EASHL Builds?!?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 1, 2015.

?

What Player Build System Worksn Best

Poll closed Dec 8, 2015.
  1. Set Your Own Attributes?

37.7%
  2. Current Pre-set Builds?

21.7%
  3. Hybrid Between the Both?

40.6%
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    Just for my own personal numbers. I am curious what everyone's opinion are with pre-set builds vs the old school build your own player system?

Would a hybrid system that allows you customize a few attributes be better?

Please take the time to vote and post your thoughts and ideas. I want to hear what you guys want when it comes to this topic?

Thanks
    -Brodie

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    Basically the same system FiFA has set up.

Also see if you can remove Rammers head from his ass while your up there...thanks in advance

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Drugmonkeyrx
  3. sam11stern

sam11stern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    Just give me my jersey tuck back.

• Like Like x 12
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    i don't mind the preset builds, i just want more options. Either more builds or more versions of each build

• Like Like x 10
    In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  5. this_may_sting

this_may_sting Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -6
    I enjoyed making my own player, had my guy dialed in exactly how I wanted. But this year I have to say I enjoy the even playing field. How well you play is more important then how well you can manipulate your attributes. A hybrid of both would be nice. At least the ability to adjust stick curves and skate blades, height, weight.

• Like Like x 7
    this_may_sting
  6. Symtex

Symtex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My idea would be to pick a Main build and a sub build. The main build stats count for 100% and the sub build count 50% toward the main build. So you can be a Power Forward/Playmaker , Power Forward/grinder or Playmaker two-way ? This will add a little more choices to find a build that fits your play style.

• Like Like x 6
    Fogboundturtle
  7. Jetup91

Jetup91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jetup91#0
    Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -8
    I agree with DrugMonkey, something similar to how Fifa does it would be cool

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    ThreeFiveGaming
  8. VI17AIN

VI17AIN Lived Long Enough To Become The VI17AIN

Discord:
    vi17ain#0
    Ratings:
    +638 / 103 / -38
    Keep the pre-set builds as it makes for an even playing field, but allow us to pick the curve of our stick and skate blades again.

Also it would be great to know what the stats of the builds actually are.

If there were to be any customizability, I would recommend just adding boost slots back, but not the ability to allocate points.

I understand people like creating builds but everyone at a balanced playing field truly separates button skill, not the ability to create the cheesiest player build.

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 3
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    In World of CHEL
    VI17AIN
  9. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    A hybrid system where each player type kind of had 3 subclasses might not be a bad idea. Like the different types of power forward might be a class designed for winning board battles and being a monster in front of the net, where another is more of a puck possesion drive the net style of play.

Ultimately I would prefer going back to assigning attribute points the way we want do, even if it was just NHL 09 style where the player types all have a different set of base attributes and you only get 20 total points to assign to each class. Any type of customization so we can somewhat try to mold a player type to our own style would be an improvement.

Something along the lines of just adding the old boost slots to the current base classes would be fine as well, as @Batman x 17 mentioned.

The ability to edit height and weight would be nice as well.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. CornsFatCob

CornsFatCob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 2 / -7
    I'd like to see them add 3 different sizes for each class. So like a large, medium, and small version of each build.

No Streaming Account
  11. Breckeeezy

Breckeeezy CHL All Star

Discord:
    breckzy#0
    Ratings:
    +840 / 36 / -35
    preset builds are absolute shit. an "even playing field" never mattered to me. just dedicate yourself to the game for about 2 weeks and you have atleast a superstar card. it wasnt hard to do before and you had something to work for. noone cares about a dumb ass emblem. theres nothing to play for in 16.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    In World of CHEL
    Breckzy
  12. Lividpenguin342

Lividpenguin342 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 72 / -103
    Make your own builds brought more fun to the game
    Make your own builds without having to play 300 games.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. BenchBoss67

BenchBoss67 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BenchBoss67#2150
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -9
    I do like how you build your player at fifa as was mentioned before. Get certain attributes for different achievements. I would also like to see some ability to possibly change your height and weight. But i di like not having to do the grind to get to a legend card. While it was at points fun trying to get to that point it also became a grind.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    BenchBoss67
  14. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    All of this plus add in the height and weight for a player as well so that way it can affect some of the attributes.

• Like Like x 1
    cross_x_check
  15. ByMercyAndGrace

ByMercyAndGrace Warrior Poet

Ratings:
    +881 / 20 / -58
    I echo a lot of what people are saying about the Fifa system. I love the preset builds but I would really like to have at least some ability to customize my player. Fifa nails that almost perfedtly.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    Bymercyandgrace
  16. King Clement

King Clement Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 2 / -4
    DO NOT give players the ability to create their own builds. Its nice to play a game where its possible to take the puck away from forwards in this game. I agree with @SweeT 9 LoU 84 though, give us more options for each build but DONTTTTTT let people hide behind over powered builds again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    King_clement
  17. CaptainCheese

CaptainCheese LD/RD

Ratings:
    +35 / 4 / -13
    Yeah I like the balanced pre-builds better myself.

Makes for a more even game, then the cookie cutter midget snipers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    CaptainCheese
  18. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Builds from NHL 09-12. And also, bring back the dangler.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    LG_Voracek
  19. Fr33kOnTheStix

Fr33kOnTheStix borkborkbork

Ratings:
    +726 / 8 / -21
    ***Copied from a conversation with someone. This is my idea from the chat box people seemed to enjoy***

Basically, Three(?) variations of each player type in addition to the base class that reflect the disparity in players of of the same player type but who have obviously different playstyles. For example, what other Sniper in the game is as physical as Ovechkin? There isn't one. Then there's snipers like Tavares or Stamkos who aren't physical at all, but Stamkos has better defense than Ovechkin would. Tavares would be a weaker skater, but he's a better passer than Ovechkin and Stamkos. Probably a better example is Kane versus Toews (I think they're both Playmakers? Might be TWF and Sniper instead, Not sure). Nobody has the defensive ability as a PLY that Toews has (or offensive ability as a TWF if he is one), or likely the physicality. As well, no PLY has the shooting ability Kane does (or hands versus other snipers if he is one), as well as the lack of physicality he possesses, except maybe Nathan Gerbe.

I know EA modeled this years EASHL players as 3rd/4th liners (as per Tony), so I'm not saying we all need to play with Ovechkins. But, your EASHL player being modeled as Ovechkin would likely draw people in without needing OP stats (RIP me). The basis behind the idea is that everyone would have almost the same XP amount of attributes, dispersed differently based off the player influence pack you'd use.

In terms of the player style boosts/new boost packs, you would unlock them by either buying them with money or using XP to unlock them, giving both a money making possibility for EA and a progression of some sort aside from the level/ranks.

Would likely need some specification and etc. I would be willing to in-depth it more and make some examples if people think it's a good idea.

#BringBackFullBuildsSoICanBeDecentAgainPls #OrWorstCaseAllowHT/WTAdjustments

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  20. Steve Stefani

Steve Stefani '95 TIL INFINITY

Ratings:
    +409 / 9 / -14
    NHL on the 360 took a lot more individual skill to be good at than '16. That's why some players seemed to have "godlike" builds. People gave way too much credit to the builds on old gen instead of giving credit to the thumb skill of the player. The higher skilled players like the Lan Morans and Fr33ks are extremely good at protecting the puck. Playing those guys on the old games was extremely frustrating. That said it wasn't their builds that made it frustrating, its just how much skill they had over everyone else.

I think most people that had a clue back in the old games knew how to build an effective player. Still though the system could of definitely used some tweaking to balance and improve certain categories. Some attribute categories on the old games had negligible affects. For example, I myself was always unsure of things like Hand-Eye, Offensive Awareness, and even Shot Power/Accuracy.

Honestly I think if the original system was simplified and properly balanced it would be a huge improvement on the series that would give players more options and diversity for styles of play. The current pre-built system is EXTREMELY stale in my opinion. Not to mention I already see the game trending towards favoring PWFs and TWDs.

Any way you put it though, I still think the gameplay needs MAJOR tweaking for talk about builds to be of any importance.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account