Halo 2 season 2 suggestions

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by CheeeseHead20, Dec 6, 2004.

1. SAMMYISTHEONE

SAMMYISTHEONE SHOOP DA WHOOP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, my Gamertag hurts peoples feelings and take it personally so they make it a point to shit talk if they finally get a chance to kill me. But it's all good, it only annoyed me because our team was a man down (at one point two men down because I lost connection) and they were talking crazy shit. Like I said, I won't name any names or specific teams, but it was ~*~*. Wasn't fun at all and I'm kind of glad the season has been shut down. Maybe they can work somethings out and try it again with a lot smoother system.

No Streaming Account
  2. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your a funny guy sammy, maybe you should try and take some of your own advice? :roll:

Funny thing how your team is the one's who wanted to let it die after the game yet your the only one still talking about it. Keep blamming everyone else, nobody is buying it. Just remember it takes 2 to tango.

No Streaming Account
  3. SAMMYISTHEONE

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LMAO! Way to call yourself out. Now everyone knows it was YOU! LOL!

Good job, bud.8) :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  4. SkaLicious

SkaLicious I Bleed Blue Blood

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1. Smaller teams/fewer people in league: Seeing how participation was a problem in season 1, having more teams or anything that would make the overall roster of the league bigger would not be a good idea. There were a total of 92 players in season 1. Why not shrink that down to 60 or so, just until we have solid participation on EVERY team. Start off season 2 with only the players that were doing what they could for their teams in season 1.

2. Less players per room: Season 1 we had 6x6, 3x3x3x3 and 3x3 rooms and there were problems with teams playing short handed. I think changing the 6x6 rooms to 4x4 rooms may help. Now there's no way we could do anything to guarentee that no team ever plays short handed, that's just life. But by having less players in the league, there will be more people on the waiting list ready and willing to take the spots for players not doing their part.

3. Free agents team: By having games setup for those people that are free agents, well be able to tell a lot easier who is serious about playing and those who aren't by their participation in the free agent games. By having this we will be able to let the Halo 2 league slowly grow.

4. New draft: I know a lot of people were upset about The Mercenaries team being kinda stacked. lol I kinda was! But in all fairness, Halo 2 was a new online game. So nobody knew anyones real skill level plus our participation level no doubt helped us a lot. But now that we kinda have a rough idea of peoples skill level and participation, we'll be able to kind of even out the teams a bit.

5. Maps and settings: I agree that this was a problem in season 1. But it's not 100% fair to complain about it because it's a new game and season 1 really was a test season. But this is something that will take time. But after we have some basic standard settings to use with set maps we could get season 2 rolling. And any new setting that might be thought about incorperating into the league should be tested in the Free Agents games a few times so that any bugs or complaints can be fixed.

6. Trash talking: This is a grey area because their are various degrees of taunting so this might just have to be one of those things that are left up to the capitans. I can understand how friends on different teams may enjoy taunting each other. But your trash talking isn't only heard by your friend. Other players may hear you and take it the wrong way. I think in the case of a team being a man down, no trash talking should be tollerated. Now I understand that everyone has the freeness of speach and everything and nobody can "make" you stop talking trash. But then it should be up to the capitans to remove players that are continualy causing problems for the league, no matter what their skill level. Save the trash tallking for on the fourms where everyone will know where the taunting is directed to, so that if you and your friend both agree to it, nothing can be taken the wrong way.

7. Have fun people!: I'm sure just about everyone is here for a good time. Even though there are teams and everything, we should try and keep having fun as our #1 goal. It's when a couple people take the game way to serious that it ruins it for everyone.

Now these are just my own personal ideas. I'm not saying all of them are the best idea to solve the problems in season 1 but we gotta start somewhere right? And I know we're never going to be able to make every single person 100% happy. But I think a number of people would be happier having a Halo 2 league here at LG with Tris10's awesome scoreboards as oppose to having to go somewhere else to play in a Halo league. So common people, get those wheels turning and lets come up with some ideas and state why and how you think it will help our league out. Thanks :wink:

No Streaming Account
  5. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very good post Ska, those are the types of posts that are useful and get the job done 8)

No Streaming Account
  6. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problem, doesn't really bother me that you cannot take someone saying you got owned, with a GT like that your going to hear it all the time. If you think that consists of trash talk then you have some serious problems. Well I've wasted enough time with someone like you so Im done in this thread.

No Streaming Account
  7. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Sammy, we've played MGP and posiblly a few others along the way until this league. I know your a decent player in most games and a bit of an agressive player, nothing wrong with that.

But you've now made 4 posts in a thread about "Suggestions for Season 2" of which NONE have been constructive or helpful in getting a Season 2 going.

Please either offer something constructive or not at all! :wink:

No Streaming Account
  8. SkaLicious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think WilloMan makes a good point about keeping the games "fun and fast". We'll need to play around with the settings and everything but I think keeping all the rounds to around 20min is a good time frame to aim for. So with 3 rounds for each match that'd make it about 1 hour to complete a whole match. I think there were some rounds that lasted around or over 1 hour, and that simply way to long when you have 3 rounds to play in one night. :S Glad to see people still wanting to keep the Halo league around. gmoney has the right idea about keeping this a "fun" league. We may just have to turn down players who just can't remember this is just a game and we all just want to have a good time. Great ideas guys, keep em comming!

No Streaming Account
  9. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see smaller teams. Maybe cap the teams somewhere around 15 (max) each. Then have 5-6 players on each team in each room. Each team would play a match on Saturday and a match on Sunday for example. I didn't care for the rooms where all the teams (3x3x3x3) were in there. What did you guys think about that?

No Streaming Account
  10. SkaLicious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm thinking that we really need to go over the maps and decide what maps will suit the # of players that will be playing in it. Like some of the bigger maps should never have 3x3 CTF with the flag at home to score. Cuz that'd just take forever!! I don't even think that games less then 4x4 should have CTF's with more then one flag. Just have them the type where you play offence and then defence and take turns.

No Streaming Account
  11. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Loooks great on paper.. but a real pain to deal with other than that...

I really enjoyed the 6 on 6 games.. we just need some reliable owners to stand by there availabilty...

No Streaming Account
  12. CheeeseHead20

CheeeseHead20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was there every week, played in all the weeks, even hosted and score kept for 2 weeks. You know I'm here and that is at least 1 dedicated gamer. I could probably count 30 more on 1 hand right now off the top of my head...

No Streaming Account
  13. SAMMYISTHEONE

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone who has played with me in other leagues knows I'm as realiable as they come. I will never miss a week of any league without letting the captain know. That's just how I've always done it.

As for constructive criticism, how is a better draft not constructive. Would you like me to volunteer on helping with the draft? I play Halo 2 A LOT (probably too much:wink: ) so I can tell who is good and who is not just from seeing them play once. So, if you guys need some help, don't be afraid to ask.:)

No Streaming Account
  14. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of less rooms per week and the idea of more teams, like 12-15 people per team, and 4-6 people for each room leaving 2-4 alternates per week

No Streaming Account
  15. SkaLicious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    While I like the idea of having more teams and less people on each team. We still need to be careful not to have too big of a league too fast, other wise we'll have the same problems with participation that we did in season 1.

Season 1 - 4 teams with between 22-24 people per team. = total of 92 players

So maybe try season 2 with still 4 teams with 12-15 people per team. for a total of around 60 players. And aim for having more teams in season 3 or 4. I think having 3 matches on the weekend instead of 4 is a good idea. Having 2, 4x4 rooms. And 1, 5x5 or 6x6 room (depending on participation).

No Streaming Account
  16. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You've got 30 fingers on one hand?!?!?!?! :laugh: (maybe that's because it is coming out of your head instead of you arm?) :wink: :laugh:

Personally, I like the larger teams (6x6) because it gives me (a lower skill player) an opportunity to contribute. Where a 4x4 or 3x3 team I would probably be more of an encumbrance.

With that being said, we need to have dedicated players to be able to have the larger teams. Maybe we could set it up so that we would be able to play more than one game a week?

20-30 min games would be ideal. That would result in matches that were 60-90 mins.

No Streaming Account
  17. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :shock: :laugh: good catch... :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  18. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No offense intended Cheese head, it just struck me funny. :D

I just posted something over at the "closed" thread that would probably be appropriate here as well.

What about an "orange" team? Those from XRT (PRT?) will know what I am talking about. They could participate in the all team matches and they could challenge the other teams as well as other teams challenging them.

Certain individuals (capts.?) could be placed there to scout talent (and commitment) and when the official teams need bolstering, there would be a ready made pool.

No Streaming Account
  19. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that worked well there because MotoGP is a niche game. There weren't a lot of places to go to get into a good MotoGP league. H2 is the exact opposite. It has such a huge user base and there are so many websites running H2 leagues there might not ever be enough people to run "Orange Team" matches here. Just a thought.

No Streaming Account
  20. Linuxx360

Linuxx360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    have not read all the posts but I would like to see better times, weekend nights are time with the wife and I could not make that...so I was booted, I understand why I should have been but the times just did not work for me.

No Streaming Account