Holy crap...LEGENDARY is super-tough

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by SlapHappy, Nov 10, 2004.

1. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Holy crap...LEGENDAR

I decided just to jump in head-first and play the campaign on Legendary, and I'm struggling just to stay sane. I'm stuck in the Pelican hangar, and I can't get rid of all the Elites on the ground level. Oh man...I'm fu**ing going to bed. Yikes....

No Streaming Account
  2. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Holy crap...LEGE

LOL! Same here. Waiting for Friday and me and my bud are going to conquer it co-op style. Right after I posted I thought the Elites were easy to kill in another thread. They must have read this forum.

No Streaming Account
  3. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Semi-Spoiler Alert!

I beat the campaign mode yesterday..But I found the ending to be a real cliff hanger and very dissapointing....It was exactly like the matrix 2 where it was all setting itself up for the third movie....but I'll I have to say is BRING ON HALO 3!

No Streaming Account
  4. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you beat it on Legendary??!!??

If so...OMFG. That's amazing! :D :shock: :?

No Streaming Account
  5. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hehe...I finally made it through the first hangar at around 1:30 am, only to find myself in another firefight in a different hangar. I'm gonna burn down the next fuggin' hangar I see.....LOL.

No Streaming Account
  6. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's where I left off. I'm in the second Hanger. I promised my friend I wouldn't play the campaign until Friday but I just couldn't put it down. Then I went online and played some ranked games.

I am having a blast with this! 16 players and zero lag!

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That didn't take long. :shock: Did you play 24hrs straight?

No Streaming Account
  8. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I heard the campaign only takes around 10 hours if you play it on the normal difficulty. That time raises considerably though as you up the difficulty.

No Streaming Account
  9. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WOW>... CAN i be on Skater's team... I died the first two seconds of real gameplay in campaign mode.... on legendary... you know where there coming in the door.. I know im doing things wrong so i'll have to do some practicing..lol

Is pretty safe to say that running out and going rambo style is not the way to go...?

No Streaming Account
  10. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL! At one point I got so frustrated I ran out dual-wielding a needler and a sub machine gun. I took down the Elite and then a Grunt tags me with a Plasma like he was Joe Montana. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  11. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I beat it in 6 hours on normal and I started lengendary earlier today and so far it doesn't seem "incredibly hard"

No Streaming Account
  12. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn...that's sick.

No Streaming Account
  13. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played all day on the Campaign (a good 6 hours) and I have yet to see some of the vehicles they touted in all the reviews. I haven't seen a Sno-Cat or the 4-Wheeler ride. I hope they are in there on more than 1 level.

No Streaming Account
  14. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm seriously starting to lose my patience. In the second hangar, I must have died over 50 times now. This is fukking ridiculous. I've tried several different approaches, and every time I get screwed by the fact that I'm fighting against a room full of sharpshooting dikkheads. Seriously, this is "incredibly hard" and there's no other way about it. I played the first game on Legendary, and it was pretty tough, but it was doable. This is already getting to be a bit out of the fun/challenge scope, and I'm still on the first level.

Who's playing on Legendary, and however in the fukk do you clear out that second hangar? I rearranged my entire afternoon (left work early, grandma has my son for a few hours, blah blah blah...) and I'm still no further than I was two hours ago.

Anyone??

No Streaming Account
  15. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can someone help out here? I have no clue what to do either. It seems that there is a large number of indestuctible Elites at this stage. What are we missing?

I got so frustrated I went to play online. Btw, that was a fun room Slap. I couldn't find my headset. I had the communicator but couldn't find the xbox headset or my cell phone headset. :oops:

No Streaming Account
  16. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I just used the battle rifle to sharp shoot all the elites heads and when they let the reinforcements in I throw a grenade in the ship so it hits all of them and then just pick off the remaining guys one by one

No Streaming Account
  17. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hell yeah, that was a total blast...and you're a complete menace with the grenades.

You were killed by Shush
    You were killed by Shush
    You were killed by Shush
    You were killed by Shush
    You were killed by Shush
    You were killed by Shush

:(

Rooms like that and games like that are why I play games. Total competitive fun where everyone's just out for a good time. I can't wait for the next one.

And btw...I got my first ever "HELL YEAH!!!" moment last night on this game. When we were doing one of our games of single flag CTF on Zanzibar, one of my teammates was in possession of the flag and was about to exit the fort towards the beach. I was running behind him attempting to protect him, but I got stuck trying to jump over an obstacle. When I regained my way and saw my teammate, he had been met by a rather hostile/SMG-wielding ShivasIrons. I got there just in time to intervene, proceeded to down Captain Hostile, and my Blue teammate scored the flag. It may not sound too great, but it felt so right.

This game can be really intense at times.

No Streaming Account
  18. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL! My first HELL YEAH was when I was in the Ghost. Jmarks came up on me and kicked me out (first time that happened). Next second I pulled out the shotty, made him cheese, and got back in my ghost. 8)

Skater, that's what I was doing :cry: It seems like the Battle Rifle doesn't work against the Elites. I'll keep going.

No Streaming Account
  19. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess this is why I'm getting frustrated. I'm employing a very similar strategy. However, once it's down to me and a small handful of eiltes, I don't really understand how to kill them. I can land a few shots, but they'll just duck and recharge their shields. And on top of that, they'll drill you with fatal shots if you even so much as peek your head out from behind a hiding spot. Any help?

No Streaming Account