Here's to the IceCaps!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by HunterofHaj, Jan 12, 2017.

1. HunterofHaj

HunterofHaj S3 SJNL IceCaps AGM S4 SD Gulls GM - Free Agent

Ratings:
    +71 / 15 / -11
    I had a little time this morning and wanted to appreciate my team prior to the Calder Cup Finals. If you don't want to read about my team close the damn thread and shove on. If you would like to read then pour four fingers of your favorite whiskey and have a read.

I'll kick it off with a thank you to my Owner @theyaIIfloat. Thanks for letting us run free this season and helping out when we asked for it. Hopefully we will bring the Calder home.

I'd like to acknowledge @x4HxPESTILENCEx for having a great season as General Manager and making a first time playoff team, the Eastern Conference Champions. It's not over by a long shot, but you definitely deserve GM of the year and "more". ::cough::OWNER::cough::

@Rampagekiller815 win or lose buddy, you are definitely team captain in my book. A whole lot of 3am club sessions and strategizing. Season 3 has been amazing and we've proved many wrong. Glad you were affordable this season and that you were here all season on my line. #memberBernieSanders #Best2wayCenter

I could make this post ridiculously long and talk about each player on the 17 man roster, but I won't.

My barracuda boys. This run we're on wouldn't still be going had pest not acquired the lot of you. You guys came in and helped bolster a playoff bound IceCaps team offensively and in net. Without your addition we wouldn't have advanced against Syracuse.

Defense, our defensive core has stepped up in a major way, thank you for coming in this season and playing the system we've asked of you. You guys have rolled D pairing after D pairing and been solid all season. Keep up the great work! It may not be as easy to notice great defense, but I do and I appreciate all of your grit and tenacity.

Goaltenders, goaltending was a huge question for pest and me at the start of the season and well, you guys answered the call and stepped up huge early on. You guys are rock solid and we go into every game feeling like we can win it with you guys in net.

My remaining forward core that I didn't mention, you guys moved up and down lines this season as pest and I tried to find the right line combos. You patience and flexibility is greatly appreciated as well as your performances on the ice. You all provide the depth needed to get to where we are. In my line of work we have something called "quiet professionals" and you guys have been the epitome of that. Especially @xTarasenko91_ #SomeoneGetHimAMic

And lastly, my TC roster. It seemed at times like I had a TC full of owners and protected players, but when called upon you guys were always there no matter how late we asked you to jump in a game. For those that we were able to use, thank you for your patience and availability.

Going into the home stretch of the Calder chase, I'm glad to be part of the IceCaps management. So many times the underdog, only to continuously prevail. I have no doubt that regardless the outcome of this next series, everyone on this team will continue to succeed in this league and many will go on to more prestigious leagues. No matter where you end up after we are done with this dogfight, one thing is for sure it's been one helluva ride!

Hunter
    S3 Assistant General Manager
    SJNL IceCaps
    2016-2017 Eastern Conference Champions

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. x4HxPESTILENCEx

x4HxPESTILENCEx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x4HxPESTILENCEx#1606
    Ratings:
    +146 / 18 / -26
    I also have a few words I'd like to say...

First off I'd like to thank @theyaIIfloat for giving me the chance to run the team this season, and for giving me the flexibility to make the moves I needed to make to get this team where it is now.

To my AGM @HunterofHaj, thank you brother! I wouldn't have been able to do this without you. I truly appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this team this season. Especially the scouting you did, and taking charge when I had football games. And you've been the genius behind the playoff lines.

To my forwards: @abdiel_666 @Biggimpin57 @Chowski777 @xTarasenko91_ @Rampagekiller815 @Famous_T_Nasty and last but most certainly not least @MafiaMan15 you have all been rockstars this post season. You guys keep coming up with clutch goal after clutch goal.

To the defense I want to say a little bit more to. You guys have played amazing every game. @phillygonaspanku and @Thunder_Thums you guys have really turned it on in the playoffs and have been killing it. @KMcDonald_24 and @cfaia30 you guys came down from MTL, and have been lights out, and kmc keep doing you in the shoutbox. And @JSILVERS and @Vito_Corleone you guys are the only players left from our original roster and that speaks volumes to the players you guys are. No matter how many times we changed your d partners you guys never complained and you kept shutting down the back end. It's a shame that silvers got snubbed from the all star game cause we all know you guys could have been the top d pair in the whole ahl if we could have played you together all season, I'm looking forward to watching you guys both go in the first round of the draft, wish I could have been the one to draft you guys.

@Im-beast-ur-not_ when you came over at the deadline you played a big part of getting us into the playoffs, and you killed it against the Pens, keep playing like that and the cup will be coming home to St. John's.

@xKLuTchDoLphiNx you have been the MVP of the playoffs, you've absolutely killed it in net and have shutdown some of the East's top teams along the way. Keep working your magic bud.

I also want to say thank you to everyone that was part of the team this season, whether on the tc or a former roster player, you have each played a part in getting us to the Calder finals.

Alright that's enough of the sentimental crap, LETS GO BOYS 4 MORE WINS!!! GO ICE CAPS GO!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
    x4hxpestilencex
  3. Nick_x_98

Nick_x_98 2x Cup Champ, Full Time Shitter

Discord:
    Nick_x_98#4378
    Ratings:
    +394 / 38 / -18
    I made suggestions at the beginning of the year too..... :(

• Like Like x 1
    nick_x_98