I am sooo lost?!?!?!

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Giotto, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy with Madden 08. I have thrown 5 INTs in 4 games, and I can really say they were all my fault. I panicked and threw to a WR rather than taking a sack or throwing it away. There was only one time where my WR tipped the ball and a CB caught it, but that is realistic. As for the running game, I know I can't consistantly run to the outside with Benson so I really mix it up and get Peterson into the games. I would have to agree with mustang and say I'm impressed with Madden this year. During a game I get real upset when I make mistakes but once I cool down I realize that its my fault.

Gajeske85
  2. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not so sure you'd feel the same way with a lesser team but maybe you would.

I know I'm not football stupid and this game frustrates me to no end. Plays that should work versus certain defenses often don't. Running the ball is ridiculously hard. I have two run crushing blockers and I do good getting back to the line of scrimmage. Weapons hardly seem like weapons most of the time and so called mismatches never are. LB's keeping up, stride for stride with RB's, CB's that always jump the inside route if you try to go that way.

I hate that blitzes aren't as risky as they should be. It should be much more of a calculated risk but it's not.

Hat's off to you guys that have a grasp on it but IMO, Madden needs some serious retooling. I can only hope that by seasons end I've gotten a better grasp on it but I'm not holding my breath.

No Streaming Account
  3. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tell you .. i think its not as hard as you think... YOu have to forget everything you learned in 07 .. and Think "different game".

Im not going to go real deep into anything but its critical to play sim style on this.. once you have momentum you have to keep it. Like Jmustang said field position can kill..

Once you understand how the defenders react to plays and routes things will start workign out for ya.

No Streaming Account
  4. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree in the sense that you definitely have to play it 'sim' and don't do the whole run around and throw it deep thing. However, the 'sim' of the game and what actually is 'sim' in real football is completely different. Presnap reads, timing routes, touch passing... it simply does not exist in this year's version of Madden (although to be fair, I don't think it ever has, it's just more noticeable this year with the defense cranked up a few degrees). I've had to adopt a completely different playstyle just to escape futility, and I'm not that far past it even then. The defense just reacts SO abnormally quick and has an ungodly amount of awareness and closing speed... the game just does not play out like real football, not at all. I should be able to take a 5-step drop and have more than 1 second to throw before getting sacked, and I should be able to throw it in a gap in a Cover 2 without a linebacker turning on his rocket boosters and intercepting it, and I should expect my receivers to break on a hitch before the defender does.

It's still a fun game, no doubt, it's just so laughably bad at attempting to be a semi-realistic football game.

No Streaming Account
  5. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've figured out that it's a completely different game but still haven't discovered anything from playing it that allows me to understand it. I try to play sim but that gameplan must quickly be abandoned after 8-10 carries results in about as many yards. I have found no consistency in how the game plays. Until I find some, I won't begin to understand how to deal with it.

Anyone that doesn't want to speak in generalities and actually offer something that might help me get a grasp on understanding how this game works, I'm all ears.

No Streaming Account
  6. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I ran plays for 2 1/2 hours last night on the practice field last night to find what works. After reading some tips online I found a lot of my errant passes were indeed my fault. Rushing the pass, not allowing my QB time to set his feet to throw, etc. I think a lot of my problem is patience (granted it's tough being blitzed 58% of the game), but I found if I set my feet and go through the progression I was able to get the play off successfully and gain significant yardage a the same time.

The game has been out a little over a month now and I know most of you are like me. We all have work, family and little spare time. The only thing that seems to work is practice, practice, practice. Find a playbook and run find what works for "you" and run those plays 15-20 times a day, then move on. Sound stupid, but so far I think it's working (in practice...that is).

No Streaming Account
  7. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im not all about winning but to give up the competitive edge and study ive done is ridiculous.. There's help out there for you, you just have to go looking for it..

I know you guys hate randoms.. you dont have to mimmick them to be successful but they can teach you things about this game that you can use. Dont go into the game just looking to Win the game.. but to learn...

No Streaming Account
  8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do think there are timing routes, and presnap reads. We are just used to playing past maddens. Many of times, 3 seconds in the nfl is a long time in the pocket. Its at the point to where we atleast expect that much time or more. Gotta be quicker getting rid of the ball, should not scramble in the pocket unless necessary. Also actually use the pocket. Step up behind the linemen and throw, and be ready to get the ball off quicker. Some of the blitzing is tough, but I have also seen qbs get sacked very quickly in the nfl as well with no time to throw, this does happen. Many of these things are refreshing to me, as it is more sim like. I always hated it when people bitched that they had no time to throw when they didnt use the pocket and drop back 10-12 yards to pass. we have been trained by past maddens that that is ok.

Also stick with your gameplan. Keep a balanced attack. Army you say you rush 8-10 times get that many yards and abandon it. Thats a mistake. Just as in real nfl, some runners start off rough, but the offense keeps giving him the ball. Sometimes he turns it around, sometimes he doesnt. The defense isnt too tough just because we cant get 300 yards passing and 100 rushing each game. fatigue is also a factor. Keep pounding the ball and the holes start opening. I have done it. Brokenpost's eagles were tough on the run in the first half, but in the 2nd I started taking off larger chunks of yardage on the ground. It does have an impact. as soon as you give up on an offensive dynamic, you make your offense predictable.

Some of this stuff cant be easily or specifically explained in a forum thread. Possibly some in game examples and such. if you guys want any more help or want any tricks, get with me

No Streaming Account