Does anyone besides me....

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by slow elk, Sep 27, 2007.

1. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone besides myself think Halo 3 isn't really worth all of the hype? I've been let down by the online portion and the campaign seems kind of bland. I'm gonna try to finish the campaign, try being the key word. The lack of a cover system really blows too. Although GOW has some serious flaws, I'd still rather be playing it. All in all I wish I hadn't purchased Halo 3......I wish more people would've played Lost Planet.

No Streaming Account
  2. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ya i hear ya. Its just a social game i think.

The bubble shield was a flop. Finda lame if someone can come in and kill you. And GoW killed shooters with there great cover system.

No Streaming Account
  3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think Halo is helped and hurt by its hype. Helped obviously in sales and it makes the game more enjoyable when so many play it. Easy to find friends to game with etc. The hype also hurts it because it can never really live up to expectations.

I think the game is a bit overrated, but its still a great made game and fun to play. I do enjoy cover systems and more realistic games where one dies quicker ala Gears of War or R6.

They also gotta balance new stuff and not getting too far from gameplay to anger or disappoint the fanboys who like it how it is.

No Streaming Account
  4. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The serious lack of gore is a killer for me too. Wait till "Left 4 dead" comes out...

No Streaming Account
  5. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that upsets me about Halo 3's campaign is the weak sound quality. The music is great, but the sound sounds so low in volume on both my TV and my surround sound system that its quite upsetting, especially with all the action on screen. Other than that I found the campaign to be quite good, but Halo 1 still had a better campaign mode (since the game was focued on single player rather than MP like in 2 & 3). I beat the campaign in about 7 hours.

No Streaming Account
  6. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just finished it and I do agree that during the middle of it I lost a little interest. But now after finishing it, I thought it was pretty decent. As Jmustang said with so much hype its impossible to live up to expectations.

No Streaming Account
  7. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    2 words...
    "Rock band"

I agree that things are getting over hyped, but what ticks me is that all these games that we get hyped for like halo or the latest sports game is that your really not seeing anything new, just different things with the same type of game you've always played.

This is why i am really looking forward to rock band as playing songs with 4 people is completely new to me, as is playing the drums and singing at the top of my lungs to "girls just wanna have fun" lol (thats for you jcon)

8. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And don't forget "Its raining men" like you said, or "I Will Survive".

No Streaming Account
  9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The cake version of I Will Survive ;o)

No Streaming Account
  10. JDenton

JDenton - Rubbins Racin' -

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You nailed it on the head. I mean could you imagine if this game came out without anyone knowing anything about it? We'd be praising it. I like Gears of War, but online it just doesn't compare to Halo 3. The consistency online with bullet lag and the simple ability to play ranked games with friends over and over again without having to quit, setup rooms, join rooms, search for rooms, etc. If some of these games would simply master the matchmaking system that Halo has implemented it would greatly change my opinion of them.

No Streaming Account
  11. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting rid of it and hoping COD4 has something to impress me.

No Streaming Account
  12. JOKhan

JOKhan Go Sabres Go

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the reasons stated here I'm not getting H3. The series never appealed to me. Jumping and sniping people in the head? Atleast GoW required some realistic aim. This game is just a joke to me.

No Streaming Account
  13. JDenton

JDenton - Rubbins Racin' -

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually GoW doesn't require any sort of realistic aim considering the online shooting is a crap shoot every match.

No Streaming Account
  14. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    woohoo they gave me $44 for it!

No Streaming Account
  15. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think with the fact that Halo 2 was still at high popularity when they were releasing Halo 3 it was a smart decision not to sway too far from the successful formula. They are trying to please their die hard fans who probably wouldn't have welcomed a radical change the gameplay system. That's all I can say for now since I was only able to scratch the surface of the game before my 360 died.

No Streaming Account
  16. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well a buddy of mine and I finished it in a day. I loved it, though the campaign is painfully short.

No Streaming Account
  17. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    with all of this being said, here is a friend who I work with. This is how they embraced the release of Halo.

www.haloshop.net

No Streaming Account
  18. BxGngsta

BxGngsta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think this is one of those games that if you didn't like the previous versions, you won't like this one either. I don't even try to compare it to GOW, because it's not fair in my mind. The online matchmaking features are better than GOW and I really like the fact that you can do campaign mode with up to 16 players. I was doing one last night with 3 guys and we had a blast. Yes , they don't have a whiole new system in place, but to me it's still effective. I just hate when the cheesers and hackers realize how to mess with the system.

No Streaming Account