League Gaming: The Magazine: NOW HIRING Staff Writers: Details Inside!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by MR PAPPAGI0RGIO, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did send to nosice...I'll resend to you. I think I sent it to The RK 1981 by mistake.

No Streaming Account
  2. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you get my PM?

No Streaming Account
  3. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NHL Editor Application Submitted.

4. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and Conner, and Enforcers as well. Thanks fellas.

No Streaming Account
  5. targetthyself

targetthyself Libert galit Fraternit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    opps Rk i forgot, i was going to do it but then i got nailed with a 5 page english assignment the 1st, do i got so sick of looking at Word, I forgot about it give me till tomarrow and ill give you a 1 page EA League Key Face/ New Place article.

No Streaming Account
  6. JOKhan

JOKhan Go Sabres Go

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know what is going on with this? I was interested in the NHL part, but I just don't understand what we have to write about or base it on what? Specific details and I'll do the entry article for sure! Never mind if this is over...

No Streaming Account
  7. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually this died out but we're trying to come up with an alternative that i got the first okay from but havent hammered out the details.. Tris had some ideas how to really make this work but he was busy at the time..

No Streaming Account
  8. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    how about instead of a magazine you guys do it like a blog? check out the xshl's page http://xshockey.com/

i think if we did something similar it would be kinda cool.. you then could give a few diff guys acess to the blog so they can do an article etc...

thoughts?

No Streaming Account
  9. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's actually a pretty good idea, and would help to add to the feeling of it being a 'league' and not just everyone's team against all. I would definitely contribute to a blog if there were one.

No Streaming Account
  10. JOKhan

JOKhan Go Sabres Go

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright I will check here periodically to check for updates beacuse I want to give it a shot writing for something.

No Streaming Account
  11. asrabbit91

asrabbit91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wrote a sample article that I came up with in about 5 minutes, what do you think RK, I sent it to you did you get it.

No Streaming Account
  12. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rk isnt here anymore... :)

No Streaming Account
  13. asrabbit91

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn, who do I send it to then?

No Streaming Account
  14. asrabbit91

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Most MLB franchises are more interested in homer's than anything else. Because in the world we live in that's what gets people into the seats. Which ends up causing a team to have average pitching most likely due to the high contracts of home run hitters. Just look at the Reds: Ken Griffey, Dunn, Jose Guillen, Austin Kearns, Willy Mo Pena, and many more have came out of there franchise in recent years, which has caused them to not have the money for a number 2 starter. Sure they have Harrang, but the last time I looked a starting pitcher can only pitch once every 5th day, and they have been using over the hill veterans such as Weathers, and Merker, Guaradado ect. The teams that win consistency don't just go with Power, they have a mixture of speed, a little power, and have good pitching. Teams have learned about this over the years such as Colorado, coming into this year they only have made the playofs once in 1995. They wasted all there money in players such Dante Bichette, Vinny Castilla, Larry Walker, and many others. They soon found out that Pedro Astacio, Daryl Kile, and others couldn't get it done by themselves. Over the last few years they decided that it was best to go with pitchers that have a good sinker, and have a power arm. They also decided that instead of getting older players to build it's franchise with solid young hitters, that could hit at other MLB Stadiums besides Coor's Field in Colorado. Consistency is also overlooked by the MVP Voters. Ryan Howard won the MVP last season even though Albert Pujols struck out almost 4 times less as Ryan Howard was close to breaking the MLB record in 2006. This year Howard broke it, and was on the 15 day DL earlier in the season. Pujols also had even more game winning RBI's that season than even A-Rod had this season, which most Voters, and baseball fans in general thought was amazing. One thing causing this is what we call East Coast Bias. It's almost impossible to even win a prestige award in baseball if there is a player on the East Coast with a season even close to a guy in the Central or Pacific time zone. Albert Pujols even was on the Disabled List for over 15 days due to a pull of the oblique. He was on pace to shatter Hack Wilsons 191 RBI year, and Barry Bonds 73 HR season.

Aaron Sharrow

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  15. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No one, the idea has been dead in the water for some time.

No Streaming Account
  16. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sorry to the guys who put in effort to submit sample articles. I was trying to get this thing going just before my life got flipped upside down for awhile, and I had to focus on other things, and just kinda got lost in everything and totally walked from everything but the things that were important in life.

So, anyway, I do apologize, I do think it was a cool idea, so I look forward to seeing what you guys are working on as you progress the idea and have just another reason why LG is a great community.

No Streaming Account