LG Media Team: Forfeits

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 7, 2016.

1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    The LG media team has been made aware of some bullshit going on recently and the community has asked for it to be brought to light. We all know the summer season has been a joke for some time know. There are a number of factors that go into this but one thing we need to eliminate is the forfeits.

11-15 games on the Thursday, the last night of the season were FFs

The west had a 4 way race for 8th place

MIN went 6-3 with 1 FF Wins courtesy of NYI 8th game of the week Wed 11pm but they still had to win a big game Thurs against Pitt or so we thought

LA went 5-4 with 2 FF Wins courtesy of DET and TOR on the last 2 games of the season WED 11pm and THURS 9pm

COL went 7-2 with 2 FF Wins courtesy of yet again PHI and NYI the 6th game and 9th game of the week Tues 11pm and Thurs 9pm

DET: @a1xFREAKx13 @bc bud024 @l Crosscheck l @lRyan l6l - This team was in great position heading into the last week and had a terrible last week and ended up no showing for their last 2 games once they were out of it thus effecting the west race

TOR: @BigJayAyotte @cj142 @x LegendaryKev - They couldn't improve their playoff position so they gifted LA a free win to get them into playoffs, talk about sketchy

NYI: @Kirito x58 @Ehlers x 27 @Suck It D0nny @DarsowTV - Boz has literally played 4 of a possible 18 games this season but is somehow not banned or suspended literally mind blowing. Maybe something personal occurred which if that was the case the league needs to make exceptions for these situations and allow players/mgmt to retire without multi season bans for the team and for the leagues sake. Kirito apparently filed for removal before the deadline but the league hadn't processed it until after, however he was able to make trades to send players to playoff teams, makes sense and the league said no reversals will be made bc none of the trades were fairly one sided and bc he filed for the removal before hand that just did process it, yet he was able to do deals after filing for an appeal, weird. Donny and Darrow got the team to show for 3 of the 9 games in the finally week one of which they received a FF themselves

PHI: @Handz @Remnato - PHI forfeited 3 of their 9 games in the final week. One to TB on Sunday the first game of the week! to a team in a playofff battled in the east. They then FFd the TUES 11pm against COL who was in that west race as well and finally THURS 9pm against NSH who had locked up 1st in the west already anyways. Handz is another experienced manager who let his teams FFs effect playoff standings and they didnt even add an AGM who could of helped them gather ECUs if they were not around

SJS: @AcesCracked17 @GB521 - The most disappointing team in the league by far this season and a team that FF 13 in a row until playing my team the last game of the season in which i contacted their AHL team and NHL MGMT to get 6 for my guys to play and their AHL was able to grab some AHL and CHL guys to play. This team also made one of the more ridiculous trades in the game trading @Tayyzzz away for @JayTheNeonBlood who was then flipped to DET for @System x 17 and then sent down the DETs AHL team where he went on IR and only played 1 game but the trade should be allowed and comp was waived so what are you gonna do. This was one of the worst shows of a talented mgmt team in years

This is a joke the league has allowed these antics to happen and even a bigger joke that most of us don't care and that we've just come to accept that is what summer season is about. Its about creating opportunities of newer MGMT to make a name for themselves @STL Bleeker @Diabolic Viper @Gulash l4l @Dumba x 55 @Stifmeister x 7 @Zero Choice @FlashDavin @Glitch Goaling @Pavelski xl8l. However, that does not mean we should have forfeits when we have 17 rosters players, 17 AHL players and roughly 50+ TC players along with a button on the LG home page we can click that mass messages every player associated wit your team to ECU at game time. I know no one wants to play with random ECUs we've never played with and at times would rather forfeit but people sign up for the league to play and it shouldnt be hard to get 6 together.

*This is the LG media teams write up meant to spark the forums and cause debate in the forums, i literally 0 care about forfeits, i do however sign up for lg to play not take forfeits but i understand why people do forfeit and why people take forfeits bc no one wants to sit around for 20 mins waiting and then no one wants to play with ECUs out of position and get their ass kicked and waste 30 mins

@MCDONALD l19l @Tiddus @Winston Payne @AGally l94l @Itz Horty @kpy86

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    @SweeT 9 LoU 84. Once we got eliminated no one wanted to play this attrocious game. Our AHL is full of bullshit all the way from management down to TC and of course when we needed someone they didn't want to come play and unfortunately you can't make someone who is not scheduled to play, play. I tried vigorously after the Anaheim game to get a team together to play LA but only had 4 people this that FF. Freak had no internet for a great majority of the week so I was all alone. Bc bud hasn't done shit all season so he was as useful as tits on a bull.

Then the Calgary game again I was the only one on Besides freak in whom already played his 3 games. I had some guys ready to go but they were prospects so this would have still resulted in a FF loss.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    cross_x_check
  3. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    like i said man all good i understand how it is, just was presenting this as a media team write up as everyone was asking for something about it. I know people have their reasonings, at least it gives you a chance to state your case, but again either way doesnt really bother me i know a lot of you guys put the effort in and sometimes just cant get guys and the new prospect rule is dumb to me but i guess makes sense if people are trying to make 2nd tags

• Like Like x 3
    SweeT9LoU84
  4. TH3 WID0WMAK3R

TH3 WID0WMAK3R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 20 / -14
    Lots of scumbags.

No Streaming Account
  5. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    i ff all my playoffs games

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. a Bas3 CaMp3r

a Bas3 CaMp3r Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 55 / -68
    I can understand people no showing when their team has no ability to make playoffs. Some of the trade situations are patently unfair. The one thing I find most discerning is that you can trade a player "for the season" then he gets traded back as part of the trade.

I think to get around this you shouldn't be allowed to play for the team you were traded from the following season unless you are obtained via changing positions (offer sheet or whatever you call it) or by going through bidding. It allows for ridiculous trades to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    A_Bas3_CaMp3r
  7. barneyrebel II

barneyrebel II Twinkle Twinkle

Ratings:
    +94 / 7 / -11
    NYI and Philly both gathered 6 to play Winnipeg who was in a tight race but gave the ff win to the other teams we were jockeying for position with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    barneyrebel2
  8. Hooter

Hooter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 3 / -1
    LA owner has lost all of my respect for taking that FF

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Hooterzz
  9. Remnato

Remnato Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Remnato#6916
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -1
    actually philly played min we lost in OT to them the game was 4-3. MIN has yet to have the correct stats put into the system. Also for the other 3 games we could not actually get enough players to play those games even with the TC. The nashville game was the only exception i told Nashville that we were forfeiting cause i was not going to play ECUs against a first line that just wanted to pad stats, for the last game i was not going to do that.

• Like Like x 2
    remnato
  10. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    Shocker, kids who beat off around pro series are completely ineffective/sketchy in most every aspect of league play.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. X1xHeArLeYx2X

X1xHeArLeYx2X Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259 / 7 / -6
    min got shafted hard by the actions of two teams. Forfeits shouldnt be allowed the final week of the season

• Like Like x 1
    X1xhearleyx2x
  12. HobO0nurporch

HobO0nurporch Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    If they have an excessive amount of consecutive forfeits then put them on the no management list

• Like Like x 2
    miT_
  13. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Unfortunately there's not much u can do management wise when nobody is online and/or not answering messages so I take partial blame for u guys not being able to make playoffs. You can't make no forfeits in any part of the season a rule. Things come up, people no show, it's just impossible to predict.

• Informative Informative x 1
    cross_x_check
  14. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Only way you can do that is if players are actually trying to play and the management is doing nothing to provide them the support they need to play. Making lines, getting people together, ecus and other things. Now if the management is doing their job and doing the best they can to get people together and people just aren't there or don't give 2 shits to answer then that is not managements fault. Brodie and I had an argument about this before and as I stated to him you can't hold a gun to someone's head to play. All you can do is message anyone and everyone and hope for the best.

Here's an idea Brodie probably thought about this already but I'll give it a whirl anyway:

@MCDONALD l19l

Since we are having a ECHL incorporated into the league. Besides our normal training camps can these ECHL players go into one huge pool so any of the teams can use someone as an ECU? I mean this could help people who have Ps in their TC. Our FF against LA this week I had 2 or 3 Ps ready to play but they couldn't which is ultimately what shafted us for that game.

• Useful Useful x 1
    cross_x_check
  15. Cooker1091

Cooker1091 Wheel. Sauce. Snipe.

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    Through all the negativity of the last week...just like to shout out and say thanks to @DudleyDoWright5 and @Smitterr who put lines together and had no FFs for the season (as we were out of playoff position the final 2 weeks)

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  16. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    Teams like MTL and ANA were prime examples of what needed to happened ends season. There is a strong chance a team like SJS for example ends up with two season bans for everyone issued

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    Minnesota shafted hard, but I guess no one cares they tried to get Pittsburgh to forfeit the final game of the season to them. Unless no one knew about that yet... oops.

in b4 LOL IT WAS A JOKE

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    I heard about that @SJUSoccer9 but I didn't want to say anything about it.

• Like Like x 1
    cross_x_check
  19. Woahmack

Woahmack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 27 / -23
    You guys also took a pretty bogus ff win the week before to help you guys try and make the playoffs, so karma bit you guys in the ass honestly.

• Like Like x 3
    WoahmackNHL
  20. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    There were instances where we waited 25 minutes for the other team to get their players together to help avoid them from forfeiting. Only for us to lose the game anyway. I can understand being curtious and waiting slightly longer for them to be respectful but some teams take advantage of the whole cant connect thing. I can't wait to see what happens in 17 when hopefully all that is fixed and rules are changed.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    cross_x_check