realdeal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    6"11 what 2b Sheed PF

No Streaming Account
  10. BROKEUDOWN

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    i was looking at the leaderboards, for what other people got their guys overall up to....the top 7 guys have overalls of 99.

Now if you played NHL 09, this sounds familiar. i hope this issue is already being delt with.

Also, in the draft combine, can you start a second career?

No Streaming Account
  11. BROKEUDOWN

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Final Notes

"Now that you know that online play is a piece of the puzzle, I want to be clear on a few questions that you may be asking yourself. This won’t be a mode with a bunch of 99-rated players running around. It will take players most of their career to get this plateau, if they can at all. We’ve designed this game in such a way that you need to strategize on how you will develop your player. Being a complete jack of all trades will result in your player simply being average in each skill (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing)."
    (a quote from the above link)

Umm yeah...i cant beleive people cheat on offline games.

No Streaming Account
  12. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    i've heard they'll be getting rid of these cheaters characters and fixing it. only way i've found to make 2nd character is deleteing your saved game file on your memory..im guna ask my budd to borrow his memory card and see if i cant make a better one of what i have right now

BingoKing91
  13. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Played through my 6 games, and is there a way to start over with a new guy, or am I stuck with what I got? Cuz I didnt do very well at all........

No Streaming Account
  14. Experience This

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I went 3-3, started of 0-3 finally got my team grade up to an A

No Streaming Account
  15. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    simply go to your memory on the xbox dash and delete the saved game part under the combine..

BingoKing91
  16. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow this is the most rewarding/addictive mode i've ever played in a game. Now i understand y people that play NHL(EA),MLB(SONY) love creating and running a player through career. It's like a mini RPG...and i love rpg's.

Went from getting drafted in Rd 2 pick 22 by the Grizzlies, to not making the team on 2 bad summer league games. Having a bunch of team interested in being on their practice squat. I went with the Hornets and getting cut after 4 games. Was picked up by Philadelphia Bay Hawks on the D-League end and after 7 games(became starter for last 4 games) with B+ or better performances (1 player of the game award for hitting 2 daggers at the end of 3rd and a 4th quarter game ender to win it by 1).

After my 7th game i get an achievement for playing in my first NBA game with myplayer...at this point i'm like WTH? and once i get to the home page that annoying guy tells me that i was called up by the Clippers on a 10 day contract.....I'm addicted to this game!

No Streaming Account
  17. Experience This

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait man, Especially for LG NBA leagues.

No Streaming Account