If EA Could Change One Thing....?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 16, 2015.

?

What Major Change Would You Like To See Fixed Or Address For NHL 17?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2015.
  1. Input Delay

68.8%
  2. Game Play adjustments

20.7%
  3. Additional Game Modes Added

5.2%
  4. EASHL Build Customization

33.7%
  5. Goalie Animation?

16.0%
  6. Lag (not Input Delay Related)

16.3%
  7. Purpose to Play (End of the Year Tournament?)

12.5%
  8. Other

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jewbawkka

jewbawkka Am Le bad

Discord:
    Jewbawkka#0814
    Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -4
    It was difficult only picking two.

• Winner Winner x 1
    imjewbawkka
  2. DudleyDoWright5

DudleyDoWright5 Diet David Letterman

Ratings:
    +698 / 38 / -40
    More customization for your EASHL player. I'm fine with the set classes, but at least more options to individualize our skater on the ice. (ex: faces, hairstyles and so forth similar to the older games)
    Servers need to be more stable and reliable. As a Centre, Faceoffs are vital and input delay makes it real hard to get a read on the other centre and hard to get a read on the game, in full.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    DudleyDoWright5
  3. GoalCaufield173

GoalCaufield173 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jaimiesx41#0
    Ratings:
    +171 / 3 / -3
    Hut leaderboard have to change, i really think a player with 100-0 should be better than a player with 2000-4000. it was perfect like it was on 360

• Like Like x 3
    james4112
  4. Maverxck

Maverxck Twitch.tv/mav_live

Ratings:
    +117 / 14 / -21
    I never said there was some magic way to get more xp points. And I had to test and fine tune my builds just as much as anyone. But its naive to say there weren't builds that were incredible and could make players with a lack of hockey knowledge good because all they had to do was curl the puck a couple times. I agree with what you are saying and I don't believe everyone was like that. But it is very easy to see this year who is good at hockey and who was good because they had the perfect build. Keep in mind this is all just my OPINION.

Mav_Live
  5. NeNe

NeNe NeNe Speaks Truth

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 0 / -7
    I'm going to have a small rant for a second. The fact Input delay is something that is being looked at to be taken out for next year and not right now is laughable to me. Think about that for a second please. I still can't believe it is a thing. Anyways, i'm a pretty competitive person but with how the game has been over the years i've grown to just view this game as something I like to do with friends for fun. While i'd still like to do that, personally speaking, I want a purpose to play. Isn't everyone looking for a purpose to play the game? I wouldn't even look at the () for that option, that's irrelevant. The purpose to play can be a number of different things the Devs add to the game. Whether that be something for LG, Club, or both even - I have to think we all want a "purpose to play." The purpose to play is also something that can help grow and expand our community. Gameplay adjustments will be made without this poll, complete build customization is not returning no matter what happens in this poll but if we show we want an extra purpose to play, to expand this community, we have the people in place to tell the Devs that this is what their customers, a community of thousands of people, are looking for. Just my opinion, I hope it is a shared opinion. Rant went longer than I wanted it to :) Good day all.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    Space_Jam_XVII
  6. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    • Like Like x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  7. Jamezy

Jamezy Team Sized Back Pack Official Distributer

Discord:
    Jamezy#1403
    Ratings:
    +482 / 29 / -39
    OH WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO SEEMLESS PUCK PICKUPS ???

JebidiahJamezy
  8. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    winstonpayne_#0
    Ratings:
    +1,188 / 0 / -3
    A fix for the input delay needs to be EA's number one priority without question.

I would love to see the return of the traditional lobby system as well (OTP, location-based lobbies, private lobbies, etc).

winstonpayne_
  9. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    So basically confirming captain lag will not be fixed for 16? sick

• Like Like x 2
    Sloshy97
  10. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    This sucks. It's like you have cancer and someone asked, "What do you want for Christmas?".

Yea we don't want cancer (input lag) but would be really nice to ask for something normal, like ya know, gameplay and shit.

• Winner Winner x 1
    JEEEEEEBS
  11. ToughGuyTTV

ToughGuyTTV #73 Goalie formly know as xxPETRYSHENx73

Discord:
    ToughGuy#3019
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Goalie movements feel unreal (side to side, and trying to hug post) sometimes the goalie animation feels the need to hug the middle of the net. other then that goalie is pretty sweet to play.

as for BAP mode it a step forward and 2 steps back. I like the new layout of the game it just seems lack luster and unfinshed it could be so much more. I want to see my player get injured with out simming the game. I would like be a able to negotiate my own contract. press interviews would even make the game more realistic. something like the 2K15 NBA games. this is a personal opinion (I play a lot of BAP)

GM connected is another lost game mode that a lot of people would play me included (it is missed)

just another touch on the BAP mode more of a wishlist kinda thing. It would be nice to be able to see how you stack up against your friends or just a general BAP leaderboard going by Position and difficulty of play.

I have a lot more ideas but EA would never do it I'm sure......

EX. Story drivin BAP

toughguy_gaming
  12. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    i've played alot of goalie through the past years, i found this years goalie is way better than before. no idea about you but i save alot more position saves than before, they did seem to tone down the ~*~* glove save way out of position which i do like also.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Its_cakes
  13. Yann x44

Yann x44 Washed up QC RD

Discord:
    Yann x44#8823
    Ratings:
    +103 / 11 / -15
    - they should remove all freaking backward passes animations, in fact all stupid forced animations.
    - bring back the old goalie controls and gameplay.
    - bring back more than 1 lobby.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Input lag is a game breaker and a given, it should not be on the list of improvements, its needs to be fix #1 without discussion and wasting the communities time.

As for all forms of customization, INCLUDING player builds. FUCK THAT SHIT, fix the game to work right where needs be. There is a limited time of resources and money and that shit can be added or discussed later.

- Goalies need serious help from the complaints I've heard
    - Randomness needs to be taken out, the garbage goals look realistic and gritty but the outcome of a game can't depend on "chance", its a shame we lose the interest of top players because people can just throw shit and crash the net.
    - Consistence in physics. Some times people hold on to the puck no matter what, other times its a fight skating in circles trying to pick up the puck.
    - D-men should not catch up to a fwd who has 4 strides on them on a break away, carrying the puck does not slow a person down at that rate.
    - A D-man, should not hit a dry spot on the ice when poke checking, A stick lift might slow you down a bit more, but a poke check or movement of your stick should not cost a full stride (spamming poke, is a different subject)
    - Diving from behind gets you further and faster than skating again with too little of penalty.
    - Defensive tie-up needs to be put back in to give D more tools or give them something to do in front of the net.
    - FIX the shooting animation trumping contact. A player holding a one-time goes into the animation and shoots with his stick going through the D player standing on his toes. The D-man is not allowed to check prior so there is little to do with these forces and where the physics need to be fixed the most.
    - (with above) A player's stick should not be allowed to go through a goalie to make a shot in close, the shooting animation needs to be crippled by the physical presence of the goalie and not rewarded for being in too close to to truly execute a shot.

....Just to name issues off the top of my head.

I also want to say SCREW the "purpose to play" ......if the game works the way it should, people will play. If you want to later give back to the community that's fine, but do it after the game is in check. If EA is stupid enough to use this as a sales tactic and think it is important to gain a very small % of players this will relate too then they have their priorities messed up.

15. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. bakesssss

bakesssss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -1
    the idea they had for goalie this year actually makes sense in my mind. I understand what they were trying to do. They just failed at it really badly. I don't know if the game changers have an actual person who plays goalie but I think that would help them. They need to tweak the skating and a few of the little mechanics and then the goalies would be fine. In my opinion I could elaborate on specifics that need work but I'm not gonna go nuts.

Thanks for asking us.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. sparkplug87 nic

sparkplug87 nic Well Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -14
    I like the goalie system this year I think it's a step in the right direction to what a real goalie faces in the NHL. Also if you were good Zeno you wouldn't give up 3 goals a game ;) luv u... And it needs to be linked out with the left stick but otherwise I'm use to it.

No Streaming Account
  18. Facialize

Facialize Baby, you're a firework

Ratings:
    +196 / 5 / -19
    Input delay and lobbies

No Streaming Account
  19. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    The amount of AIDS in this thread is troubling. I can't believe people care so much about customizing their build. Who the fuck cares? It doesn't make a difference. The builds have nothing to do with skill in the game. Even with customizable builds, the same few builds get used by everyone. I'm pretty sure Bass gave his build to like 100 people because they all thought he was good because of his build.

Regardless, before I go off on a long, unnecessary rant, I'm glad Nooj is a gamechanger, even though he's a loser. Jk, Nooj, ilu, you share your bed with me.
    He's gonna push for an end of the year tourney and do everything he can to get one. While I don't always disagree with some of his opinions about the game, that I know for sure.

Y'all have a goodie.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    You sit on your goal line in butterfly so that should be fixed.

• Like Like x 4
    th3_1_and_0n1y