LGAHL Playoff preview Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Noobinator156, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    Cool Story Bro

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It takes away from the "integrity" of the league, which isn't much even though that word is constantly being thrown around as if there is some. The fact that the player doesn't have a problem with it is mindblowing.

If it happened to me, that I signed up to play 6v6 hockey in a simulation league, played the season out and then got told I was benched for playoffs i'd be livid, thats a slap in the face. The reason for playing all season long in a structured league like we have here is to capture the elusive stanley cup (or calder cup in this case). Otherwise, you might as well play 6's and track stats if thats all you come here to do.

I wouldn't personally make such a move as a GM, or accept such a move. I'm not saying KB is a bad dude for doing this, I dont know the details beyond the surface of this situation. I just have positive friendships with all the players on my team, which i create every season i am a GM, and wouldn't ever want to tell them: Hey, thanks for the season, we are gonna go ahead and go into the playoffs without you!"

I'm also the same kind of GM that gives teams as much time as they need without taking FF wins, gives players 5 chances before blacklisting them, doesn't pick up 2nd tags and sneak 2nd tags in and play dumb, and comes here to enjoy organized 6v6 simulation hockey, because thats what 90% of the players are signing up for and are expecting to experience. But it seems to me GM's like me are hard to come by in this league now.

^And im not saying ABB did any of that 2nd tag or other shit im just throwing that stuff in there as well as an example.

• Like Like x 9
    No Streaming Account
  3. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    I loved playing with Shippy but saying he was the best player on our team is laughable. Button skill wise he was 2nd line, and his availability was a hindrance for the team. Good luck to you too though.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. bKnotter

bKnotter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 6 / -12
    Nothing illegal was done. Say what you want about integrity and immorality, the moves that Abbotsford made in the last few days were legal, and will improve their chances of winning the Calder Cup. Period. Everyone sits here and talks about how they want the league to be as realistic as possible and it's a simulation 6v6 league, well this sort of thing happens in real life every season. Get over it. I don't think an AHL team in real life would turn down a NHL level player with the ability to come down to help them win a Calder Cup. They would make space for them, and although it may be tough for them to scratch or remove a player from the team that's been there the whole year, it's a business and they would be in the business of doing what's best to help EVERYONE on the team in their goal of winning the Calder Cup. Players should be able to understand that, according to the structure of the league being set up to emulate real life hockey. I understand its just a video game, and people wanna just have fun and shit, but it's a competitive league, so if you can't handle situations like this go play drop ins or club with your friends.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  5. Clancy47

Clancy47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -6
    Good Guy Craig

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Hillbilly x QC

Hillbilly x QC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Never said I had zero problem with it. Just that in the end I could care less. I was very mad at first when i found out but cooled off very quickly because I understand the situation. Like Bknottz said, It's like a business running these teams. You do what you have to do to make your team better otherwise just play club. Yes, I have been on the team the whole season and have done well and contributed to Abbotsford throughout the season but my future availability and internet connection were also big factors in this move as well. I am moving to attend a university next week which will bring about very bad availibility and i have not had over a one bar internet connection for most of the season. So before questioning KB's character, it would be best if everyone would understand all of the factors that went into the roster move. Kb did the right thing by doing this move. His team is better and more reliable and he knows that I still play club with them so its not like he was cutting ties with me.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Haunted Avocado

Haunted Avocado Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Ratings:
    +193 / 0 / -0
    lol, now that I actually understand what happened this is a straight up scummy move. Congratulations Abbotsford (EDIT: other teams who replaced their own players at the last minute included), now if you win it all you look like douchebags for robbing that from the players that played with you all season. If you lose you like even bigger douchebags for doing this all for nothing. That's a win-win for you isn't it? You can say what you want, yes it was legal and you didn't break any rules, but at the end of the day you screwed over your own players. If anyone on your roster under-performs at least they'll know you won't hesitate to replace them.

Double lol at "this is a business." Yes, it's structured as a sim league but I'm sorry to burst your bubble when I tell you all of this salary money is make believe. I don't really have 2.25 million dollars from internet hockey. I wish it was true too.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  8. bKnotter

Ratings:
    +302 / 6 / -12
    Thanks I didn't realize we did not get the salary assigned to us. Second, I said "it's a business" when referring to real life, not to this league, but since this league is according to many suppose to "emulate real life" you could maybe consider the management and procedural duties as so. Anyways..I expected a response like this from some clown though, and I'm not surprised it was such a simple and contradicting comment/jab. You can't pick and choose what elements to have, it's either AS ACCURATE of a structured sim league as you can have (thanks again to people like you pointing out we don't get a salary), or it isn't. Seems pretty black and white to me, yet people like you seem to look for the grey areas. Have a nice day.

No Streaming Account
  9. bKnotter

Ratings:
    +302 / 6 / -12
    I'm done commenting on this thread as well. But good luck to all of you in the playoffs and hopefully you get a nice salary bonus at the end of playoffs (right Avacado :grin:).

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    Abbotsford isn't the only team to bring Draft Picks down from the NHL, Providence and Portland both brought players down and I'm sure there was others. So I don't get why everyone is bashing Abbotsford.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Craig B x91

Craig B x91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -6
    The hate probably would've been equally shared among all of the teams that did it if it wasn't for Abb basically flaunting it to everyone in this thread.

No Streaming Account
  12. Haunted Avocado

Ratings:
    +193 / 0 / -0
    As I've already told you, the money is make believe and therefore doesn't exist.

Also learn how to spell, it would help your nonsensical ramblings make a little more sense.

No Streaming Account
  13. bKnotter

Ratings:
    +302 / 6 / -12
    Alright I'll make one more post I guess, just to thank you for the tip. My spelling is fine and everything I've said makes perfect sense, maybe you should look at going back to school or getting a better education so you can read.

No Streaming Account
  14. Haunted Avocado

Ratings:
    +193 / 0 / -0
    Your syntax is horrible, you use run-on sentences, and even though you literally quoted me you failed to spell "avocado" correctly. Also now that you've said twice that you're making your last post in this thread, private message me if you have anything else to waste my time about. This thread is bad enough as it is.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. jtrim94

jtrim94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrim94#4533
    Ratings:
    +215 / 4 / -6
    The Actions by Abbs/ Calgary were totally legit and legal however it also shows they were afraid of the Chicago Wolves.

vezytv1
  16. Dinde99

Dinde99 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    We are not just scared of Chicago, we are afraid of every team in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  17. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    Can we just play hockey? Me like puck

No homo

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. MBell91

MBell91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mbell91#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1 / -2
    We should've just traded our training camp to get Space Jam...

• Like Like x 3
    MBell91
  19. jtrim94

jtrim94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrim94#4533
    Ratings:
    +215 / 4 / -6
    We did no such thing nice try tho slick

vezytv1
  20. l Kodiak l

l Kodiak l Tending the crease since NHL 10