League Settings Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by Guest, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Easy for you to say, you have the Pats.

I missed both signups, for personal reasons that left me out of town, and I am taking on a team that was leftover. I could do all the trades I want and I still won't come close to the team you have. Also why not make it a more level playing field to begin with and then have people's knowledge of football and of ESPN NFL take them to victory, rather than letting people with good strategy and a not so good team be able to beat people with a lesser strategy and a better team?

No Streaming Account
  2. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yikesssss :x then i should need EQ coz i DONT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

have or have not EQ its ok for me :wink:

No Streaming Account
  3. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    EQ off.

No Streaming Account
  4. macteago

macteago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like EQ has been fairly tested and discovered to be not right for this league.

So EQ off is cool with me. I'm the Steelers who are poorly rated in this game, but it will be fun to battle for wins with them.

Running up the score for padding stats is kind of weak in my opinion. I find it much more respectable if you are at the top of stat categories without forcefully jamming stats down one players throat when your up big.

No Streaming Account
  5. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the guys that are saying they want it on I want to hear what they say after they actually test it out. In theory, yeah it all sounds good. In reality, the Performance EQ turns the game into crap.

I have played at least 10 games now with it on. I have alot more fun and am alot less frustrated with it off. Don't just post why you think it's fair. Test the settings and post why you think it's better.

No Streaming Account
  6. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    I have used it before and it does induce a way more defensive game with lower scores. Yes, it can prevent people from getting scores and stats lower than what they're used to....so I guess that's why it will be off. I have no problem either way.

It's fine with me to be off... I just have to get used to playing with the Chargers before this season officially kicks off. Anyone want QB Drew Brees?...lol....

BleedBlueBlood
  7. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, me and Shush played our game and scored over 60 points together so I'm not sure if I'd agree with the fact that it makes the game more of a defensive battle or not. I've only played one game with it and I'm not really sure of how gameplay was affected. In our first meeting, I played better defensively holding him to just 7 points. With EQ on he scored 28. Faulk also ran better the second time around. Who knows. Shush, by his own account, would stand to benefit as much as anyone from any effects of an equalizer and he hates it. Hmmm.

No Streaming Account
  8. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see people are giving it a shot. But before you rule it out, I recommend trying this. Play a game against someone you feel is of equal skill level as you. You use the Giants, and let him use the Eagles. Play once with EQ off and then with it on. After that, tell me if you didn't feel like your defense (as the Giants) was playing in slow motion when EQ was off.

No Streaming Account
  9. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But isn't that how it is in real life? :p I know what your saying j but I really didn't enjoy playing the game with the EQ on. I felt more like I was watching a game rather than playing it. What is really noticeable, and what I don't like, is Faulk averages about 3 more yards per play. Without me doing anything like juke, stiff-arm, Army of 1's patented Jungle Juice Spin.

No Streaming Account