Friday Night Week 1

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by JDenton, Nov 10, 2007.

1. JDenton

JDenton - Rubbins Racin' -

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I felt the need to post after playing a bit of Week 1. I say 'a bit' because my internet decided to quit working during Round 2. Sorry to everyone playing.

Anyway, I don't know how the rest of the match went, but I feel the need to say that the current settings are WAY too long. I mean we won the first match 3-0 and were up 2-0 in the 2nd match and it had already been like 45 minutes. And we still had 4 matches to play! The Mult-Flag settings are ridiculously long, there's no time limit which is crazy so 1 round of a best of 5 match theortically last forever. Especially if you are playing against 2 evenly matched teams. I think there should be more use of time limits during each round.

Also, although I'm not sure if it would possible with the number of people in the league, but there really should be an 'A' and 'B' room each week. Not to sound like some sort of Halo god, but playing against lower levels isn't exactly the most thrilling thing. I'm sure it isn't much fun for them either. I don't know the exact range of skill level in the league, whether there's more 'higher skilled players' or more 'lower skilled players' but something should be put into place to make the matches more enjoyable for both parties.

Anyway, that's all for my small rant. I'd like to end by saying I appreciate all the time and effort you guys put into the league. I hope you don't take this post personal, it's just a suggestion and my opinion after only a short week of playing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  2. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could not stand the oddball and flag games. The only one I had fun with was Slayer. Everything else felt too long and boring. I am at a lower level and I don't mind playing slayer against guys who have nothing better to do than play this game all day and all night.

No Streaming Account
  3. JDenton

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually believe it or not you can be 'good' at this game and still have better things to do then play the game all day and all night. I know it's a hard concept to understand, and it makes you feel better about yourself if you think the only reason someone is better than you because they play the game more often, but the reality is you just plain suck. Stick to NHL.

If this is how every match is gonna be, just go ahead and remove me from the league I guess. It's no fun playing against lower level guys.

No Streaming Account
  4. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    come on guys it's just a game, have fun with it...there's no need for attacks on people...thats the kind of stuff that makes people not want to participate.
    matching players to appropriate "skill" levels would be quite difficult considering that we didnt even get a saturday match set, and i dont think we'll have enuff players to run 2 room every nite anyways. sometimes the team you'll play will be good and sometimes the teams you play will be bad...also everyone has bad nites so the bad team one nite might be the good team another nite. just give this thing a couple weeks to play out and than make decisions

BingoKing91
  5. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know I don't want to play against some guy who thinks everyone sucks who doesn't have a fancy helmet and only wants to go against guys who play this all day and night. Give him his wish and remove him from the league if he doesn't like playing against players who suck.

I will be the first to admit I suck at this game. I played online against people and have not really liked it. It is much more fun playing against people at LG. Maybe everyone who sucks should just quit and let the top guys play. Maybe people who suck shouldn't even buy games and then the gaming industry will die.

There were eight people playing last night. When it was said and done, only two guys out of the remaining six who actually stuck around to finish, had really high scores. Myself and three others were pretty even when it came to the slayer game.

BTW, I suck at the NHL as well, but at least people don't cry and complain when they play me.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  6. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The "you suck" comment is completely unnecessary. Doesn't fit with the rest of the politically correct post you tried so hard to write.

No Streaming Account
  7. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree you with you Brian, that was a complete low blow...pointless and gutless comment....

No Streaming Account
  8. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i agree with the "you suck" comment as well. Also last night i was very suprised at how many people were complaining about the boards. I thought it was very clear that we were playing more than Slayer. Personally for me I can play slayer anytime online, its the big team battle and others that I can't seem to find a good match online. I felt like I was forcing people to play and afterwhile it wasn't fun for me anymore. :(

No Streaming Account
  9. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dare I even ask how last night went in terms of finals? :-/

This is starting to get real dicey here.

No Streaming Account
  10. JDenton

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea I like how me saying he sucks is such a low blow, but for some reason his reply to my original post was not. When I was completely trying to be non-confrontational in the first place.

As for kidd. Sorry no 'special helmets' here man. I actually don't even have most achievements. You mean you suck at NHL too? Wow, I guess that only means you have more of a life then me because I'm better than video games than you. Since that's obviously your logic in your original post.

Anyway, for the rest of you sorry if I came across a bit brash. But it actually pissed me off to get the reply I did when I was trying to be totally sincere about things. I guess I got perceived as saying 'Hey I'm a badass at Halo 3 and don't want to play with anyone who is below me'. When what I was really trying to say was 'Maybe we should look at the room matchups, because it's no fun blowing out a team and/or getting killed by another.'

Anyway I'll stay and play if I'm still welcomed to do so. I guess I'll just learn to bite my tongue in certain situations.

No Streaming Account
  11. SpursRepeat

SpursRepeat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In all honesty, I believe you JDenton. I honestly think your intentions were good and not meant to cause any controversy or any other problems. I think you maybe could have worded it a bit different, but hey, you were still venting and just going with what is on the top of your head. It happens. I hope you are still allowed to be a part of the site and can continue to play. I honestly somehow had a feel for what you meant in your reply.

No Streaming Account
  12. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I take it not everyone showed up to the weekly LG singing of Kumbayah?

No Streaming Account
  13. brokenpost510

brokenpost510 on vacation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey guys i just saw this. Now i know i am newbie here with this. and i know i suck. I overall thought it was ok, but a bit long. i joined this league to have fun. I think once i learn the maps and games alittle more it will go better for me. I enjoyed slayer cause it was the easiest to play. Overall I had a good time fri night. Bones and Cam killed me 100 times but I had fun. I hope to continue to leanr more about these games and maps as we go. That said I don't want to hurt my team or teammates tho cause my lack of skill. i am not going to quit but if u want a better skill guy then me i would understand if u replaced me.

Demon told me this be a good time so far it has been. I just would hope that it wouldn't take as long. Thats how i feel have a great day

No Streaming Account
  14. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Denton, I understand what you mean. If you want we can try to get the upper "rank" guys in the same room. But I would say that rank doesnt matter as much as skill, I know you talked about both, but I am only at like 18 rank or something, but I will tell you I can hang with ranks in 20 - 40 no problem since I always get stuck playing against these ranks when i play with my brother, but I was at around rank 40 when I wuit playing Halo 2.

Does everyone else feel this way? No one liked the objectives? I thought that oddball was geat, CTF was ok, the map sucked but lets hear everyone elses opinions on it and we will see if we can work it out to minimilize the objectives and go with slayer type matches with Shotty snipers, team rockets, etc. Those are always fun :mrgreen:

No Streaming Account
  15. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oddball wasn't bad. I had never played it before and didn't know what was going on at first. CTF was limited in fun for me because of the map. It seemed like a whide open space that was hard to travel from end to end.

No Streaming Account
  16. JDenton

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope we don't get rid of all objectives, I actually like them better than slayer. I just think we should do more games that are used in Team Objective, like Assault, 1 Flag CTF, and Territories.

No Streaming Account
  17. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the objective maps; they obviously promote teamwork and I think they are closer matches. It's actually the slayer matches that feel a little out of place, as it becomes more of who can dominate individually on either side.

No Streaming Account
  18. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great idea....maybe each team can put up a post for each player to sign up as recreation player or a competitive player. It won't work 100% but it will be more fun everyone I think. For instance myself, Kiddstyle and Brokenpost (or maybe Bleedblueblood? I forget how good you are Scott) could play on a recreational night against somewhat similar competition. It's pretty hard for someone to lie too, :)

So have we solved the time complaints? I joined a room in progress on Sunday night and it didn't seem too too long.

also, I would prefer that the objective gameplay stays in. Even though I need lots of work on strategy it mixes things up alot. I appreciate you guys taking in the feedback and looking to improve it....we can improve on this and eventually everyone will be happy.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  19. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    slayer needs to be 50 kills...25 was lame...

BingoKing91
  20. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly what I was thinking. Keeping things open to discussion will make the league better in the long run and keeping people happy with by playing the matches and types of games that everyone would prefer.

Although it will not work 100% everytime, it is deffinatly worth a shot to make the matches more competitive.

With the gameplays, I still plan on mixing it up between objectives and slayer type matches. Settings and maps will be up tonight, I just have to test them so it doesnt take over an hour.

I agree. maybe just one match to 50 kills takes it on slayer type matches.

No Streaming Account