LGVFA Live Team Draft Info

Discussion in 'LGVFA' started by Starwood18, Jan 19, 2015.

1. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    I'm excited to announce that after some back and forth on ideas, the LGVFA will be hosting a live draft for team selections. This will take place on Saturday, February 7th at 9pm EST. Also excited to share, that this draft will have live media coverage as @F5 Penguin and myself will be running a show during the event.

Rules of the Team Draft
    • We really want people to be able to make it. It's not really fun if only 5 of 32 people show up to this.
    • With that said, I can understand that it's a Saturday night, people have lives, families, etc and may not be able to make it.
    • Those who cannot make the draft have the option of sending myself, @lx MAXWELL xl and @zv Brad vz a list of their most coveted teams in order.
    • When sending the list, you can do this a couple of ways:
      • As you won't know what place you will be in until the time of the draft, you can send in a list of your Top 32 teams to ensure that you get one of them.
      • Send in a decent but smaller size list that contains your stretch teams (Arsenal, Liverpool, Athletico Madrid, etc) at the top and then some safe teams to fall back on in case you don't land those (Nice, Nantes, Palermo, Colo Colo, etc)
      • List of the available teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-IoK0YS2O4dDvzRne75IjCI49pa58AxxYSeudfzo3As/edit#gid=0
    • Do your homework beforehand. Our goal is to make the draft a one hour thing, we'll be putting between 60 and 90 seconds for a timer. If you are present and miss your timer, you'll be moved to the end of the end of the draft.
    • If you do not send me a list and are not present at the draft, you'll be moved to the bottom of the list and will have your team randomly selected for you. You'll also be receiving a message from staff verifying that you're still interested in the league. We need players that will be active on the website and participating.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
    Starwood84
  2. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    TL;DR - don't be losers, show up to the event. We can only make this thing as good as the players who want to participate in it.

• Like Like x 5
    f5penguin
  3. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    Loser here.

• Like Like x 3
    MaxwellOnline
  4. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    This fuckin' guy.

Starwood84
  5. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    Season one with 32 teams isn't too shabby! Looking towards the future, we could maybe have multiple leagues going at the same time, and then at the end of the season maybe have a champions league type tournament where the winner of the league is decided! I'm really excited to get on with the season :)

No Streaming Account
  6. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    That's sort of the plan. Looking to have promotion and relegation installed for next season with an upper and lower league.

• Like Like x 4
    Starwood84
  7. Blade mtl

Blade mtl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -3
    Can I make my list public so I can show people how it's done ??

No Streaming Account
  8. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    If we have enough maybe we can start a relegation and promotion system but that also means there has to be a lot of people in it for the long hall

chipyox
  9. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Go wild.

Yeah, I know promotion and relegation is a good source of the excitement, but we can't split into an upper and lower division yet because we don't know who is good and who is not. We'll be having it where the top 20 teams from this season will get promoted into a new division next season, while the last 12 teams, along with the reserve list and any new signups will play in the lower division for the upcoming season. Hopefully that clears things up.

Starwood84
  10. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION] I just noticed that Olympique Lyon are not on the French League choices, is that a mistake, or is it intentional. Thanks

No Streaming Account
  11. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Good catch. FIXT

• Like Like x 1
    Starwood84
  12. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Just a heads up on this, we'll be hosting the draft in the LGFA chat box. To access this, you can go on the front page, you'll see the chat box near the top of the screen, click on the LGFA tab. You can also do this in your app if you don't want to sit on the computer. We'll have a link for you the day of the draft. Hope to see everyone there!

• Like Like x 9
    Starwood84
  13. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    My chatbox on my computer turned into a misquoted ron burgandy and rick astley... Also, which teams have pink jerseys other than palermo?

I should be able to be there, i work at 11 so i'd have to dip at 10. Let's put me near the top of the list!

Side sidenote: in MY opinion, Players who were in the green section of your weekly updates should be randomized and pick first, then yellow, then red. Ja feel?!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    You think WITNESS would be OK with you working a night shift. He knows you suck at life bruh

Your opinion. I liked the idea until I thought that it would get Maxwell a good team. I'm pulling hard for him to have to spend a season running around with Fulham.

• Like Like x 2
    Starwood84
  15. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    MaxwellOnline
  16. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Ya it's decent because it rewards the people who want this to work, but it also risks people who are only somewhat interested getting a shitty team and losing interest. Also, I beat witness TWICE in madden and I'm Canadian so he has no ground to step on.

No Streaming Account
  17. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Alright, hopefully here's the last update about the draft until it happens live tomorrow.

• Draft will be taking place at 9pm EST tomorrow (Saturday) night.
    • The draft itself will not be run by myself or @lx MAXWELL xl, but by @zv Brad vz.
    • It will take place in the LGFA chat tab. If you're not familiar with it, please go to leaguegaming.com. You'll see the chat box near the top of the screen, click on the LGFA tab.
    • During the draft, @F5 Penguin and myself will be hosting a draft show. We'll announce draft picks, stutter through all of the German and Russian team names, and try and add short commentary.
    • From about 9:00pm - 9:10pm we'll just be doing a short conversation about the LGVFA and some ideas we have for the league.
    • At about 9:10pm we'll be drawing the order for the draft live.
    • As soon as the order is drawn, Brad will start the draft in the LGFA chat tab.
    • We're looking for the draft to happen quickly. Brad will be running a timer. When your pick is up you'll have ONE MINUTE to pick your team. I've instructed Brad not to be super anal and if someone posts their selection after a minute and 15 seconds, to stick with it, but the idea is that I'm not trying to run a three hour show here.
    • If it has been 2-2.5 minutes, and we're not getting a selection from whoever is up, Brad has a list of all of the current wishlists that have been sent in. I currently have wishlists from:
    • Anyone who is not present for the draft, and has not sent me their wishlist, will be moved to the end of the draft. They'll be prompted again for their team selection after the other players have chosen their teams. In the event that they still are not present, a random team from the list of available teams will be chosen for them.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Link to the draft show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvQ8B2jaqZE

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    Starwood84
  18. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    If you need me as a guest, just holla. My voice isn't as sexy at [MENTION=7406]F5 Penguin[/MENTION], but I once dominated a CHL draft show by wearing different hats and helmets

• Like Like x 1
    Rushpac
  19. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    ..oh well I think I sent you a list of teams before @ImJeff %

Also under chatbox ban...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  20. Noobinator156