LG Media Team: Summer Season

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 7, 2016.

?

Should LG have a summer season

1. Yes - make it a full 82 game season though (if we have no issues with 1st two season like we've had)

41.8%
  2. No - have a big IHL style tournament instead

49.3%
  3. Other

9.0%
  1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    We all know the summer season has been a joke for some time know. There are a number of factors that go into this

- The Game has been out for almost 8 months and people are tired of it
    - Summer bidding pool is weak
    - A lot of new/first time MGMT teams
    - Forfeits
    - NHL Beta
    - Summer and people living life
    - MGMT doing friends favors
    - MGMT sending their good players to playoff teams for toughing it out or bc they are not going to resign and they want to create a good report with them
    - Rental Players becoming a thing (WTF is this, how is this even a thing)
    - MGMT not getting banned for not running their teams during the season, but being added to no MGMT list after the season
    - MGMT not touching their AHL teams bc theyre doing good and they don't want to ruin their season to fix the
    - Unfavorable trades not getting reversed

There are a number of different views on summer season and a lot of the arguments are valid. All of the issues listed above plus the wasted years of good contracts coupled with the sour taste summer season leaves in peoples mouths and the 0 respect people have for teams winning a summer cup has really made summer season feel like a waste. So what should we do about it?

Some have suggested getting rid of the season all together or making it an actual full 82 game season. Others have suggested leaving it the same and monitoring how its ran more and then some others have suggested having more of a LGIHL type tournament. What should we do about it, is there a better way to run it, should we scrap it all together, should we add something different?

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    For those of you who put other, can you please elaborate. We're looking for ideas here not trying to discredit or bash summer season. We're actually looking for a better way to do things than what has been done the last two summer seasons (shortened seaso of roughly 60 games) @l Landeskog l @KingKonz- @n00dle @Ksw @Nuge @Kbsmith37 @PSYCHIC TACO 24

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    SweeT9LoU84
  3. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    Lets put to rest the notion summer is harder for people to show up for scheduled games.
    There were a ton of teams online for the beta at all hours of the day.

I voted tournament. I think random teams throughout the summer could be a good way of mixing people up and promote community.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Remnato

Remnato Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Remnato#6916
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -1
    the summer season is pointless, some people forgo signing up. and when they do if they are not on a team they think is good they either go on IR or ask to be traded. My only thing is with a tournament style system you have to set it so that the same people are not picked over and over.

remnato
  5. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    i don't think its the not signing up or not making games as much as it being shortened and my contract yrs given out being wasted on a pointless season
    - weakest bidding,
    - people playing out of position
    -new MGMT,
    -players giving poor availability
    - players missing games players
    - MGMT do dumb trades bc theyre not returning or are returning and want to creat good report with players
    - people simply not care as much as other seasons

SweeT9LoU84
  6. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    I mean there's a lot of bullshit that goes on behind closed doors in a summer season. I agree with all of Lous views. But I also have one more view. The lack of respect that the owners who do try do not get.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    cross_x_check
  7. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    How about just a bunch of tourneys in the summer. IHL, FNPs, some nice breaks in between

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    First Full 82 Game Season
    CanAm Break (Seriously all eyes/focus/etc should be on CanAm for 2-3 weeks, imo)
    Second Full 82 Game Season
    Some Other Tournament Break, try to line up a pro series playoffs around this time?

Seasons mean more because theres less of them. Longer breaks for management, do other less serious tournaments and such during the breaks and have some elite top level competitions going on for people to watch/enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    What truly blows my mind is the owners whom start to see their team slip and forfeit games and simply don't hold anyone accountable.

As League staff, I am going to hold owners and GMs accounts for there teams and in situations where the manages simply allow their time to not show without punishment is a real problem.

If owners and GMs hold their players more accountable, and we started to see the guys who give up on the league in the final weeks of a season get removed and can't return we will see player actually show up.

ANA and MTL were out of the playoffs by a long shot and we're still am to get a team every night.

Then we see teams like SJS and PHI forfeit more games this season than the entire AHL COMBINE! Yet we want our NHL to be our competitive brand?

CHI falls apart and we see a player and the AHL GM step in to finish our the season. Some nights they had to forfeit but at least those to managers are holding their players accountable and the players whom flaked out and bailed on CHI will not be joining us next season.

Summer season can easily be as successful as ANY other season. Hell the most players we EVER had at one time was season 18 which was a summer season. We just need staff to hold managers more account and the managers need to hold their players more accountable...

No one is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to play summer season. So when you sign up to play, the least you can do is show up

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  10. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    Personally I think our elite competitions like pro series and can am get more views when a season is on. I have no issues promoting the events like taht better and looking into new ideas like sponsorships like we've discussed before.

Speaking from experience watching site traffic and activity. People don't use the site or watch streams when they aren't playing in the league. So to simply run two weeks of just CanAm wouldn't get the same attention as running CanAm at the same time as say playoffs or seasonal play. Timings could easily be worked to showcase both events and those whom love watching LG playoff hockey could simply watch CanAm right after seeing how their LG team did in the playoffs

LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    You'd have things like IHL or whatever else running, but without 11PM game times (CanAm games generally start at 11). The goal would be to have less serious things running so there would be no reason not to put attention towards CanAm

12. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    I am cool with the no 11 PM games, the issue is the "preseason" mentally... the less serious stuff gets no support, and people would rather just wait until the games matter again. When that occurs, site traffic drops right off. The trends we have seen is September is our WORST month for people using the site, and the first round of the playoffs, tends to be super slow as well.

If we got the NHL Owners on board with really show casing CamAm(some would be playing I assume), it would be easy to have NHL Playoff times strictly 9-10 PM, the having canam our 11 PM time slot.

That would be the best of both worlds

LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    I said this same thing to you before. I feel honored you used it in a post lol.

cross_x_check
  14. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    - No summer season
    - Move back the Fall season that way we don't have that odd break in between playoffs.
    - Have all Tourneys, Pro Series playoffs like Nuge said, fit into the summer.
    - Maybe still have the CHL run through the summer for amateurs and prospects?

LGHL is starting to become the least interesting league to be in. Your top players are now going to be strictly Pro Series and good players want to play AHL.

We have a huge void in LGHL and it's tearing it apart. LGHL needs to mean more, we need incentives.

No Streaming Account
  15. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    But at the same time @Kbsmith37 summer season is a good season to get a look at some AHL guys in the NHL due to the lack of big name guys not signing up for summer season. If owners feel iffy about a guy they are bidding on then they should give him a 1 season contract kinda like a play for your next contract type deal.

cross_x_check
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    I think we need to look at the root issues.

"Why does no one want to be in the NHL"

"Why don't we have more guys want to be owners"

I have some ideas to explore to bring back more experienced and talented players to the management world

I'd give the NHL an AGM of their choice before bidding for 3 million in exchange a two season commitment, more accountability and less dramatic issues staff needs to handle(chat issues, bullshit trades, blackmail etc). 100% would do that to inspire more groups of top players to ban together to run better NHL teams but I'd like to see more accountability. If a team ends the season with a roster of six skaters cuz everyone else was removed and blacklisted for not showing up, then that's what needs to happen.

The problem players whom get a free pass season after season end need to either commit or be removed. A few toxic attitudes are what are truly ruining the LGHL.

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. TripAcez

TripAcez Aye Stop De Puck

Discord:
    TripAcez#0388
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -10
    But then doesnt he go back to bidding? Lol

TripAcez
  18. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    We've identified the problem since NHL 15. Yet we are still treading water.

You know what? If you can get enough good owners and players back into LGHL with the freeish AGM thing, then let's do it. I'm usually very against this but we are going to have to do something to get people back in LGHL.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. BacKLuND x 22

BacKLuND x 22 FA RD #7

Ratings:
    +775 / 63 / -45
    Lets focus on getting 30 good owners first

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Jemima

Jemima Well-Known Member

Discord: