match with rogerfederer

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Deuce, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Deuce

Deuce Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    match with rogerfede

great match. he had me guessing the whole time. i was never sure what to do. i hit a lot of drop shots... why... that is what was working.

great match

No Streaming Account
  2. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah..definetly a great match :> Yes folks, he drop shotted 99% of the time, but its beatable, just mix it up a lot. People with faster coordination than me should be able to take him. :>

No Streaming Account
  3. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    josh

Gee, must have been a really fun match to play. Nothing i like more than 99 percent dropshots.

No Streaming Account
  4. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is probably easier said then done, but can't you just predict that someone will drop shot (if they have been 99% of the time) and run up there and hit a heavy top spin ball out wide. Or if he comes in, just lob him. IT seems beatable.

Maybe I should just play him and see what people are talking about.

No Streaming Account
  5. squidman711

squidman711 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you should, and i would all but garuntee, unless he changes it up on you so he wont get kicked out, that you would be so pissed off that you would ban him

No Streaming Account
  6. Deuce

Deuce Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pissed off cause your old tactics don't work on a new player or ticked off cause i CHEAT. you might be mad that you can't win but you won't be mad cause i do something cheating or unsporting.

No Streaming Account
  7. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    babolat... i did that, he counters it :> You lob and hell smash it down your throat. topspin crosscourt? hell punch it back :> Its situational. theres different answers depending where he stands. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you dont :>

No Streaming Account
  8. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As long as its possible to beat, then again, I see nothing wrong with it. I hate to seem like I'm pro-Deuce here, but I would be this way to anyone.

No Streaming Account
  9. mismatch

mismatch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    stand your ground babolat. these accusations are very ludacris. i've played josh several times, he does not cheat. if he is cheating by using the drop shot continuously, then i would be considered a cheater for using the risk shot over and over. so would countless other people. i think the people that are crying are just mad because they are so used to whipping people when it comes to being owned they just cant stand it. :-&

No Streaming Account
  10. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mis

I don't know about other people but it seemed like this league was going in the right direction up until a certain 1 or 2 guys decided to join. If quality players (and more than 2 of them) have something to say it should be taken seriously. The only way to counter this is for everybody to remake a guy that can take advantage of the cheats in this game just like deuce. What people don't understand is that he only does it when he has to. People say i found nothing wrong with him, sorry to say this but that's probably because you don't have much skill and can beat you without it. Ya this stuff can be countered, when you guess right or get lucky and that takes no skill. Babolat i doubt very highly he will use these tactics on you but i hope he does so you can end this and boot this moron out of the league.

No Streaming Account
  11. squidman711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LON is exactly right, the people that say he is legit, he didnt have to use the cheap shit against, because they have no skill(mismatch). See, he didnt think he had to do this against me, but when i got up on him 5-1 he said, oh shit, i better start being cheap or im gonna get my ass raped.

You see deuce, you know it, i know it, you cant beat me in a LEGIT match...you can't beat Lord, you cant beat alpha, you cant beat Stratton, you cant beat DP, you cant beat hardly anyone, and i have a very good thought as that is why you refused to play me last night, who gives a fuck if it was 1 oclock, you know it i know, im better than you in a legit match, c'mon man, do you even know how to spell legit? i doubt it, you give me a fair match, and i garuntee you that i will hand you your ass on a silver platter, and if you wanna kick me out for saying all of this, i couldn't care less.

and as far as deuces followers i.e. mismatch, like i said before you have no skill....any person with no skill woul say that about this punk. Because he didnt do this shit to you, because he didnt need to, sure when i got behind i could pull out my bag of tricks, BUT IM NOT CHEAP...

So deuce i leave you with this, if you have the balls.....I challenge you to a best 3 out of 5, six games, LEGITIMATE match, if you beat me, ill never step foot in the top spin forum on lg.com ever again. But if i beat you, you have to change your style of play and not be cheap when you get behind

No Streaming Account
  12. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol

LOL...great post squid. Do you really think this guy is gonna play a legit game against you or anybody he knows is gonna smoke him. The sad part is i can't believe he beats people when he doesn't have to cheat, that's pretty sad on their part (mismatch) cause even though he isn't that bad when he doesn't cheese he absolutely isn't in the same league as 3/4 of the people here.

No Streaming Account
  13. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hear Lord and Squid on this one. I've played many people who start the match off legit. If they're winning like that, then they'll continue to play like that. But, the second they start falling behind they're gameplay changes. Now, why would they start off playing one way and change that when they fall behind if they honestly believe that they aren't cheesing? The answer is, they know that they're cheesing in the other style of play. Many people will never see this side of the player b/c they don't ever get the lead. I'm not saying Deuce is like this, so don't think that. I'll have more of an opinion on that tomorrow after we play. But, there are players like that...Nurato82....Rhadamanthe...and that's why this league is here. We all got sick of playing people like that.

No Streaming Account
  14. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    amen

Amen.

No Streaming Account
  15. mismatch

mismatch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: amen

this is in response to the last 4 or 5 posts...........you say i have no skill??? first of all, lets ball. second of all, josh used the drop shot method our whole match. i'm not ranked 90 in official because i have no skill....................................i never use what you call "cheese" either. put your game where your mouth has led you. lets go. both of you. gt = mismatch. i'll take you up on the offer of never coming to this forum match. talking like you know me. that's why i'm defending josh. you are both motormouths, that can't stand to lose.

No Streaming Account
  16. squidman711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    aight, bring it, ive invited you

No Streaming Account
  17. s o l i d N i c

s o l i d N i c Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I joined LG ... I was excited and glad to see that there was no talk about cheese at all in these forums and in this league...

To my surprise and horror, the topic and players that have been the infamous subject in the xbox.com forums have found its way here....

IMO, the distinction between what they call legit players and cheese players is very recognizable. Wether we agree that cheese is a strategy
    or not...

the clashing of these two styles have been debated, argued, and talked about so much that ...it is becoming irritating.

I promised myself not to talk about this topic anymore...yet here I am...blah blah...lol

Legit or cheese...they are both strategies.

I hope those who are accused of being a cheeser accepts the fact that their type of play takes away from the FUN of the game...because the level of competition is reduced to --- "hit cheese shot ...then then hit winner"... The level of strategizing and gameplay does not compare to that of two legit players trying to outrally one another... seeing an opening ....move to the net... finishing with a clean winner... or hit the ball behind the person...

I hope that those who consider themselves legit accepts the fact that people are gonna use the cheese strategy as long as it is working for them...It is most annoying for me to play against these people too but all I have control over is HOW I play and what shots I choose to use...
    We have and we will keep finding ways to counter cheese... but for now... they will spread like a plague...lol

I hope we all can find a way to finally resolve this issue.....

much respect,
    s o l i d N i c

No Streaming Account
  18. squidman711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks solidnic, but i have a feeling this will be like the OJ trial, long and drawn out

No Streaming Account
  19. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mismatch, I'm not usually one to talk smack, but I'm a part of those previous 4 or 5 posts. If you wanna play, then let's do it bro. Top 100 in official isn't all that impressive to me. I've never worked at getting high in official b/c I'm more interested in my exhibition ranking. But, I do believe that I'm top 20 in official. I'm adding you to my friend list. It's on.

No Streaming Account
  20. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree on what solidnic said. cheesey or not, its still a strategy. BUT what can we do?

1. BLAME MICROSOFT AND ITS DEVELOPER for not testing their game methodically and meticulously. THEY should expect people will try their very best (either in legit or cheating way) to win, and as such, they could have paid their quality control people's attention to this matter.

2. STOP DOING IT!!!! if gamers get in to this kind of behaviour or attitude in playing, its TIME TO BE STRICT AND KICK THEM OUT IN OUR LEAGUE before people who are here honestly and for fun sake start to loose interest in participating any games we have here in LG.

No Streaming Account