LGPSN NHL S3 Preseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Flapjack8796, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Flapjack8796

Flapjack8796 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Flappy#0924
    Ratings:
    +669 / 8 / -20
    Hey guys!

Myself and nine other respected owners/GMs have joined forces and will be doing weekly power rankings! The "expert" panel consists of yours truly, @ScootZ. @niner80rice, @xShauN88, @FR0BE 8, @Oso-Sic, @KingClutchlx77l, @NH4JP, @PTPiper and @CUMMINSx7.

Now to be as unbiased as possible, everyone submits their rankings individually and the five guys from their respective conference rank the OPPOSING conference. That means West ranks East and vice versa. The numbers are then averaged and voila, the final power rankings are created.

The rankings themselves should NOT be considered season predictions but rather rankings that will change week to week based on current roster strength, strength of schedule, roster moves, how the team is currently playing and overall record.

Note that all opinions and comments in the article are that of my own and do not reflect the groups'. You don't have to agree with my opinions or these rankings but please respect the time and effort all of us put in to put this together.

These first preseason rankings were tough to write in a "traditional power ranking" sort of style, much like you would see on TSN/ESPN. It came out much more like a write up/prediction thread than I would have liked but it will have to do for the first week.

Thanks and I hope you all enjoy!

Flap

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1. :team78: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS :team78:

After a disappointing 1st round exit to Carolina last season, owner @NeutralityEleven and new running mate @NH4JP have the Penguins sitting atop the East. @KingKonz- and @zBernatchez join forces to form the best goalie tandem in the league. Up front, @eastons17 and @frostx17 will pair together again but they will be missing linemate and Rocket Richard winner @x Loops 19 x. Rookies @Girgs28, @StrengthLegacySr, @II_Larkin_71_II and @Shawntheboss_1 all look to slot in nicely and will provide a big impact on an experienced Pittsburgh squad. Pittsburgh has a complete and balanced roster top to bottom and will be looking to make a deep run come spring.

2. :team6: COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS :team6:

@niner80rice and new GM @trio_bigmac_ have completely overhauled Columbus after barely making the playoffs last season. Trading for S1 top 5 pick @Dydy23, former Vezina winner now elite winger @VEXEloQuence, @Fool x 90, @TijO_Qc and signing top center @JClaus33 in free agency makes them a force to be reckoned with as long as their unproven goaltending holds up.

3. :team2: BOSTON BRUINS :team2:

After narrowly missing the playoffs last season, new owner @I--Chief--I and GM @soccaplaya11 have fabricated a strong roster that will light up the scoreboard. My main concern with Boston stems from their unproven goalie tandem, @Stanup_Turtle and rookie @lugiplaysbass but with four 30+ goal scorers (@AgentSooksta008, @x Loops 19 x, @Kush-Demon_QC, @GallyChucky) and three very talented rookies (@rV_CLuTcHz, @Kraz18, @I-Bone__Crusha-I) you don't need to stop very many pucks to win games with this squad.

4. :team23: FLORIDA PANTHERS :team23:

With @KingClutchIx77I and new GM @jeff0012 leading the way, Florida looks to continue right off where it started from last season with a high powered and depth filled forward group. Complimented by a defense led by XBOX crossover @ProSeriesFrank and man of many names @Lojikuhl, Florida will be fine as long as their former skaters turned goalies in @Qc_ChieF-27 and @Ethos Jinx know how to stop pucks.

5. :team7: NEW JERSEY DEVILS :team7:

After missing the playoffs last season, former GM now owner @Coltcrazy has New Jersey built for success. With big free agent signings in @TurcNasTy_71, @JBrodie21 and @Serpe x 13 and offseason trade acquisitions in @sloanertw, @Gotteeeeem24, @KINFOI_K and @Akornvict21 help fill out a solid roster. 9th overall pick @Ix Jonez xI has quietly become one of the better goalies in the league and rookie draft pick @SebCrakpot will turn some heads. New Jersey won't blow you away with a high powered offense or shut down defense but with depth throughout their roster look for them to compete night in and night out.

6. :team74: CAROLINA HURRICANES :team74:

Its been a very quiet offseason for the Canes as @Raz-Orr and new GM @AAli-21 made zero trades and seem content with the core they are carrying over from last season. With a talented forward group from top to bottom and solid goaltending pair in @Bmidg2121 and @sparkplug87 nic, the difference that sets Carolina apart from other top playoff teams lies in their distinct lack of a real top pairing on defense.

7. :team21: TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING :team21:

Under new management @H3ad--v--Sh0t and @Chaskin12, the Lightning have recreated a roster eerily similar to S2. Led by Tampa legends of old, @DDW4, @Lil Hazi Vert and @marino swag, can the Lightning recreate the magic of their Stanley Cup winning team?

8. :team10: DETROIT RED WINGS :team10:

Led by new owner @Rehanek and GM @ FR0BE 8, Detroit is one of the more puzzling teams in our rankings. They have @Reddy and @Le-TKeSS on cheap contracts who put up big numbers together on a mediocre Colorado team. @GwalIla and @Browness are great pickups at 3m and on defense leading the charge are Xbox crossovers @FR0BE 8, x Braydenn and @Ryudo2337. #1 goaltender @Mollet_29 will steal some games but the Red Wings on paper have questionable depth and that could be their downfall.

9. :team14: WASHINGTON CAPITALS :team14:

Owner @Untuchabl and GM @ExPLiCiT812 have built a solid roster yet again in the nation's capital. With impact forwards such as @joshb12345, @ChyzNasty and @coorsi88 and a philosophy of team defense, this Capitals squad will be tough to play against. They have okay depth on the defensive side with @ExPLiCiT812, @will71409, @Giddeus12 and @GassyAss rounding out the top 4 but lack another talented defenseman outside of @ExPLiCiT812. I have heard good things about skater turned goalie @jaZz134 and Hershey Bear product @G0uin__21 but both are unproven and until these questions are answered I pencil the Caps as another bubble team fighting their way for a playoff spot.

10. :team5: MONTREAL CANADIENS :team5:

With the addition of defensemen turned forwards in @v Sloshy and @Foote to supplement a largly unchanged forward core in @MikexMassacre, @CelpHxTitleD506 and @Bealer 12,
    Montreal should have their eyes on the playoffs once again. On the defensive side of things, dropping 7.25m on @XIBIGMUMMYIX is questionable, @sir_scoopy can hold it down and you wonder about the transition of one of their star forwards from last season, @Nick_x_98, to defense. @C_Hines5 looks to be the starter in net, but hasn't quite proven he can be that #1 guy. The Canadiens are another one of those bubble teams that could be on the outside looking in come spring due to their questions on defense and in goal.

11. :team1: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS :team1:

As is custom in Toronto, they have assembled a solid forward group with depth in all three lines. With new GM @Kadri--, @jay6219, @TGil36, Xbox crossover @bill_1492 and second round steal/shoutbox superhero @HazeeHype leading the way, you have one of the more solid forward groups in the East. To compliment these talented forwards, you have the one of worst defenses in the league... @IIChEcKMaTeII is a fine first line guy especially at 500k and @nyBARISny is better than most give him credit for, even at 4.25m, but the rest of the defense on paper is at best mediocre. Until that gets fixed or the rest of the defense gets thumb transplants, Toronto will be on the outside looking in.

12. :team18: BUFFALO SABRES :team18:

The defending Stanley Cup champions start the season 12th in our power rankings. New owner ??? and GM @xScrumZzyy have remodeled last season's winners with a strong defense and goalie duo of Vezina finalist @JTowNE41 and @nochance85. The real concern you have with the Sabres lies in their distinct lack of talented forwards and depth. Having said that, I still expect this team to win games and compete on the back of their solid defense and fantastic goaltending.

13. :team27: NEW YORK ISLANDERS :team27:

Returning Long Island owner @sazer15 has constructed a nice little offense. With @sam11stern, @B0SS of B0SSES and GM @toslick leading the way and depth throughout the top 9 expect the Islanders' offensive firepower to surprise some teams. Despite having one of the more highly paid defenses, it still leaves something to be desired. Goalie @alonzi401 is going to need to return to last season's form because whenever @stay_at_homed and @ToNeSeTTa_ are not in the lineup, its going to be a rough go for the Isles.

14. :team12: NEW YORK RANGERS :team12:

Owner @Jetup91 and GM @paigeisradd return to the Big Apple with a roster that leaves something to be desired. @Novak4Prez, @LeeMalvo and @the724sniper backs are going to hurt and draft picks @Ltz_McLovin and @J_durst-8 are going to need to have big rookie seasons if this club wants to score night in and night out. Holding the backend you have @pucku33 who can carry some games, @RyNoE55 and another Hartford rookie in @Greeno1822. It's tough because I don't actually think this Ranger's roster is bad, but they are missing high impact players on offense and defense to compete night in and night out with some of the top teams in the league.

15. :team20: OTTAWA SENATORS :team20:

It is a new era in Canada's capital, @LeBlondI77I and @JDForthy have built a roster with depth heavily in mind. What Ottawa really lacks outside of @dankchank and @bievsea, are true first liners that can help score and shutdown other teams. Having said that, there aren't really any glaring holes with this Senators squad. Goalie duo of @XdarksparkX and @flight-airline are solid and there is plenty of depth to go around, but it is tough to see them making the playoffs with the current makeup of the roster.

16. :team4: PHILADELPHIA FLYERS :team4:

It looks to be a long season in the city of brotherly love. While an improvement on last seasons roster, there is just too much inexperience on the team with AHL players littering the roster. There isn't much I like sadly, @nriney was a good first pick and @ak_KeBeCoiS_ak is a great player. On the back end, you leave big money defensemen @Rishkoi and @Lazy Pedestrian babysitting four rookies and in goal, you have a rookie goalie tandem in @Bbrawler84 and @Peakee_Blinderz. Too many question marks, too much inexperience and a lack of talent leaves Philly at the bottom of our rankings.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. :team9: DALLAS STARS :team9:

After losing in the Stanley Cup finals, @xShauN88 and the Stars are back with a vengeance. With six former 70+ point getters (@Bizzy313, @xShauN88, @EvO, @Theos_I7I, @I-CrAzYLiiSh-I, @Pacioretty__67) this retooled dynamic offense will be difficult to stop. On the back end you have a solid top 6 with the likes of @Xx-INGLIS-xX, @bjackedson and @Big-T_757 leading the way. Embracing the starting role in net is @RockoRogers with rookie @Balaia backing him up to form a stable goaltending pair. With a stacked top 9 and solid defensive core Dallas is a team built for success in the playoffs.

2. :team75: CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS :team75:

It was quite the busy offseason in the windy city. Trading away @Xx-INGLIS-xX and @Pacioretty__67 stings but picking up top center @Str8Syko__, star forward turned stud goalie @V1P3R2106 and having three top fifteen picks in @PtP_Pr0t3ction-, @Stiivii-66 and @Linde94 certainly helps numb the pain. With arguably its best roster to date, their aren't many holes to poke in this Blackhawks team. The question still remains though, is this the year they finally put it all together?

3. :team11: EDMONTON OILERS :team11:

@Oso-Sic and the Presidents Trophy winning Oilers return looking to avenge a disapointing early exit in the playoffs. With the addition of @MattTheCoolCat to a largely unchanged forward core, there doesn't look to be any slowing down for one of last season's top offenses. With new GM @KneesX helping out the blue line, the only worry you have for the Oilers is the unproven goaltending of @Penguins2013 and @JIMMY124.

4. :team17: VANCOUVER CANUCKS :team17:

You can't replace a guy like @LiquiFy-SzTar on the backend but top ten picks @MxsterV2-77, @WWickie17 and veteran @Xx_THeSKiLLz_xX will do their best to fill the void. Complimenting a robust defense you have an offense led by top free agent signing @PheNoMeNaLxOnE1 and @RWatson19. Proven top goalie in @xCr0sbyXx87 looks to return to past seasons form and be the rock that the Canucks need in net. All in all GM @MORASH_41 and owner @CUMMINSx7 have built a very solid roster, but their rookies will have to step up if they want to compete with the big boys in the west.

5. :team3: ST. LOUIS BLUES :team3:

New owner @ryofthebeholder and @PTPiper have St. Louis in fantastic shape after a busy offseason. The trade acquisitions of top center @xAyohh, @Mattson and @Semple19 coupled with the signing of top free agents defensemen @Gwan and @TheRealBbenzZ have the Blues ready to rumble in the wild, wild, west.

6. :team77: NASHVILLE PREDATORS :team77:

New owner @MPelley25 and @I Blitzkrieg I have built an offensive juggernaut Nashville. With former 70+ point scorers in @Tcx7, @I Blitzkrieg, @Mesmerize-_-, @MPelley25, @Wallywallabee and @Alexqc9 this offense is littered with talent. Hopefully those point totals are replicated because with a mediocre blue line behind them, goalie @Ryan_x_28 will need to take it to another level. Despite their less than stellar defense, their offense is just too explosive and will keep playoff hockey playing in music city.

7. :team31: ANAHEIM DUCKS :team31:

Owner @Polska_B0SS_780 and GM @Carmstrong95 have the Ducks poised to contend again in a staunch western conference. Ten million dollar man @LiquiFy-SzTar leads a sneaky strong defense that has the likes of @kg3inOTT and @Mathdouble2 supporting him. With much of their core forwards returning from last season, can newcomers @Holy_Coley, @deadlykush204 and @NJExit13 keep the Ducks quacking come playoffs?

8. :team391: WINNIPEG JETS :team391:

After defying last place preseason expectations in S2, owner @j_carlos_44 has Winnipeg's eyes set on the playoffs once again. On offense you have a retooled forward group led by former Florida GM @LetsGoFlyers28, GM @jboro1227, @xxSNIPESHOTxx21 and @SabbyAy that needs to move on from last year's offensive woes. On the blue line you have theoverpaid/underrated/elite
    @snipefest1122, @Kendrick Brissette who doesn't get enough recognition and @Lost Codes who quietly gets the job done. In net, proven starter @bobbatta and first round pick @A_CapTa1N_A solidify a solid roster. If the Jets want to get back to the playoffs, they need to strike a balance between offense and their team defense philosophy.

9. :team30: MINNESOTA WILD :team30:

With only @Crazymarchese returning from last season's roster, owner @I CoachBombay I and new gm @eZDangles completely cleaned house. After being supplied with plenty of draft picks and cap room, the finished product leaves me puzzled. The trade acquisitions of @Krilla_Monster and underrated forward @hypey- are nice and I liked the first round pick @abbazabba24. @Xx-RASK-xX was a good second round pick until you went and spent 5.5m on @bmaher and @jonlol. Why you needed to pay two starting goalies big bucks when you also drafted one in the second round is beyond me. There is just too much cap tied up in your goalie duo, @Hardik88 and @ x-Skinner-_53_- when the rest of your roster seems to be lacking talent to compete. This roster is fixable but the state of hockey will be missing out on the postseason yet again if there aren't any changes.

10. :team15: SAN JOSE SHARKS :team15:

With a less than talented defensive core, the Sharks turn to their offense to win the bulk of their games, but that doesn't seem to be a much better solution. @LikeaHardPuzzle, @Runlikeheii-,
    @Jcfalcon21, @thewarmth00 and @ovechkin8jr can put the puck in the back of the net but not enough to make up for the lack of depth goal scoring, and goals against. Their just isn't anything threatening about this squad on paper and it is tough to imagine them competing for a playoff spot without any changes.

11. :team76: LOS ANGELES KINGS :team76:

After a tumultuous S2, their is new management in Hollywood. This offseason has been a questionable one for new owner @Jlm1410 and GM @Illyfilly. We saw the shipping out of top forwards @Str8Syko__ and @xAyohh for awful returns and a bidding strategy of spending 10.25m on @Danny Briere with no one else to support him on offense. On the bright side you have a solid top 6 who can shutdown teams by themselves along with @Mattdisney111 in net who is no slouch. If they don't trade for any scoring help to supplement @Danny Briere it will be a long season for the city of angels.

12. :team28: ARIZONA COYOTES :team28:

It is a new age in Arizona and the future looks bright for the Coyotes under new management @Moranoconda and @vhigh, but it remains to be seen how competitive they will be this season. You have elite defenseman turned forward in @schroyer69 and good players in @JCpens22, @Sabres2019, @smitheroo52, @seeyoukey at reasonable rates. But, much like Philadelphia, Colorado and Calgary too much inexperience and a lack of talent up and down the roster could spell for another drought in the desert.

13. :team8: COLORADO AVALANCHE :team8:

Colorado has one of the best goalie tandems in the league in GM @Mooner2014 and @Kerns-_- and boy are they going to need to stand on their heads. On defense you have three forwards turned defenseman in @Benz0226, @RaVerZe- and @nowelbaby. On offense you have a lot of inexperience with only two forwards in @Ksteiding1 and @hopsin56 with a full season of NHL experience under their belt. While Mooner and Kerns can win games single handedly, it is going to be tough with an unproven defense and rookie forward group providing goal support.

14. :team29: CALGARY FLAMES :team29:

After losing previous owner @XSBUCKS in the middle of S2 and again during the offseason, stepping up to the plate is new owner Perkosaurus13 and GM the_amazingpepe in what has been a turbulent couple months for Calgary. @Dxwny and @fulltrottle911 are good pickups on the backend but are pricey even if you consider the market. You also wonder what could have been done differently if 8.25m wasn't left on the table after bidding in what looks to be a long season for the rebuilding Flames.

Thanks again for reading!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 23
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Flapjack8796
  2. coltcrazy

coltcrazy Lick Me

Ratings:
    +399 / 25 / -100
    Great write up and btw Jonez was 9th overall pick ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Coltcrazynhl
  3. Mesmerize-_-

Mesmerize-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mesmercack#9743
    Ratings:
    +263 / 7 / -15
    Great write up Flappy and everyone who was involved.

XMesmerizeX
  4. Jayel_p

Jayel_p "Nice Guy"

Discord:
    Jayel_P#7382
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -4
    Very Well Written Flap. Good Job.

jayel_p
  5. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Great job

No Streaming Account
  6. gmac90

gmac90 Playoffs

Discord:
    gmac90#7570
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -6
    nicely done guys, look forward to more of these!

No Streaming Account
  7. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    @j_carlos_44 1st for 1st?

• Funny Funny x 2
    eZDangles
  8. x__Mattson__x

x__Mattson__x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +299 / 11 / -103
    Tip Top Tits!!! Original and Creative write up gents. :flames::flames::flames:

No Streaming Account
  9. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    Dallas sucks

Pastahnak
  10. V1P3R2106

V1P3R2106 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -4
    Very well written, gonna be a great season if we get these weekly

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    V1P3R2106
  11. Manship91

Manship91 Washed up

Ratings:
    +569 / 35 / -63
    Manship91
  12. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    finally Dallas gets some respect @flapjack :D

No Streaming Account
  13. Jlm1410

Jlm1410 S11 Jack Adams winner

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    I like the fact everyone doubts my offense, gonna feel nice when we put up 4 a game

jlm1410gaming
  14. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    @Jlm1410 trade me your 1st for our 1st

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    eZDangles
  15. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    we will get the respect we deserve after week 1

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    RehanekYT
  16. Dxwny

Dxwny Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wavynana_84923#0
    Ratings:
    +674 / 26 / -61
    People still sleeping on Calgary. Just wait and see cuh.

• Like Like x 1
    Ehnana
  17. x MrLoops x

x MrLoops x #ForceThePass

Discord:
    MrLoops#3606
    Ratings:
    +696 / 20 / -19
    Great write up! Standup_Turtle will be in the AHL. We drafted matt_2049 who will be coming up and hopefully performing well like he has been in pro series. Pittsburgh, were coming for you ;)

Lupul_x_19
  18. Plymmy11

Plymmy11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Plymmy11#2563
    Ratings:
    +463 / 10 / -25

"Missing" is such a relative term :thinking: :confused: ;)

No Streaming Account
  19. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    We better catch up on our reading! @Rishkoi

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  20. Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +582 / 45 / -95
    Decent write up, but you didn't praise Chicago enough. They're supposed to get 3 paragraphs more than everyone else.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account