LGAHL Round 2 Preview/Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Noobinator156, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    LGAHL Round 2 Playoff Preview & Predictions

NOTE: The depth grades and team comments remain the same from round 1. What's new to Round 2 Preview is "How they got here", "How they will advance", and now 2 different looks on the series forecast for each series.
    The true contenders emerge from a round 1 where defense and goaltending were the catalysts. Round 2 features a number of exciting matchups that could go either way and no shortage of rivalry games, hello Lake Erie & Rochester. Sit back and let our writers break down the series to come and feel free to add to the discussion in the forums..

Eastern Conference

(1) Providence Bruins (60-19-3, 123 PTS) vs. (6) Bridgeport Sound Tigers (47-29-6 100 PTS)
    Season Series: Split 1-1 Providence GF 5 / Bridgeport GF 6

Providence - Jay Rulez
    When you finish the season as the top dawg in the league, there’s going to be a lot of strengths and very few weaknesses. Providence’s season was for the most part very dominating, save for a couple weeks in the middle, and they have a ton of momentum heading into the playoffs with a 17-2 record over their past 19 games. Lead by experienced managers @xX Z3NO Xx and @Couture l 39 l, the Bruins put up staggering offensive numbers (3rd most goals for) while maintaining a ridiculously hard-to-play-against team defense (fewest goals allowed). These guys are serious Calder Cup contenders

Depth Grades
    FWD: [B+; Down from an A in round 1]. This offense is talented and it all starts with their Centres. The top faceoff team in the league relies on starting each play with puck possession, which bodes well offensively and defensively. Can depth now be questioned?
    DEF: [A; Down from an A+ in round 1]. @greg85w and @xxEVILMONKYxx are the clear cut pillars on this defense and they are downright nasty to play against. They anchored the best PK% in the league and don’t make many mistakes on the breakout. A relatively average offensive team potted 2.5 goals-per-game on them which is a rather big increase from the regular season...
    G: [A]. Zeno and @l MrLundqvist l are a dynamic duo in net who have found themselves amongst the league’s top goalies all year. They’re the last line on the best defensive team in the league so as long as they’re even just average, they will get the job done. These guys

Players to Watch: FWD:
    @IG HangOver @x1DR DRO1X DEF: @Animal Mup

How they got here: The Bruins had one of the more favorable matchups on paper coming into the first round but took 1 more game than I had predicted to get rid of the pesky Monarchs. A big reason for this was their inability to get a win out of the Monster-Welch-Dro line and that will need to change vs Bridgeport in order forProvidence to avoid the upset. They averaged 3.5 goals-per-game which is more than enough to get things done with Z3NO and Lundy behind them holding down the fort. Hopefully ECUs won’t be needed as often in round 2.

How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: Round 1 was probably a bit of a wake-up for some guys who have been running the tables all season. These guys are now awake and prepared for a much improved offensive team in Bridgeport for round 2. The big key for Providence will be getting their matchups with Bridgeport and if this is done correctly, this series will be a lock for Providence to take in 5 games or 6. Another thing to look for will be injuries hampering Bridgeport who were one of the weaker teams in terms of hitting during the regular season. Providence will look to intimidate in order to gain that EA momentum and get the breaks needed for victory each game.

Bridgeport - Pahk
    Outside of stud forwards @NukeBomb81 and @Meettopcheese you would be hard pressed to find any standout players among their forwards, their defense on the other hand can both shut teams down and produce offense AGM @Potsy44 is one of the best two way defenders in the league and will look to lead his team to a Calder Championship this postseason. Bridgeport finished the season absolutely ablaze going 9-0-1 and stayed hot in the first round of the postseason upsetting division rivals Albany in 7 games.

Depth Grades:
    FWD:[B+ up from a B in Round 1} As previously mentioned Bridgeports offense does not feature many big names outside of their truly fantastic first line, however their offense recently has shown the ability to score when they need to. @squintzzy maintained his hot play through round 1 and will need to continue to do so going forward.
    DEF:[A] Along with the previously mentioned @Potsy44, veteran defenders @RABID WOLV3RIN3 and @BLISDON lend leadership and skill to an already talented back end unit.
    G:[B+ up from a B- in Round 1} After grading them at a B- going into round 1, the stellar play of @ZincyPooh has made me a believer in 4 games played against Albany Zincy gave up only 3 goals going 3-1 with 2 shutouts, GM @Dirty Mart has made the good managerial decision of taking a back seat and allowed Zincy to really get rolling.

Players to Watch: FWD: @NukeBomb81 @Meettopcheese DEF: @Potsy44 @BLISDON G: @ZincyPooh

How they got here: Bridgeport, winners of the only 7 game series in Round 1, battled against division rival Albany and behind some stellar goaltending (In the 4 games they won they only gave up 2 goals!) were able to close the series in 7, @squintzzy continued his hot play contributing 7 pts on the series.

How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: Bridgeport has their work cut out for them in round 2 against the P-Bruins who have a deep collection of talent throughout their lineup in all three phases of the game. Zincy and the defense will have their hands full and will need to be able to replicate their successes from round 1, namely Bridgeport will need to win the puck possession battle. Providence is a team who thrives on controlling the puck and limiting their opponents scoring chances, even when teams are lucky enough to find a seam towards the net the Bruins stellar goaltending is more than often up to the task. The Sound Tigers will need to out chance the Bruins if they are looking to keep their run for The Calder alive.

Writers’ Series Forecast:

Jay Rulez: I might receive some backlash for this but Bridgeport is getting hot at the right time. Their goaltender @ZincyPooh is playing at a Jonathan Quick level and that’s some scary shit for opposing offenses. Nukebomb is an NHL calibre centre and can single handedly shift the momentum of a game with his puck possession and ability to frustrate other teams. Providence will need to play their matchups right with Bridgeport to maximize their opportunity but if round 1 was any indication, availabilities are suspect right now. If Bridgeport can squeeze out a win from line 2 or 3 somewhere, things are going to get interesting. I like interesting so let’s go with Sound Kitties in 7. Sorry Z3NO :(

Pahk: I believe that this will be the end of the road for Bridgeport as Providence is simply too deep and too skilled in all aspects of the game, however I’ll say the same thing I said going into the Albany series if this comes down to a game 7 Bridgeport’s top line is more than capable of pulling off another upset on their road to the Calder. I just don’t think it will get to 7 this time, Providence in 6.

Staff Predictions:
    Arnooney: Providence 4-2
    Jay Rulez: Bridgeport 4-3
    MadeOfTwoFaces: 4-1 Providence
    Noobinator: Providence 4-2
    Pahk: Providence 4-2
    Riemersmaa: Providence 4-3
    Sneaky: Providence 4 -1
    Zeno: N/A

(2) Norfolk Admirals (57-22-3 117 PTS) vs. (5) Springfield Falcons (49-27-6 104 PTS)
    Season Series: Split 1-1 Norfolk GF 6 / Springfield GF 6

Norfolk - Zeno
    This team was built on one thing in particular, TEAM DEFENSE. They did just that the whole season. Forget trying to score on this team, Hershey should focus on getting shots first. This team averaged the lowest amount of shots against their goalies with Bhawk averaging a league low 9 shots a game (min 15 games played) and Dawgz averaged only 10.5. With these types of numbers you can start to understand why they finished second in the league in goals against by only 1 goal. Add into their defense a great set of forwards like J Bidd, Ryan, and Pahk, who are all having good seasons, and you truly start to see why this team can be so scary. Although, this team did get lit up 4-0 in their final played game they will be looking at making a statement in this series. They have the talent and the depth to make it far in these playoffs, but are all the bounces going to go their way? In this series I don't think it matters.

Depth Grades:
    FWD: [A-] The question comes down to whether or not they will have @hicksy999 and @Figeroux step up in these playoffs. If they end up stepping up then I would consider this team as one of the deepest in the entire playoffs. I am just not sure those two can really step up if their teammates need them. Hicksy hasn’t been producing since coming over from St. John’s with a stop in Utica. Will he be able to turn into a playoff hero for this team? Other than these two all the rest of the forwards are outstanding and will look to prove to the league that they are real contenders.
    DEF: [A+] This team is built on defense and you start to realize that after just one period. There are only two real good names that stick out to you on defense, Heimbecker and NotableMaple, but the other players on defense is what makes this team really special. They have all stepped up and learned the system and have played their hearts out this season. This team is 1 of the 2 top defensive teams in the league and that will carry this team far.
    G: [A-] Perhaps this grade will come as a bit of a shock to some people, but there is a solid reasoning why I didn’t give them a higher grade. Both the goalies are good with a very low GAA this season, but Dawgz finished with a 78.4 SV% and Bhawk finished with a 77.2 SV%. I know this is one of the drawbacks for facing a low amount of shots every game, but when they come up against a team that likes to shoot will the goalies be able to keep up? I am sure Bhawk will put in some respectable performances, but will Dawgz be able to keep up? I am not so sure.

Players to Watch: FWD: @hicksy999 , @Figeroux (Prove me wrong). DEF: @F5 Penguin (You are the highest paid person on the team. Can you play like it?) G: @NG Bhawk (Show the league that you can be a starter on a Calder Caliber team.)

How they got here: Norfolk was capable of beating Hershey in 5 games, but in the games they won they only gave up 3 goals. While they did slip up a bit in the 1 loss they had giving up 7 goals. I wouldn’t expect too many more slip ups from them for the rest of the playoffs. Great defense and great goaltending got them into the second round and I would expect them to do it again. @NG Bhawk carried them this far, and has proven to be a legit starting goaltender. Expect this team to go even farther if he keeps up this level of play.

How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: Advancing past this round will be tough against a very talented Springfield team. They will have to continue to play amazing defense and their goaltending will have to continue to be amazing. There is no guarantee even with that that they will come out of the series. Springfield is a very good offensive team and Norfolk is going to have to come up big if they are expecting to come out of this series. Norfolk is a very deep team and they are going to have to all come up big to compete with Springfield. Expect Norfolk goalies, and their defense to carry them through the next round. Norfolk is going to lose games this round, but if they can limit the damage that Springfield does I expect Norfolk to come out of this very close contested series.

Springfield - Noobinator
    The Falcons had a good season, although they never really got hot. They won 10 straight between weeks 3 and 4 but week by week, it’s been a lot of 6-3 / 5-4 weeks. They have some top tier players up front @xBronxBomber21x, @BouRn3Leg3nD27) and some of the more notable depth players throughout their roster @StickNick555, @Dragon Muck, @JackOfHearts17). Their goaltending situation isn’t ideal heading into the playoffs, with no true starter (what up Ein). But they do have enough depth throughout the lineup to win games even if the matchups aren’t in their favour.

Depth Grades:
    FWD: [A-] Led by @xBronxBomber21x, @BouRn3Leg3nD27 and the one they call @G4RIS, Springfield has a very good top line. They also have the depth forwards that could steal a win if they are on their game.
    DEF: [B+] The Falcons have some good D-Men including @Brisan66 and @StickNick555. After that though, they seem to flatten out.
    G: They have 2 goalies who can hold their own, but facing the top lines will be a challenge for both of them. It will take sound defense to keep these guys away from breakaways and the wide open cross creases.

Players to Watch: @xBronxBomber21x, @Brisan66, @BouRn3Leg3nD27.

How they got here: Springfield fought a hard battle against Portland winning game 2,3 and 4 all by one goal to put them against the ropes. Line 1 went 2-0 winning 4-3 and 6-5, while line 3 picked up another 1 goal win and line 2 clinched the series 4-1 in game 6. Springfield is a grinding team with 3 lines that are capable of winning any game, and they proved it this series.

How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: Having 3 winning lines is key heading into round 2 especially against one of the most defensive teams in the playoffs. It will take a solid team game and they absolutely need to work the puck down low against Norfolk to have any success against their top D. The 1st line will have to be on top of their game against Norfolk’s D and goalies. But it will likely be up to lines 2 and 3 to squeak out some wins if Springfield want to advance.

Writers Series Forecast:

Zeno: This series is going to be a tough one and neither team will emerge unscathed. This is going to be one of the best series of the entire playoffs. Springfield is a great offensive team (exhibiting this by beating a very good Portland team), but they are also very capable of playing a good defensive game. The weakness of Springfield that will need to be exploited by Norfolk is their goaltending. Springfield’s goaltending is shaky at best, and Norfolk’s forwards will be looking to light them up early and often. If Norfolk is capable of stopping Springfield in the offensive side of the puck they will make life extremely hard for Springfield. I am expecting this series to go the distance with Norfolk pulling out the series win based off of the play of @NG Bhawk and the defense. Whomever comes out of the series will be riding high though as they will have beat one of the very best teams in the league.

Noobinator: This series has the potential to go the distance with 2 deep teams going head to head. Springfield has the offense, and has some good defensive pieces as well as great potential in net. Norfolk is a flip, with great Goaltending and Defense, and then a great first line and good depth forwards after that. I’d have to give the edge to Norfolk with goaltending and Defense being the deciding factor but that doesn’t mean Springfield won’t be competitive. I give Norfolk the first 2 games, and then we’ll start to see Springfield competing once they see how Norfolk plays to make it a series. Whoever wins this series will have lots of momentum heading into the East final and they will need it as both teams in the other series are very solid teams from top to bottom.

Staff Predictions:
    Arnooney: Norfolk 4-2
    Jay Rulez: N/A
    MadeOfTwoFaces: Norfolk 4-2
    Noobinator: Norfolk 4-3
    Pahk: N/A
    Riemersmaa: N/A
    Sneaky: Norfolk 4-0
    Zeno: Norfolk 4-3

Western Conference

(1) Rochester Americans (57-19-6) vs. (4) Lake Erie Monsters (50-28-4 104 PTS)
    Season Series: Rochester 6-2 GF 36 / GA 26

Rochester - MadeOfTwoFaces
    Rochester absolutely steam-rolled their round 1 “competitors” Milwaukee in a quick 4 game sweep, scoring 23 goals in 4 games and only letting in 4 goals. The only game they struggled in was Game 3 where @F i N i l87l and his line struggled with the same line they put up 7 goals on 2 games before. Now they look forward to round 2 against their division rival Lake Erie, who they’ve dominated all season long. If Rochester plays the way they played in the first round and just throw up goal after goal with all 3 of their lines and get some solid defense and goaltending, they should be able to walk right past Lake Erie.

Depth Grades:
    FWD: [A+] After round 1 Rochester showed they can put up goals like no tomorrow. All 3 lines had a game where they put up 6 or more goals, and the only line that struggled was the FiNi line in a 3-2 OT game. If Rochester’s offense continues to be a powerhouse, it’s smooth sailing for the Americans.
    DEF: [A] 4 goals through 4 games is all I have to say on behalf of the Rochester defense, along with 2 shutouts through those 4 games. Rochester gives up a lot of shots, that’s the one problem they have going right now. Unless they block shots, or stop them from happening, they’ll have a big problem on the defensive end against Lake Erie. The only defensive pair that let in goals was the duo of @Haunted Avocado and @NCioch14, so if they can step it up Rochester will be in good shape.
    G: [A] 4 goals in 4 games, 2 shutouts, and a lot of shots against them means that Rochester’s goaltending is not the weak spot I first believed it was. Given, they have really good defense in front of them and a lot of offensive support in the goals column, the goaltending for Rochester faced a lot of shots, and put up a lot of saves in their first round series. They’ll have a tougher task against Lake Erie, but if they can continue to be a wall in net they will be fine.

Players to Watch: @F i N i l87l, @Haunted Avocado, @Kabuki TV

How they got here: Rochester dominated the Western Conference all season, earning them the number 1 seed in the West. They put up goals against everybody, in front of some good defense and goaltending behind them. They proved they’re a strong team by sweeping aside Milwaukee in round 1 as easy as pie. Everybody contributed in 6+ goal games, and they only let an average of 1 goal a game past them.

How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: If Rochester plays even remotely close to how they played all season long, they should be fine. If all 3 forward lines continue to produce goals and the goaltending continues to stop pucks like Jimmy Craig, it won’t matter how many shots they let happen. The one thing that could help them at all is to stop shots from going through, which is the one place they have to improve. All in all, if the forwards and goaltending continue to play as they have, and the defense start to take away shooting opportunities they’ll have an easy ticket to the Conference Finals.

Lake Erie - Arnooney
    Lake Erie started the year hot, being neck and neck with Rochester for the majority of the season. However, towards the end of the season, they started to slow down. Although they had a good record, they barely won the 4th seed in the West with a couple teams breathing down their necks. Lake Erie had a goal differential of +50 during the regular season, relying on timely goal scoring and clutch goal tending to lead the way to victory. Lake Erie will need to improve on their puck possession in the playoffs if they want to succeed, but also keep up their physical game, being 2nd in the league in hits. Lake Erie’s strengths are a good top line, along with solid goaltending. The question is, are their other 2 lines going to show up? Lake Erie will need to put these last few weeks behind them and forget it if they want to go far in the playoffs.

Depth Grades:
    FWD: [B+] - Lake Erie has 2 scoring lines, led by @pete magnum791 (74 points) and @l TwiSteD l (74 points). Their top line has benefited from a trade for @Kurysu and he has helped immensely, especially on the powerplay with 13 goals. The 2nd line has been pretty inconsistent this season, especially in the past few weeks, going 1-2 each week. This team will need better production from the 2nd and 3rd lines in order to have success in the playoffs.
    DEF: [B+] - Defense is one of Lake Erie’s strengths, having a solid top 4. Their top d pair of @Ashes and Faith and @DRLFT3R have had a good season together. The other two pairs haven’t been together for very long due to trades and a call up to the NHL, so they will need to find some more consistency to keep the pucks out of the net. The defense needs to focus on keeping the puck out of their zone, since their team’s TOA is pretty low. Puck possession will be key to this series.
    G: [A] - Of course having one of the best goalies in the entire AHL doesn’t hurt. @BIG RIG l83l is an x-factor in this series, he can steal games for Lake Erie when their offense is coming up dry. He will need to play better than he has the past few weeks, but I think if Lake Erie wants to win this series, it will be on his shoulders. Their backup @sac99 has played very well since getting to Lake Erie, and he will need to continue that in the playoffs.

Players to Watch: @Kurysu @Ashes and Faith @BIG RIG l83l

How they got here: Lake Erie faced up against San Antonio in the first round and managed to handle them fairly easily. Going into that series, I thought if Lake Erie had any chance they would need their 2nd and 3rd lines to produce, and they did, going 3-0 combined in the series. Also, BIG RIG went 4-0 in the series, playing a huge part in the success of the team. Lake Erie will need to continue scoring timely goals as well as playing solid D in front of BIG RIG.

How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: It will be no easy task, but if Lake Erie wants to move past Rochester and get into the Conference Finals, they will need to play the matchups properly, and BIG RIG will need to play well. Slowing down Rochester’s offense will be difficult, because all of their lines can score goals and play defense. BIG RIG will need to stand on his head, yet again in order for Lake Erie to advance. The top line cannot afford to lose any of their games, like they did to San Antonio. If Lake Erie can keep the puck away from Rochester, they might have a chance.

Writers Series Forecast:

MadeOfTwoFaces: This is going to be a greats series, as the rivalry between these two teams has been one of the most heated of the season. Rochester, arguably the best team in the league despite coming 2nd overall in the regular season, against division rival Lake Erie, a team with great goaltending, good defense, and some notable forwards. If Lake Erie wants to compete in this series, they will need Big Rig at the top of his game and he will have to steal games for them. Rochester will rely on their usual offensive game and the return of @Doc Status. Rochester swept through the first round and are only a better team with Doc added to the top line.

Arnooney: This series will be exciting due to the divisional rivalry between Rochester and Lake Erie. Rochester has the upper hand in this one, as the top team in the Western Conference, as well as the top scoring team in the entire AHL. Rochester will be able to roll all 3 lines against Lake Erie, the only question will be can BIG RIG stop the pucks? He might steal a game, but Rochester has too much firepower to lose this series. Can @EricE30 give his team one of his famous inspirational speeches to fire them up, or will they succumb to the pressure? I believe Rochester has too much depth up front, on defense, as well as goaltending to push them past Lake Erie. Rochester breezed through the first round, and although Lake Erie isn’t a pushover, they won’t have much more trouble in round 2 either. My prediction is Rochester will win in 5 games.

Staff Predictions:
    Arnooney: Rochester 4-1
    Jay Rulez: Rochester 4-2
    MadeOfTwoFaces: 4-1 Rochester
    Noobinator: Rochester 4-0
    Pahk: Rochester 4-2
    Riemersmaa: Rochester 4-1
    Sneaky: Rochester 4-3
    Zeno: Rochester 4-2

(2) Abbotsford Heat (54-22-6 114 PTS) vs. (3) Iowa Wild (49-28-5 103 PTS)
    Season Series: Iowa 2-0 GF 6 / GA 2

Abbotsford - Riemersmaa
    Outside of one off week, the Heat have been one of the most consistent teams this season. This is a team that a lot of the good forwards in the league aren’t happy about facing. Their defense has proved time and time again that they can hold their own and keep the puck out of the net, they had the third best GA throughout the entire league and were one of three teams to keep their GA below 200 on the season. If you somehow do find a way to crack through their defense, the offense has shown that they can compete on almost any given night. The only issue I see on this team is their depth at forward, they have two solid lines who can frustrate any teams D, but their other line seems to be lacking. After you’ve dealt with the D and forwards, you still have to find a way to put the puck in the net, the tandem of @Elegant Mullet and @QUICK l32l have had no issues bailing their team out as needed which can be seen in their stats throughout the season.

Depth Grades:
    FWD: [B+] - Look for recently sent down @CRONKZYYY to gather the troops and propel this group of forwards against Chicago. At times, they have no issues with putting the puck in their opponents’ net but they have showed some signs of weaknesses throughout the season (especially against Chicago).
    DEF: [A] - There’s a reason this team finished with the third lowest GA in the league. Defense. Anchored by @Sloshy Boxers, @Kbsmith37, @MBell91, and @mr perfect 48 this team will make you work for your goals day in and day out.
    G: [A-] - With the previously mentioned D core in front of you each game there’s usually not too many reasons to worry as a goalie. However, these goalies have showed their worth throughout the season and will be able to steal games for their team if need be.

Players to Watch: F: @CRONKZYYY D: @Sloshy Boxers G: @Elegant Mullet

How they got here: Abbotsford cruised through their first round matchup against the Chicago Wolves in a clean 4-0 sweep. This was a series that caused quite a bit of controversy around the league as former NHLers @CRONKZYYY and @Kapka13 were swapped with members of the team once Calgary was eliminated. These moves proved to be relatively irrelevant as these players only started in the fourth and final game of the series. Abbotsford used a smooth combination of a high-powered offense and a smothering D to make quick work of the opposing Wolves.
    How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: Consistent play is going to be the key to advancing to the Conference Finals for the Heat. They showed that all three lines could produce when needed against the Wolves and they need to carry that momentum over into the second round. Also, they will have to rely on some strong play from their D to shut down Iowa’s top line. In a series that will most likely go to seven games, it will probably come down to which top line brings their A-game. I believe Elegant Mullet will be tested much more than he was in the previous series and he will have to prove that he can shut down one of the top lines in the league.

Iowa - Sneaky
    A team featuring several former NHL players as well as scrub to stud hero @Wonger257 managed to live up to expectations and finished the season 3rd in the Western Conference. Taking a look at this team it is very evident they have a ton of firepower and will have no issues holding their own against the top players in these playoffs. Along with that firepower, their D aren’t too shabby either, they finished the regular season in the top 10 in GA allowing 227 on the year. The position to watch has been in the net, goaltender and team captain @iTransitions has been absolutely stellar at times this season, while at other times it’s seemed as if he’s been absolutely invisible in the net. If this team wants to go deep in these playoffs, look for Tranny to step up his game and lead Iowa on the hunt for the Calder.

Depth Grades:
    FWD: [A] - This is a team that clearly has no issues scoring. Since coming over from random assignments, MainEvent x10 has vaulted himself near the top of the leaderboards. This teams forwards will put pressure on most teams D and will certainly be something to look out for during these playoffs.
    DEF: [B+] - The depth on D could be what hurts this team the most. They do have some big names who can do work, but they also have some D who are downright bringing this team down. However, they have potential and if they can pick up their bottom pair they may be able to go far.
    G: [A-] - As I said earlier, Tranny has been great for this team for the majority of the season and look for him to make the majority of starts throughout these playoffs. Their backup @sparkplug87 nic has shown he has the ability to steal some games as well. If this tandem works well together they could make a lot of noise for the next few weeks to come.

Players to Watch:F: @MainEvent x10 D: @ooDROPPoo G: @iTransitions

How they got here: In the 1st round Iowa did not have an easy opponent facing Utica one of the hottest teams in the AHL in the final 2 weeks of the season. 4-2 Iowa is what sent Utica back home to get ready for golf season. The story in this series is Goaltending and defensive play from the Wild. @iTransitions brought his A game in this series going 4-0-0 including 3 shutouts. Also @Agent Murphy 2 who was clutch in game 6 getting a hat-trick in a tight 3-2 win for Iowa to take the series and move on to the second round.

How they’ll advance to The Conference Finals: Iowa have great chances to moving on to the conference finals. The team they are up against the Abbotsford heat had an easy first round sweep against the struggling Chicago Wolves. Iowa has face adversity in round 1 and are ready for it and this is what will help them move on. If Tranny can keep up the good work and the defense shut down their ‘’NHL’’ line expect Iowa to move on to face either Rochester or Lake Erie.

Writers Series Forecast:
    Riemersmaa: This series has the potential to be a great one. With Abbotsford having three complete lines now they seem to have the edge in my books. In the end, it may come down to which goaltender is on top of his game as both teams have an offense that can put up big numbers on any given night. I can see Abbotsford and Iowa going the full seven games and making this an entertaining series to keep track of. If Abbotsford can jump on Iowa early I think they have the potential to finish this series much like they did against Chicago. However, I think Iowa’s top line will prove to be too much to handle for the Heat and hold them off in the seventh game. Look for this series to be an absolute war with no games being blowouts and everything being kept close. I look forward to following this one as it has the potential of showing the league who will represent the West in the Calder Cup Finals.

Sneaky: Expect nothing less then this series to go 7 games. It will be a tight defensive battle with low scoring for the first few games but pretty sure both teams will open up and take chances going on in this series. Iowa have the sure Egde in goaltending , Abbotsford has the edge on defense and offense Iowa has a slight advantage. The team who will move on to the conference final is the one who will play smart and make less mistakes. This is a Conference final quality match up and no one can be sure who will take. If it Goes 7 games Iowa wins if not abbotsford. Good series and good luck to both teams.

Staff Predictions:
    Arnooney: Abbotsford 4-2
    Jay Rulez: Iowa 4-2
    MadeOfTwoFaces: 4-1 Abbotsford
    Noobinator: Abbottsford 4-1
    Pahk: Abbotsford 4-3
    Riemersmaa: Iowa 4-3
    Sneaky: Iowa 4-3
    Zeno: Abbotsford 4-2

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 16
    No Streaming Account
  2. jtrim94

jtrim94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrim94#4533
    Ratings:
    +215 / 4 / -6
    can i request for this to get closed before it gets out of hand?

• Like Like x 1
    vezytv1
  3. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    Shut up T-Time, we live for this

• Like Like x 2
    Jay_Rulez
  4. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Bump because dis shit is done now

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    Thanks for the support [MENTION=4777]Jay Rulez[/MENTION]

GG

No Streaming Account
  6. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    [MENTION=8088]Doc Status[/MENTION] didn't even play in the 3rd period of the game he played in, and missed most of the first also. Stud

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    Nice writeup [MENTION=7923]Noobinator156[/MENTION] and the crew.

My predictions:
    East:
    Bridgeport in 7
    Norfolk in 6

West:
    Rochester in 7
    wont do mine

I can honestly see any of those series going either way, this is will be one hell of a Round 2 matchups. Good luck to everyone: Providence, Bridgeport, Norfolk, Springfield, Rochester, Lake Erie, and Iowa.

Is it Sunday yet?

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  8. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    @JG 29

Game 7 hero for Iowa.
    [MENTION=6697]iTransitions[/MENTION] [MENTION=5812]Tats x 21[/MENTION]

CoachCrass
  9. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    And he still had the same amount of points as you, with 3 goals and 2 assists with a +4 on 3 shots along with 2 PPG's. I assume now you can see why he was singled out.

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    iMackie21
  10. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    yeah, hes a god damn stud I tell you!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Arguee

Arguee Third D-Man .

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Good job again fellas. Nice touch adding the two new sections for each team as well, keep it up !

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Good luck to everyone!

• Like Like x 4
    LG_Voracek
  13. Yaaa Booiii

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    I wish your pic was actually the video....I laugh everytime I see your pic when you post.

No Streaming Account
  14. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Hahah well I wish too. You should look at [MENTION=7667]Brisan66[/MENTION]'s pic too haha

LG_Voracek
  15. Yaaa Booiii

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    Hahahahahahahaha!! It's like you both were meant to be together

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Momz Spaghetty

Momz Spaghetty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -12