Idea for future All Star recognition (NO ALL STAR GAME)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Stoner x 95, Jul 18, 2017.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes, I would like to see something like this done

42 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. No, I like the current style

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Stoner x 95

Stoner x 95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 43 / -59
    First off I would like to thank the media team for all they've done to provide us with the content they do, this idea isn't to step on your guys toes or anything because I do support and appreciate all you've done... its just an idea to help improve on it.

Now before I begin my idea will mean a lot more players will receive the All Star award than what currently do... but it will me not only do all teams get a representative... but all players who deserve it will as well. My idea also ELIMINATES THE ACTUAL GAME FROM BEING PLAYED, but I personally don't think an actual game needs to be played. Being recognized as an All Star for the season has to do with what the players have done to help their teams during the season... it doesn't matter about the actual game... look at the actual NHL game.. the players are all giving 50%, I personally would rather watch the skills competition than the joke of an all star game where they cant even hit one another.

My idea is:

each division have their own all star team consisting of 9F 6D 3G (18 players)
    yes I know it means for a lot of players winning the award each season (72/510 roster players.. the real NHL has 44 players in total participate in the all star game) but it will mean everyone who deserves it gets one, and every team has at least one player recognized.

each team has a MINIMUM of ONE player/manager win an all star award
    each team has a MAXIMUM of FOUR players/managers win an all star award

Doing it this way we also don't have to worry about the availability of those select for the awards.. this season we have already had 2 players who are very good (grizz, fox) have to decline the request just to see them be replaced by lesser talent... who perhaps may not even deserve an all star award to begin with

Now for who chooses the divisional teams... it could either be the managers of their respected divisions, or it could be left into the hands of the media members

an example of this would be
    ROCHESTER - 4 representatives ( 2 forwards, 1 defenceman, 1 goalie)
    ALBANY - 4 representatives ( 2 forwards, 2 defencemen)
    BINGHAMTON - 4 representatives (2 forward, 1 defenceman, 1 goalie)
    UTICA - 2 representatives (1 defenceman, 1 goalie)
    TORONTO -2 representatives (1 forward, 1 defenceman)
    ST. JOHNS - 1 representatives (1 forward)
    SYRACUSE - 1 representatives (1 forward)

Like I said this is just an idea to try to help out with the event... if people don't like it feel free to call me a big idiot I promise not to be offended. If you have anything constructive to add please comment it

Also, please don't turn this thread into a gigantic pissing contest. The intent of this thread is to help, not cause meaningless arguments

**EDIT could be used this season as well if enough people support it

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Like x 23
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    This is a really good idea, it gives people the award rather than play a pointless trash game. It gives people the all star rather than some shitter from Syracuse a spot over fox. This is what we need more of. Give people their awards on their profile, not give these bums one. It's an all-star game where you play good all year to be recognized not play a dumb pointless game people can't make on a Friday night in the summer. 2 people already have backed out.

Good job, stoner.

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    mattyhandz
  3. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    I like the idea as well stoner.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. l Semp l

l Semp l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    l Semp l#9999
    Ratings:
    +113 / 45 / -31
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Gthumbz42o

Gthumbz42o Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Gthumbz42o#1892
    Ratings:
    +297 / 11 / -19
    I agree with this as well stoner. At least then people deserving get the nod. Like you said as well I don't think the game is the big deal. I believe people are upset getting snubbed when they deserve it not that they don't get to play in the game.

Gthumbz
  6. MJ23 x Cash

MJ23 x Cash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +252 / 103 / -114
    #Stoner4MediaTeam

• Like Like x 8
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    branden2197
  7. Mats ZuccareIIo

Mats ZuccareIIo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 49 / -36
    Great idea

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,458 / 325 / -613
    @Stoner x 95 This is a great idea. It really is. It would be good to implement it starting in future seasons.

The Media team gave plenty of information a month prior to the All Star Game and nobody complained about it until the Rosters were released. We, as a team, have put a lot of time and effort into this Game for this season.

However, I do like this idea very much. It should definitely be implemented in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  9. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    Big Idiot!!

Just kidding :p It does sound like a very good idea, good shit.

Sebby6138
  11. l Bolts x 91 l

l Bolts x 91 l ITS STAMMERTIME

Ratings:
    +161 / 4 / -10
    While I agree that all the players that deserve it, get selected. I do feel a game should actually be played!!! That's the whole point!!!!!!

Why not just have Allstar A's and All-star B's. Or more importantly just select more players and have several teams be created from each Division and have a tournament like they did before in a past season.

Like Friday night puck, first game of the tournament would be a battle to see which all-star team wins their division. If there is four teams created from each division, then another game played to see who is the best in that division. Then a game played between the two divisions in the eastern/western. Then the final game would be between the best team from the East and the best team from the west.

@Da Young Buck @Stoner x 95

• Winner Winner x 1
    Boltsx91
  12. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Would the game get played if it was 3v3?

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    I think another good idea and possibly a little more simple would be, have GMs submit their 6 roster players like we did this season (1 of each pos) and then let the entire community vote on who they want, good or bad.. maybe they dont want a 90 point goal scoring dink, they would rather a 60 point nice guy to go.. etc. as it is right now in real life its based off fan voting i think, sure points make certain guys stand out more than others. This way everyone has 1 vote and can have a say... sure you can add other stipulations like maybe a max of 3 players so there is some variety, then 2nd place in voting would get to go.

So basically, the TL;DR

-Each GM submits 6 players (1 from each position)
    -Media sets up fan/community voting threads for each position
    -Voting is opened for 1 week, then selections are made.

I mean if everyone votes and someone has 100 votes to the next closest say 30-40... good or not the community and everyone wants to see the guy with 100 votes, hard to argue but still easy to be salty, that will never change lol. In the instance a team has more than 3 players voted to go, the media team would decide what position and what 2nd place player gets to go, and make an official thread after all the voting is completed

Edit: Frig to even save more salt, if someone gets snubbed (team has 4 1st place votes) you could still give him atleast the Award for all-star game, and let 2nd place play (then you have a legit spare all-star to play if someone no shows or cant make it) Also off the same voting do different styles, east vs west, Management vs players, divisions vs divisions (potential to do 3 different types of all-star games in one NHL cycle)

Another long shot idea, leave it up to LG.. whatever script Tris uses to figure out stars of the week, use the same criteria for the first 6 weeks.. Take the top guys at each position.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  14. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Let's just make all the players All-Stars and then have an 82-game "season" in which they can play to see what the best all-star roster is.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  15. l Bolts x 91 l

l Bolts x 91 l ITS STAMMERTIME

Ratings:
    +161 / 4 / -10
    Community use to vote on players. That was the worst. People would plead for votes.

@l KaV l

Boltsx91
  16. Mr Orock

Mr Orock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 19 / -47
    I like it !

• Like Like x 1
    wedunkthose
  17. Hilly

Hilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 6 / -16
    I agree and support the idea, last season i remember being messaged last minute with "is there anyone on your team available to fill into the ASG?" 3 minutes prior to the game.
    At the end of the day the recognition is much more valuable than a half-assed game of people who dont really know each other or ever play together

hillhouse13
  18. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41

I mean I guess take your pick, having guys ask for votes, or have a community outrage with 3 different threads and complaining about not being picked in the all-star game cause the "media doesn't know what they are doing" people just need to appreciate we got something... to be fair guys can still complain, but its harder to argue an outcome when someone has 80 votes to say the next closest is 60.. also at that point I wouldn't call it complaining it would be more just pure salty"ness", if 80 people vote for 1 guy he deserves it or the community thinks he deserves to play, if that be points, good record or just a good personality(our john scott).

I understand that since the media is just a handful of guys, its gives people the illusion that "they must be close XBL buddies and they just pick who they want anyways or pick other friends". Like this is some little inner Illuminati circle that controls it how they want.

Lets get what I think is the biggest issue with the All-star game:

- Salty Sally's that are dominating the league who got "snubbed" from the game will not get their "Trophy"... Realistically think about it, No one cares or wants to play in the all-star game from what I have seen, but then why are they mad they didn't get picked? Oh thats right even though they dont give a damn about the game they still sure as shit want that all-star trophy. I have lost track on how many times ive seen guys asking for either their awards or trophies. Not that I am saying THAT is an issue, if you win it you deserve it sure.. But I am curious if there would be this much of an uproar if there was no award, an instead just a "useless game on friday that means nothing".

Media, Management, Staff we all put alot of our free time into the site, and honestly at the end of the day I just dont think enough people give a shit, its always "me me me me", and never "thanks for doing that"

Ill stop diving down the rabbit hole on my rant, haha end of the day on a friday and im going on vacation!! haha have a good one fellas

we just need to appreciate each other some more

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    @Da Young Buck you already know what I'm gonna say.... HIRE THIS MAN

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account