LG Overdrive Episode 4

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Da Young Buck, Mar 4, 2017.

1. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,458 / 325 / -613
    Hello AHL! Welcome to LGAHL Overdrive Episode 4! Thank you for tuning in once again with us this week. We are looking for GUEST STARS, and more media members. For more information, please see the first 5 minutes or so of the episode this week.

This Episode features @Vattyyy and myself, @Da Young Buck.

The soundcloud link to the show can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/user-802580172/lg-overdrive-episode-4

The link to @PivotGivinner's All-Star Game thread can be found here: http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s26-all-star-festivities.252176/

Things to look forward to this week:
    - @MadeOf21Faces Trades/Trapes Mega-Thread covering 2 Weeks
    - @Da Young Buck's Game of the Night
    - Special LG Overdrive Episode
    -LGAHL Overdrive Episode 5

Thanks again for your continuous support.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  2. Grazz8455

Grazz8455 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 36 / -18
    im going to have a sizure if the screen keeps switching!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    grazzei1
  3. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    he said fisher is average .. wait for it . ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. T 1 v Z

T 1 v Z Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Vatty is auditioning for darth Vader.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    tivz
  5. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,754 / 76 / -125
    Welcome to: Critiques with Notorious episode 3. I'll try to keep this short as there wasn't much meat on the bone this week. This episode of Overdrive was the least "show like" to date. The show really lacked any punch with only two voices. Truthfully it was boring here's why.

@Da Young Buck I like the idea of the "Bucks top scorers" but when you are talking everything feels like a run on sentence. When Im listening I have trouble knowing when you have stopped talking about one player and have begun the next. You might think that's a Notorious problem. But I think it's your lack of inflection in your voice or even some excitement in your tone. As you guys have mentioned there is already plenty of content for the "pretty boys" of LG. Maybe forget the entire show about goalies and just replace top scorers with best goalies? You denied it already but it feels like the way you guys were talking at the end of Overdrive that your begging me to be on your show. Not sure media is ready for Notorious.

@Vattyyy Power rankings are great but I feel they are redundant and could just be copied and pasted from the previous weeks show. I don't know all the guys in this league but I certainly do know 20-25 of them pretty well because this show has drilled their names into my head. Lets dig into the stats a little deeper and find a hidden gem or two amongst the established guys. When you find these names try to avoid the whole this guy has _ goals and _ assists for _ points this season scenario.

Ideas going forward:

- How about a segment called "Who I played with this week". This can be about a guy or two you played some club with that is either great or terrible. Talk about the guys skill set, his party presence, where he plays in LG.
    - Remove the top scorers segment and add top goalies in its place. Lets face it this show needs work. Starting another show that requires me to critique it is only adding to my work load. Each week have one of you GAE brothers appear on the show and talk about goaltending for about 5-8 minutes.
    - Power rankings should just be 2 teams from the east and west that you feel deserve recognition. They don't have to be in first and second. Then a bottom feeder of the week. Doesn't have to be the worst team just a team that maybe shit the bed that week, completed a terrible trade, or has a scummy GM.
    - How about a segment called "chat box hero"? Fairly self explanatory here.

All these ideas I have just laid out would make a better show than what you are producing. I have no desire to be in media at this time but if need be I will produce this myself and I guarantee more people would watch it and want to be involved with it because it's not the same monotone, mumbly, breathing into my mic, stat heavy media. Ain't nobody got time for that! I haven't studied the numbers but I'm fairly confident that the most popular thing you guys have ever produced in media is the controversial "roast" episode form last season. Now I know you can't do that again and nor should you but that show had life. That show had emotion. That show was viewable. I still to this day occasionally hear people talk about it. The roast was Baskin Robbins and you guys give me fuckin' vanilla. Well I reject your flavourless cone. Please do not dip my soft serve in that chocolate. No thank you I do not want any meaningless sprinkles scattered about my frozen desert. I WANT SOME FLAVOUR!!! Take me to flavour country guys. Until then.... Notorious out!

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    notoriousfat00
  6. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    Honestly the show would have more life with a new person to come on weekly with us. We can do discussion type material. But your only getting two voices

• Like Like x 1
    Glorygaming94
  7. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,754 / 76 / -125
    I think if people know the show will be more discussion and less stats they would be more willing to participate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    notoriousfat00
  8. SYN peaceKEEPIN

SYN peaceKEEPIN GoalTendy

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Brutal , Binghamton has two goalies who contribute a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. PivotGivinner

PivotGivinner Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PivotGivinner#6848
    Ratings:
    +1,108 / 39 / -95
    Player of the week and doesn't even get a mention. Sick stats @SYN peaceKEEPIN

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. l Bolts x 91 l

l Bolts x 91 l ITS STAMMERTIME

Ratings:
    +161 / 4 / -10
    @Da Young Buck @Vattyyy I would be interested in being a part of the upcoming show(s). Was interested in doing a section with an in depth analysis about players that should be targeted or considered for trade before the trade deadline by teams that are in the playoffs or are in the playoff hunt that could bolster their team and help them in the final stretch of the season. Would definitely like to do it for overdrive 5, to give teams that week leading up to the deadline to consider my thoughts.

Could also do a section about why strong looking teams are not doing hot this season, and potential reasons why that is.

I would even like to talk about individual lines when it comes time for playoffs, and you start comparing lines on each team, and who will win the series based off the line comparisons and defense pairs and goalies.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Boltsx91