Xbox LGRL Season 4 thoughts and S5 suggestions.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL)' started by IXI Ein IXI, May 20, 2017.

1. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    Hello everyone, after taking a week off from the xbox side to reflect on the season and clear my head of all the things that happened. I would first like to think everyone that played all the way through this season, whether you were just a player or management, this was by far the roughest season we have had. I hope we can move past this season and make next season better. I would like to thank @l Bossy l x 22 for coming in mid bidding and helping out from the start, as well as @xSquirtDaKitty and @okitsdrew for stepping up and running PMO from a non playoff team to a playoff team and really trying their best and kept that team from turning into more free wins. I will be handing out awards in the next few days as well.

This season made me realize two things, LGRL is getting to the point where I can no longer be the only staff on the xbox side. Even though I get the PSN side or LG site staff to help me with complaints when needed I need my own group of dedicated staff members here. Second is as staff we need to push harder on people to follow rules, which ties in to needing more staff as I can not do that alone.

Over the next few weeks we will go over Staff and management applications, the rulebook and look at what worked and didnt work, and hope to get this going back again as quick as possible. With that said I will not rush to get it started like we did this season, we want to make sure the owners we select are qualified and committed to do the job before we start. Also all LGRL Staff is looking for any input anyone thinks might help improve the LGRL experience, whether thats a small tweak or a complete overhaul we want to hear any ideas people may have.

We will also be working harder on how to improve how owners are chosen, as what had been working didnt work this season.

Also if you can't handle not playing LGRL until next season and have a PS4 or PC, come join us over on the LGRL PSN side.

http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?forums/lgrl-psn.93/

• Like Like x 6
    LGRL_Official
  2. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I see not a single other person has offered up a single thought regarding this league. Which is fitting regarding how abysmal last season was, and really the last couple of seasons.

This will be pretty long, and I'm not here to bash on the league. I'm just going to be 100% brutally honest. There is no chance that I come back to a league in which they continue to blatantly disregard their own rules, a league in which they let numerous teams fail miserably while other teams can stack theirs with ease, and a league that completely failed to recognize this seasons championship team.

Ok so I lied. There's a small (likely incredibly small) chance that I return to this league in some way shape or form. That would require a serious overhaul, and I have many ideas on how to accomplish this. First off, the rules as written in the rule book are 100% fine. They've worked in the NHL for how many years now? There's no reason why they can't work here as long as they're followed and actually enforced throughout the ENTIRE season.

The next most important step (after actually following the rules) is for the league to follow a completely new philosophy or to figure out a new identity (I honestly don't know what this league is anymore). My idea would be to target members of the LG community who want to play in this league to have fun, but to also be competitive (people like @Zacha l 37 l @Payner and even @Huddy from last season for example). Rather than to sign up and play against teams who were just here to destroy everyone (that's neither fun nor competitive).

So how do we accomplish this new fun and competitive LGRL? The first order of business would be making forum posts in LG's other leagues (NHL, FIFA, etc.) or sending a mass notification out to members of LG (believe it or not, a lot of people in LG own this game afterall it's only $20 and is actually a lot of fun to play). For most members of the NHL community that game has almost become a chore to get on and play 3 games a week due to how bad it is. Making people more aware of LGRL and how awesome of a game it is could undoubtedly bring in some new faces. The second step (and by far the most controversial, but I don't see the league becoming successful without doing something along these lines) is eliminating those "super" teams. How would we go about doing this? The answer is pretty simple. I feel like since LGRL is not in any way one of the major leagues on the site (and if you want to be honest, it probably will never be, but that's ok) that players in LGRL should be required to be active in at least ONE other league on this website. That alone will seriously lessen the ability for someone to build a superstar team and should help to spread the remaining talented players throughout the league. The answer to my original question however is that we probably don't unless we are actually willing to change, and unfortunately I have little to no reason to believe that we actually are.

TL, DR
    Follow your rules!
    Promote the league!
    Make some changes!
    Make LGRL enjoyable rather than a far less popular LGHL!

bossy_22_
  3. Kiomey

Kiomey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    My bad for not seeing this until now, haven't been around lately. I think bossy brought up some good points, however some I really think would hurt the league instead of helping it. The rules aren't bad if they are enforced the same for everyone, it's not hard to stop the "super" teams tbh, all you need are owners that do research before bidding(seriously don't know how people don't it takes 30 minutes MAX). Making people be in one league is by far the worst thing you can do, if you want outsiders to come into the league you need to have at least some really mechanically sound players, otherwise there's no point for outiaeders to come in because they have no change to learn anything new they'll be playing at the same level without having to make adjustments to compete with higher level players. I think payner and zacha were some of the biggest problems from last season(excluding the management that quit at the begininning of the season, shoutout to squirt for doing something good for once.) I'm not talking about all the chatbox talking, I legitimately mean they went for their buddies in bidding, most teams not taking it seriously and/or failing to do any scouting led to these "super" teams being formed, they also traded taco to us for 4 tc's (thanks zacha.) I think a snake draft could work, force people to get a team of 3 management and do a snake draft from there. Another thing that could REALLY help imo is hosting a scouting tournament before bidding, do this a couple days before bidding, assign free agents to teams of 3 with free agents of their ranking, then let them play one best of series in front of every team management (at least 1 person), if this is done correctly, assuming we have 8 teams, each team could only have to play 2 bo3's to be seen by every team. This will be a bitch to read but I'm at work so I can't add on or change format rn

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  4. Slomo

Slomo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The PS4 league has the same rule book.. runs great and smoothly.. I think Ein just needs staff to help make decisions.. he can't babysit run the league behind the scenes and answer everyone's questions.. there is nothing wrong with this league at all it's the players.. I learned that from playing on the PS4 side it's pretty awesome there lol

No Streaming Account
  5. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    #banSlomo

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account