East Atlantic Division Overview Through Week 2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Tibbernac, Jul 2, 2021.

?

O/U on Providence Wins: 17

Poll closed Jul 6, 2021.
  1. Over

16.7%
  2. Under

83.3%
  1. spinaIIi36

spinaIIi36 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tibbernac#0
    Ratings:
    +125 / 4 / -7
    Tib’s Power Rankings

1. Bridgeport Islanders (14-2-2)

The obvious pre-season choice to win this division has started the season as expected, at the top of the division. This team is filled with draft picks who were not NHL ready yet but will be very good AHL guys this season and maybe move up next season. Almost all of their players were drafted except a couple. This team is primed to make a president trophy campaign and try and win a Calder.

Line 1: @Architect3109 @skyre5 @SouPerSaiyan @BigD Auditor @McAvxy
    Line 2: @Mooseballs04 @aimNclu7ch @redsox162 @Soxfan7744 @No1xDraft PcK
    Line 3: @FG x Daunais @TITOTHICMEAT @Racette x 27 @ALERGH @Stephen l13l

Key Factors: The third line is struggling for this team so far as they have been in 3 of the 4 losses. Their goaltending has been solid and the defense has played well as they have given up 36 goals in 18 games.

Breakout Player: I expect @Architect3109 to have a great season record wise and a good amount of points. At this point Architect is 6-0 with 11 points. He does get to play with Skyre and Soup though so his job is not the hardest.

2. Charlotte Checkers (13-4-1)

Currently this Checkers team sits in second place in this stacked division. Killa and Bartletts put together another solid team top to bottom that is going to compete with any line on any team they face. The third line has struggled through two weeks as they went out and got Marche to try and spark that line more.

Line 1: @Perellzy @BartIettt @Peck l87l @l L3FTY l @killamilla6
    Line 2: @l Sleatz X 19 l @UNCLE JUlCE @Scarn X Madness @DrewFitzz @Bilal x 19
    Line 3: @Marche x 16 @CLiiNcH @YourBoiRaine @PigsOnJupiter @That 1 Odd Guy

Key Factors: This team has the least amount of goals scored on them through two weeks, only giving up 34 goals. Credit this to good team defense and studs in net like @IORIO EMPIRE who I expect to play the max games for goalies this season even though the backup @Effort BDP is solid as well through two weeks.

Breakout Player: @Scarn X Madness for 500K is this teams best contract and breakout guy from bidding. He is 6-0 on this team’s second line in my eyes, and has 14 points which is very solid through two weeks.

3. Hartford Wolf Pack (10-5-3)

Although the Wolf Pack still sit 4th in the division. I think Hartford is still at least third in this division or even second. This roster is filled with talent but so far they have not started as well as I believed they would. It looks like they made room for Sansky to try and boost this defensive core. Its also odd to see Freddy playing with the third but it appears to be working to win some games for the Wolf Pack.

Line 1: @l Palat l 18 l @Clawstro @I Kessel x 81 l @TheBobbyOrr4 @toastycheezit
    Line 2: @l KaV l @AoN x CLUTCH @Clamonttt @Weavss @Papa Clow
    Line 3: @Thomps79 @ALWAYS CARRlED @Amirov 27 @l Freddy ll @Sansky

Key Factors: Line 2 has got to step it up. They have started out 1-4-1 which was not expected at all. The second line has faced 3 good teams good lines in Milwaukee, Belleville and Bridgeport but this line has to pick it up soon for them to contend for the division title.

Breakout Player: I think @Sansky is a great pickup and will really help this team. He was on my radar to draft two seasons ago, he has played with Thomps and Kav in E sports before so I think he will help this team on the back end I just don’t know if he will be second or third line RD.

4. Hershey Bears (12-4-2)

The Bears are currently third in the division and are doing as expected in my opinion. They are winning the games they are expected to and competing in the losses. I think Space and Kane did a good job building this team. This team has three solid lines and will be a tough opponent on any given night.

Line 1: @THAT FAT B0Y @FerDaHD @I Kruunchy I @Spacelessbark @x88x Kane
    Line 2: @AKmatic_47 @GET GUZZED 0N @HEROxIDENTITY @xAKUx Reaper @SNER0
    Line 3: @kdevv @Rubber McDucky @Schwatz83 ? @Raceboy77

Key Factors: They just brought in @kdevv this week, so I am eager to see how this move pans out. I think overall this team is solid top to bottom with @Schwatz83 veteran presence on the third line, I just do not know who they plan to use as the LD on that line with the 2mil cap they have.

Breakout Player: @I Kruunchy I got paid, and some would say he is overpaid but the man is 5-1 with 11 goals. If you are going to pay someone 8.5 mil they better win games and put the puck in the net like Kruunchy is doing for the Bears right now.

5. Springfield Thunderbirds (10-6-2)

This team has had a decent start but I honestly expected them to be better than this. I think they have talent and have spread it out by using Bush on the second line and Bowser on the first. One thing this team lacks is another top 4 dman. They have used a decent amount of ECU games early to cover for this but they need to add a solid top 4 dman with the leftover cap of 3.25.

Line 1: @The Man Roch @Dutch MDK @Its Tacky @BowserKOTK @HexagonalSoup64
    Line 2: @I F3ROCIOUS I @DiCaprio III @Bush x 92 ? @ChiSouthSiderr
    Line 3: @Lagsak or @xMarchy 63 @The Red Serpent @Lalonde22 @A Royal Goat @Swaggy Ewok

Key Factors: Bush and the boys need to figure out a way to win more games. As a free contract and a former NHL talent, his line is off to a rough start going 2-3-1. Fleet God in net has been alright, his save percentage is lower than expected at about 70% but he is 7-3-2. At the end of the day all that matters for goalies is the win column though. This team has also given up 81 goals in 18 games. Which is awful. They have to pick it up defensively to make playoffs in this division.

Breakout Player: @The Man Roch is on pace for a career year after getting away from @Broomball16 's team which I’m sure he was thrilled about. He has 20 points in two weeks and is 5-0-1.

6. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (9-8-1)

Lehigh Valley has been a little underwhelming so far. @vMvtt and @RY0NN put together a forward heavy bidding by going and getting Giroux and Fly but the depth of this team is questionable. I think this team has had some availability issues as they have had to mix lines which could be why they have coughed up some games. Overall I expect this team to keep this pace or do better if their availability improves and they can run these ideal lines.

Line 1: @Clouds x92 @RY0NN @Fly I25I @OlyOlyOxynFree @MaxBubble21
    Line 2: @Giroux @teh pwnerer25 @YoungBuffalo88 @leroux 97 @vMvtt
    Line 3: @MJKOO7 @hoodie munk @Qiono ? @Disensitized

Key Factor: How fill Vmvtt Ryonn and Fly fix this hole at LD? Jbev41 took a ban on PSN i believe so now they lost a 3-0 dman who did not show up last week for xbox either. If they can fill this hole with a solid cheap dman Lehigh should be fine and be able to stay in competition in this tough division. The goalies have done okay and have about 80% save percentages.

Breakout Player: @teh pwnerer25 has had a very good start to the season. He is 4-2 with 15 points at center. If @teh pwnerer25 can keep performing at this level and winning games, this team will have two very tough lines.

7. Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins (7-8-1)

WBS has had a rather rough start to the season. This team is decent on paper but this division is just really tough as where being a game under 500 is second to last place. @I Lappy I did a decent job in bidding getting veteran guys like @xTakerRIPx and @clutchcolbs but they have just not gotten the results they wanted so far this season.

Line 1: @xTakerRIPx @The ziz88 @Qc Morel 71 @Ix N J xl @I Lappy I
    Line 2: @AG wxrthyy @PomllxllPom @Shifty Chrispy @I StoNami I @ShortioZ
    Line 3: @Meestah Don @FlFTY 8 @l Shamzy l @clutchcolbs @EhBudden

Key Factors: I think the thing that stands out for this team, is that the third line in my eyes is 1-4-1. This has to improve for this team to have a shot to make playoffs in this stacked division. They have a positive Goal differential so they are obviously competing with teams and winning some games. I just do not expect this team to be able to get over the hump and into the playoffs.

Breakout Player: @Qc Morel 71 has had a very solid start and been a bright spot for this Penguins team so far. The record is only 3-2-1 but he has 19 points so far through 6 games.

8. Providence Bruins (Don't Look at Their Record)

I felt like I did not even need to put the record down for this team. They are off to a terrible start and their roster is even short players now. I think I am not the only one who expected this team to be in a tough position. They have 88 goals against, so please send a prayer up for the goalies here. The defense is just not cutting it so far through two weeks.

Line 1: @UNREAL KILLER B @sutsie @X Cross x11 @I BuIIseye I @Trocity V
    Line 2: @Buznazty ? @Dame l13l @ItsWatkins @tbeat--
    Line 3: @Toeffoli ? @l LOKY l LG @X Rated Rhino @HuffNDoback1288

Key Factors: If Dame shows up maybe this team can turn it around. That is a decent player who on his contract should do well but I do not know if he will play in the summer season for AHL games.

Breakout Player: @Buznazty has 14 points through two weeks so I guess that's a bright spot just don’t look at the 1-4-1 record.

Thank you all for reading, these are all my opinions so if you do not like something or feel snubbed its okay prove me wrong and maybe you will make it in my next write up.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Tibbernac
  2. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Nice write up Tibby!!

• Like Like x 1
    persinger92
  3. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    Shit I guess I should stop with all the overtime losses.. those extra points don't mean much anyways right?

Nice writeup tibby well done!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. spinaIIi36

spinaIIi36 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tibbernac#0
    Ratings:
    +125 / 4 / -7

lmao im not saying losing in OT is that bad its just thats the one thing that stands out for me when I see the standings and the breakdown

• Like Like x 1
    Tibbernac