Please Vote! Goals of the Week and Why they Happened

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Pxnarin, May 6, 2021.

?

Is this something that people would be interested in

1. Yes

2. No

3. Go Wangz

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mlvzz

Mlvzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pxnarin.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / 9 / -35
    Goals of the Week and Why they Happened

Starting next season I would like to introduce something from more of an analytical side of the
    game. As most defensive players recognize, a goal is usually not something that just
    happens, it is a result of defensive breakdowns and/or turnovers that occur seconds before a pass/shot turn into a goal. Turnovers are more of a factor in terms of goals against in NHL 21 more than ever and hopefully this turns into something that people can look to recognize inside of their own game and become better from it.

In order for something like this to work, players who stream games will have to send me links of clips to look at because there are way too many goals that get scored every night for me to sort through myself, my discord can be found in my profile.

To provide a quick example of what this would entail, I’m going to include a clip from the Dallas Calgary G7 OT GWG.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedFlaccidArtichokeCoolStoryBob-lBSmpJytLx-LbFXj

In this clip, the Calgary Flames are able to cause a Dallas turnover in the corner of their own zone, on the ensuing breakout, the Flames give possession back to Dallas and because of the quick turnaround of possession are unable to set up a trap at their blue line allowing Dallas to get an easy entry giving Gab space to skate it down low. The Flames RW Budfly tries to go for a hit to end the attack and whiffs, giving Gab the opportunity to move the puck to Dansne at the point. In an effort to cover for the RW, Eastons makes a good read and jumps the point to try get a quick poke for a breakaway but the Center was caught too low giving Gab a free lane into the slot unmarked to end the game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    pxnarin_
  2. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,300 / 21 / -57
    So long story short @KLoKLuca just has to be better

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1