Getting midtown madness anyone?

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by Babolat, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Getting midtown madn

people all over others forums say they already have this game. HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE THIS GAME ALREADY?!?!? well if you do, tell me what you think about it.

No Streaming Account
  2. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well guess no one here is getting the game. i have heard from almost anyone its a defintively mc2 killer. its more fun, better graphics, and better game play and options.

i will have it tomorrow by lunch. cant wait.

No Streaming Account
  3. The Destroyer

The Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am picking it up! As soon as they release it that is! :?

No Streaming Account
  4. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have this kids camp that i do in the morning for tennis. im getting someone to take over for a half hour while i go get the game. haha

No Streaming Account
  5. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At first i dismissed this game as being for 5 year olds, then i read a review and watched video. Needless to say i just bought my copy through ebay, hopefully i will have it before the end of the week :D . The police chase and tag variants look WAY to fun. Plus they are going to have the audi s4 avant and the o so powerful mini-cooper :D.

No Streaming Account
  6. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just got the game, and it rocks. me, rk, husker, six, i9, neo, stoppie, and a couple others we in this room for about 2 hours playing straight. really fun stuff! just get it, trust me!

No Streaming Account
  7. The Destroyer

The Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good! Now only if those copies we'll make it up here! Come on ... were waiting! Can't wait to pick it up.

No Streaming Account
  8. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Hey, does that mean Soldier of Fortune is out also now?

9. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did beta-testing for the PC version of Midtown Madness 2. It wasn't much to write home about, but I guess XBL support on the XBox makes it worthy of a look.

I might rent this one and see how it plays.

No Streaming Account
  10. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    believe me, its good. really fun and addictive. the modes are great, graphics kill those in mc2, and just solid online play.

No Streaming Account
  11. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Quit talking about it your making me jealous!!! I'll have to hook up with you when i get it. The online play looks really fun, is it as good as it looks? O ya, and watch out for the mini-cooper!!! I bet that car out handles just about all the other cars, except for maybe the firetruck or garbage truck.

No Streaming Account
  12. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    game looks pretty good. in the far distance you can see some fog to hide the distance draw and keep the fps up. but the whole game is really detailed. little things everywhere are movable, crashable, and interactable. and like i said the online is almost flawless. great game play, and great ideas. unlike mc2, you have a lobby which you can join in at any time, and leave into at any time. you can hop in a race, and see that you car is too good/bad, go back to the lobby, pick another car, and get back into the race. its really cool. and the best part about online is that all the cars are unlocked. so you dont need to play the whole game just to get 'em. though, there are unlockables like new paint jobs and what not. but that you can try to get when you cable is out or something.

:)

No Streaming Account
  13. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I told you to stop! :evil: Man i cant wait =P~ the guy says he is going to ship thursday, but i begged and he agreed to ship it wenesday. Have you played the online mode where one person starts as a cop and as they tag people everyone becomes a cop? That looks like a lot of fun. Whats your favorite mode?

No Streaming Account
  14. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, hunter kicks some serious butt. the only problem is that the stages are so huge, and the cop cars are soooooo slow that it really takes time to get the "prey" if they are driving the faster cars. when you are the hunter, you turn into the paris cop car, which maxes out at 140 (viper, lotus, and konig max out over 200 mph!). there is a DC cop car, but thats still unlockable for some reason - guess you have to unlock that in the single player missions. and we are all hoping thats a way faster cop car. but the game still rocks. one person running from 7 cops chasing them for the last kill is pure fun.

No Streaming Account
  15. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i got you friends invite indigo, see you online when you get the game.

No Streaming Account
  16. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok cool. Hopefully thats sooner then later.

No Streaming Account
  17. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you guys should trade this game in and get sof2 :p i mean how often do u get to sneak up behind huskerfan sixstring or dark gekko and blow their head off with a shot gun....i mean come on... :D

No Streaming Account
  18. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the game has horrible comments about it, and the worse reviews yet. here is what i posted on the mgp forums:

MM3 vs SOF2 - IGN Reviews...
    The reviews are both locked, so I will just get in some final thoughts and scores. These are from IGN.com, and my personal site that I go to to help me pick games, so take it as my and IGN's opinion only. Since both games came out within the last 48 hours, I thought this would help people choose which one is better. Hope this helps...

MM3

If you love Xbox Live games, buy. If you like racing games, buy. If you like the idea of driving a MINI over the cobblestoned streets of Paris, buy. As a single player game alone, it's about an 8.0, but as a multiplayer game, it approaches the mid-nines. This is the most impressive first-party title since Rallisport Challenge, and it's well worth your well-earned dollars.

Final Score: 8.7

SOF2

Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix was a good game on PC. This sloppy port is not so great on the Xbox. When you have Halo and Ghost Recon in your library, there's little reason to spend $50 bucks on a very average shooter with sub-standard Xbox graphics. The only reason anyone should consider getting this game for the single player mode is if they crave gratuitous violence. If flying body parts is your thing then this is the game for you. If you don't live or die by gore, pass this one by.

SOFII's only saving grace is that it does have multiplayer on Xbox Live. This is fun, there are a variety of modes, and you get to unleash slice enemies and friends to your heart's content. However, this game doesn't really offer any multiplayer modes that you can't find in other FPS titles, so again, only get into this game for the gore.

Final Score: 5.8

No Streaming Account
  19. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it just doesn't look apealing, or sound good. of course some will now say that ign knows nothing about anything they write about, but many people agree with them. i have rtcw, gr, and play halo all online. i dont need a sub par shooter in my collection just because its xbox live compatible and new. instead of sneaking up on husker and six, i rather chase them down with my 220mph car, while jumping and crashing into everything while they know im coming.

No Streaming Account
  20. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this game isnt subpar....i will admit SINGLE PLAYER sucks....but wut single player game doesnt suck!? online is wayyyy toooo much fun....GR and HALO cant compare to this....i have never played RTCW on the xbox but on the PC it couldnt compare to this....

No Streaming Account