Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremy a 60

jeremy a 60 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jeremy a 60#2381
    Ratings:
    +1,077 / 18 / -22
    Don't worry motrion and water is the cure for everything. (if you understand it I want the highest of high-fives)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74

VVV Best medecine EVER VVV

[​IMG]

Sebby6138
  3. CH0SEN1 x

CH0SEN1 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 5 / -12
    800mg Motrin...the military's wonder drug.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. CarneyeVORE

CarneyeVORE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 28 / -20
    Vitamin (M)

• Like Like x 1
    wizard0fozzy
  5. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    Im just here so [MENTION=6622]jeremy a 60[/MENTION] and I can talk ring sizes;)

• Like Like x 1
    DetectStealth
  6. Tiddus

Tiddus Hall of Fame Staff Member

Discord:
    Tiddus#1000
    Ratings:
    +808 / 22 / -64
    Because there was a ruling made and then an appeal made. If you haven't bothered to read the part of the Constitution that goes over how the process works there's a vote that happens by the BOG and then it's relayed to the Commissioner of that league.

Also I've received quite a few messages from people concerned about some personal attacks around this issue. I'll say this once as a reminder, personal attacks are something that the League and site do not tolerate. Keep it civil and chirp all you want, but stay away from personal stuff.

• Like Like x 4
    Tiddus08
  7. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    So what do I do with all these dating profiles I found?...

No Streaming Account
  8. Tiddus

Tiddus Hall of Fame Staff Member

Discord:
    Tiddus#1000
    Ratings:
    +808 / 22 / -64
    Give them to [MENTION=7796]MadeOfTwoFaces[/MENTION] I heard he could use the help. You could also share with [MENTION=6976]LethaLMyke23[/MENTION] cause god knows he needs all the help he can get

• Like Like x 2
    Tiddus08
  9. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    You know I will

No Streaming Account
  10. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    I'll be ready to help the Admirals take home the Calder.

CoachCrass
  11. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -3
    I don't know where you found personal attacks in that post. Go check my posting history, I don't resort to that. Your post actually reads like an attempt at intimidation to keep a legitimate concern about the league from being expressed.

I have read the constitution before. I also read the write up about this particular issue, and its very interesting. I'll keep this really short because I'm confident no one running this league cares what I think. It appears the league came to the conclusion nothing happened that actually affected game six of this series, so they rightfully made the decision to have game seven be played. However, they followed that up with the decision to punish the team anyway by taking away one of their available goalies by forcing him to stay on an IR call up, even though the commissioner previously communicated that he could be sent back down(at least it appears so, the responses to Brandovedo's messages were not posted). That looks like an attempt to not admit a mistake was made with the initial ruling, but perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

I don't care at all who wins the Calder Cup, before anyone thinks I'm coming at this from a place of bias. I do care about whats fair, and this situation has not been handled well from that perspective.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    It extends beyond just those running the league...

No Streaming Account
  13. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    How many seasons have you been in this league? In the entire time you've played here or in VHL, how many times has a player been used as an IR replacement for a week then set down to play for his original team? The answer is never. When a player is committed to be an IR replacement that player isn't ever eligible to return to play for the original team in which he was called up from.

The PMs between Brando and I which I am well aware you've read, only addressed game six in the NHL. He was asking how would it be possible for luck to play in the NHL and AHL in the same night. Luck was used as an ECU already which means that wasn't an option anymore. My PM stated I agreed that if he was used as an IR call at 10:55 which in my eyes was after game six in the AHL there would be no issues. I didn't address the game seven send down because at the time I wasn't sure what to rule yet or what decision was going to be made.

When the shit hit the fan and after countless hours of dealing with issues I didn't have time due to work to give a final decision on luck's return to the AHL for their game seven.

There is literally no debate now because I just told you why I said what I said and how I came up with my decision. No more assumptions or no more doubt. So if you decide to reply there is literally no sense in discussing your interpretation of my PM because I think I've given an extremely fair explaination.

You stated you don't care who wins, either do I. I am glad the BOG were able to review the situation based on our appeal system and make a decision for game seven to occur. At the end of the day games being played is why we all sign up here. But if you want to debate what is fair and just you need to take many more factors into consideration. Article One gives me as the Commissioner the ability to rule on things not outlined in the constitution. If you want to debate the eligibility of an IR player being sent down then look at what article one describes should be taking into consideration. Has to ever happened before? No. What is the intention of the rule? The intention is to that when a player is called up the remain there for the week and aren't eligible to play for their original team. IR discussing the player remains there for the week. What is considered a week? In my eyes a week is completed when all games in all league are done. Game seven being rescheduled to Sunday is still an extension of last week. Therefore only players eligible to play last week on Thursday can be used. That was always cases with rescheduled games.

You can assume no one cares if you wish but based in the time I've spent dealing with these issues this week while I have been extremely busy shows otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. Trevelyan

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -3
    You're so clever. What a joy it must be to talk to you!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Trevelyan

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -3
    I don't know how I would have read your responses to Brando, you didn't post them. That's why I'm left assuming you told him the goalie could be sent back down even though I wouldn't think you could based on previous experiences. In the future to avoid confusion you might want to include your own responses when you make big posts about how rulings came down.

No Streaming Account
  16. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    The AHL Managers have the replies hence why I assumed you have seen them as well. In the future I will give my replies as well to help prevent any further confusion. But it's probably more effective for those members who have questions to simply ask me like this discussion you and I had last round.

All will be settled tonight at 10:30 anyways. Let's end this discussion and debate by wishing both teams good luck in their game tonight.

And be like my explanation posted stated if anyone has questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly.

LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.