How the Schedule works.

Discussion in 'MLB 2K7 Prospect League' started by MR PAPPAGI0RGIO, Mar 16, 2007.

1. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Once you have entered your starting rotation into the scoreboard, go to "Schedule" link on the left hand side. Once there you will see a calender. We have a Six Week regular season, playing 2 required games per week. On the right hand side you will see "Wildcard" games. 10 Wildcard games for weeks 1-3, and 10 more for weeks 3-6. The first half Wildcard games all have "Open" status as you will see on your schedule, meaning you can play them anytime from now until the end of the season. You're weekly games will also say "Open" if it is at the week where you are required to play them. Also more games will open up as you play.

Also, by each game it lists what pitcher you MUST start for that game. These are required, you cannot start your pitchers in different games than what the scoreboard schedule says.

We're giving you a lot of Wildcard games to play at your own pace because for some reason the season is 32 games instead of 24 like I set when I created the league. Not sure what happened there.

If you have any questions, please post below.

Also the Sim league used the random generated schedule, so we followed suit for the prospect league. We need to have our season done before thiers so we can test the playoffs scoreboard first, so time was of the essence, and a custom schedule would have delayed us, and we need to get started ASAP. Thanks.

No Streaming Account
  2. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    is it our responsibility to make sure our scheduled starting pitchers dont have to pitch back to back?

example: i play my scheduled game with SP#1. later in the week i find someone for a WC game and the same pitcher is scheduled to start again?

reverse the situation, where your WC SP is scheduled to be the starter in your next scheduled game and you'd be screwed. is this is an excuse to alter the rotation or are we going to enforce the schedule?

also, is it just me or are IP stats being tripled when they are imported?

murph17
  3. JMAN25

JMAN25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you murph...What do you do if you play a league game and a WC opponent is available to play right after you pitch with the scheduled starter that just pitched and no admin is available to heal them? Does that mean you can't play the W.C Game?If you would follow your rotation in order would it be the same amount of starts? Kind of tough to follow schedule league game if you are trying to play WC games(With the scheduled pitchers listed)

No Streaming Account
  4. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Start pitchers are being healed periodically. If you need a starter healed, or know in advance you will need it, hit me up on MSN evenings from 5pm-10pm ct during the week, or if its during the day send me a pm and I'll get them healed. Thanks.

No Streaming Account
  5. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    ok, stick to the schedule. PM/IM a mod if you need a healing. got it, thanks.

murph17
  6. JMAN25

JMAN25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to confirm...We can only play only the first half of teams listed Wild card games right?

Thanks

No Streaming Account
  7. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Correct. Just to make it easy, look on the scoreboard, games tagged "open" can be played. So as you and opponants play weekly games will open up too.

No Streaming Account
  8. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    rk...what happens when you play a wildcard game with a oppenent thats also your week 2 or week 3 game? My game with the White Sox was suppose to be a wildcard but it is showing up under or week 2 game. Will that be a problem? Or just make sure we play again next week as our week 2 game?

drummerJ99
  9. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what the deal was on why that happened. I'll alert Tris. Its fine for now, just make sure when you guys play your wildcard game that the two starters from week 2 game are used since you guys used the wildcard starters before.

No Streaming Account