Hostility

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by KineticZ, Nov 20, 2003.

1. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what it is, but there seems to be hostile aura in the air this tournament. I know that last tournament everyone was having fun with each other, being good sports about everything. There wasn't one complain about anything......everyone was such a good sport.

But now, its different, and I wonder why? Who knows.....whats different from last tournament.....besides some new players...hmmmm ?

Theres definitely a difference, don't you guys think? So lets stop being anal, have fun, and be good sports....Peace!

No Streaming Account
  2. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    8)

No Streaming Account
  3. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if theres hostility, its because as in most online games, people want to win :> and when people lose/start losing theres hostility. If the game was on a balanced plane thered be less room for hostility but since theres like 7 ft tall characters and whatnot, theres obviously differences. Its tennis not some ruffian sport, so I dont want it tainted by xbox live users :> Most everyone ive met from this site is really nice, save a few people... Anyway, all in good fun.

No Streaming Account
  4. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with KineticZ on this one....

Federer: The thing is that we had INTENSE competition last tournament, but not one drop of hostility from anyone. In fact, at the end of all the intense/competitive matches, there would always be a "great game and good luck" from the loser cheering on the guy who beat them....

Something is different, but hopefully its temporary...

Lets keep it happy happy joy joy :p

No Streaming Account
  5. squidman711

squidman711 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    at the end of mine and artfers match he said "goodgame andgood luck"

No Streaming Account
  6. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cuz arfster is a vet

No Streaming Account
  7. jackBURTON

jackBURTON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are people saying that there's an air of hostility on the board or during games?

I don't think complaining about gameplay shows an air of hostility.

But being nasty online would certainly show that.

No Streaming Account
  8. Randy Roy

Randy Roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Kineticz too!!! I might be wrong but I do sense some tension going into this tournament....

It's all good though....

Randy Roy

No Streaming Account
  9. mnkytrix

mnkytrix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think all the hostility has to do with the fact that it seems there are an elite group of players on these boards that seem to win by a wide margin and not have any real competition until the later rounds. I can understand how that would get frustrating for players who stand very little chance of winning and draw the top players in the first round everytime. The fact that there is no level playing ground is a major issue in my opinion; but the only way to get better is to play more and more exibition matches with players just as good as you or better so that you can start doing better things on the court. Just like in any game, you need to pracitce to improve; and not just against the CPU. My $.02...peace

No Streaming Account
  10. CrazyCougar

CrazyCougar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think people are taking the black and white text a little to much in depth. As said before I believe opinions on a subject are being translated as hostility when in fact its just the opposite. For instance the whole serve thread seemed like a lot of opinions flying, but I don think there was the least bit of hostility meant.

Its all fun guys. Lets just keep it that way. Win OR Lose. I know I really dont care about my match result. Of course I want to win, but if I lose, eh well. Movin on.

No Streaming Account
  11. zain67

zain67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    agree

yeah d.d...d...d.d...dd..definly agree on this one with Kintetic, people shouldn't be bitching about losing, hell i'm becoming a professional at it ;), but I still don't go CRYING about it....occasionally I'll throw my controller and smash the xbox...but don't we all?, at least have the decency to say good game, without the whole "I want to eat your sole, spit it out, piss on it, step all over it...etc..." attitude.

No Streaming Account
  12. zain67

zain67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah d.d...d...d.d...dd..definly agree on this one with Kintetic, people shouldn't be bitching about losing, hell i'm becoming a professional at it ;), but I still don't go CRYING about it....occasionally I'll throw my controller and smash the xbox...but don't we all?, at least have the decency to say good game, without the whole "I want to eat your sole, spit it out, piss on it, step all over it...etc..." attitude.

No Streaming Account
  13. arfster

arfster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    um actually to be fair squid, i did say good game but i never actually said good luck ; o )

No Streaming Account
  14. squidman711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, so you want me to lose, i can deal with that, sorry i butchered your name in an earlier post! didnt mean to

No Streaming Account
  15. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK these types of topics are getting out of hand. I dont understand how much a videogame can affect so many people. I personally play for fun. I've lost online with people hitting amazing angles and all that crap. It happens in NBA, NFL, NHL, etc. Rules can be bent in videogames, get over it.

Do i get mad sure. That is also when i throw the controller or turn the mic off and curse up a storm. But at the end of things all i say is "Good game." . But i guess it's my competitive nature also that kicks in. Lets stop this "hostility" that is going around. First tournament ran smooth with no complains. Lets try to keep this trend going. Kill this topic already.

my $0.02

Have fun first ey.

No Streaming Account
  16. squidman711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im thinking that was your $2.00 not $0.02 worth

No Streaming Account
  17. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings: