Hot Topic bans and mgmt

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by NerdyMamba, Apr 7, 2022.

?

Do you believe the current nml rulings are to strict?

1. Yes

78.5%
  2. No

21.5%
  1. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    I know there are a lot of different views on this topic.

I do agree with a no mgmt list. To some extent.

I brought forward an idea awhile back that if a player receives a ban/cap ban that if they wanted to take mgmt they would have to GM for someone with a long-standing track record as owner.

I know alot of the younger generation has been banned from memes and I know majority of the time it was to get a laugh without knowing the consequences of doing so in a league that can’t tolerate it as it’s sponsored and hosting events of nhl teams.

That being said some of these people are genuinely good people who would A. Make the league more competitive in a manager role.
    B. More people wanting to play.
    C. Grow as a person.

mgmt is a huge responsibility and I can personally say I’ve become a better person because of it. And hope that my goal of creating a positive fun environment was a good experience.

I have expressed that I believe that once a ban is there should be a nol [no owner list] and a nml. I feel after a ban first time offender should be placed under the nol and only be allowed to gm if it’s for someone who again has showed positive signs in an owner role.
    If that player completes that season and the owner recommended they could apply for owner.

a cap ban lasts 7 szns atm on nml that’s 2 years I believe that’s to long. People change and some people just made mistakes.

there’s no perfect system but my personal opinion is that the league would be stronger and grow more with the opportunity for guys to rehabilitate themselves back into mgmt.

There are fewer and fewer players willing to take the responsibility and I can’t blame them.

but I also believe that if the person is granted this 2nd opportunity and they fail to seize it on early good behaviour then they forfeit their right to take mgmt again.

what are your thoughts and ideas?

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 5
    Entering an Online Game
    NerdyMamba
  2. Hedmqn

Hedmqn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xHedman-#8861
    Ratings:
    +477 / 21 / -87
    i think we should take everyone off nml and also unban everybody

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    hedmxnn
  3. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,298 / 21 / -57
    I get your points, but it also doesn’t help when people like Gour finally get off NML just to get banned in their first season back as management

• Like Like x 14
    • Funny Funny x 3
    mt98
  4. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    That kind of plays into his idea of "they have to GM for someone well regarded in the community so they can actually prove they're ready for that responsibility." Creates kind of a buffer rather than just throwing guys like Gour who haven't managed in a long time back into the fire.

• Like Like x 3
    2wayhockey
  5. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,298 / 21 / -57
    Yeah I think that’s a great idea to I guess for lack of a better word re-integrate them with management.

• Like Like x 2
    mt98
  6. Mlvzz

Mlvzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pxnarin.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / 9 / -35
    REHABILITATION NOT INCARCERATION

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    pxnarin_
  7. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    Yeah that’s basically what I’m trying to say haha! Hopefully we can come up with a system that benefits the league. I use the example of @NielerR he was on nml for 7 szn plus his ban and he’s an amazing owner. He should have been mgmt sooner as for other guys currently in the system.

I offered to take guys that were on nml under my wing and teach them the ways. And I’m sure there are other owners willing to work with these young guys and help them mature.

• Like Like x 4
    Entering an Online Game
    NerdyMamba
  8. c3decker

c3decker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -2
    Was hoping this would be your retirement post

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    When you think that in hockey we can punch each other in the face for a 5 mins in the box

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. FatHogChelly

FatHogChelly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chelly#1573
    Ratings:
    +323 / 6 / -69
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Chel_Legend
  11. SremmLjfe

SremmLjfe -

Ratings:
    +481 / 31 / -50
    I agree with this, HOWEVER @SelkeSean definitely needs an AHL stint. He’s been a mad man since Kxv left him.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. txctfeezy

txctfeezy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tact#0507
    Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -7
    Some management are excellent and some management do whatever they want regardless of how it can negatively affect the league and the players.

Seems to happen season after season to the point where players stop showing up and/or lose the desire to play because of how poorly some teams are run. Were losing more and more good players each szn and I believe that some changes need to be made in that regard.

If you have a personal vendetta with someone in this league who’s a “biggie” or the minions of a “biggie” you can just simply be buried on bad teams szn after szn or get suid because we all know that there management who could care less about the team winning as long as they’re hitting 70-80-90 points a szn to keep their clout up to stay relevant. I think the entire system for applying for management needs to change. It’s 2022 and the community is regressing. Should be the other way around. We all share a love/hate relationship with this game and community.

The integrity of the league is compromised szn after szn and nothing’s changing. @lgmcdonald @Tris10 be better

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Tactfeezy