Do wraparounds have a place in LG?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by NKG HD, May 21, 2013.

?

Should the wraparound rule be taken out?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    As it stands right now, LG is a simulation league, while at the same time being a gentleman's league. To me, this means that anything done in real life can be done in the game, so long as it isn't overly cheesy.

Current rules state that animation wraparounds are illegal. Before you vote, allow me to offer pros and cons to wraparounds in general:

Pros:

- It actually happens in real life

- It forces d-men to protect the vulnerable sides of the net

- It encourages goalies to hug their post, in an age where anti-hugging GLGs run rampant.

- Adds a new scoring option to go alongside claps, walking in, and shots from the slot

Cons:

- The animation can be manipulated to be too quick

- Disallowing wraps encourages GLG mindset

- it is difficult for the d-man to stop the wrap if he is out of optimal position (l2position)

No Streaming Account
  2. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    Pros:

- It actually happens in real life

tino45
  3. Soccerjrc26

Soccerjrc26 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Wraps shouldn't be welcome in LG. I understand it happens in real life, and if the defense are top defenseman they will know how to stop it. It's just too glitchy, and it always has been. As a goalie, I have stopped wraps. I also have been frozen or glitched on random occasions. Unless EA can figure out a way to fix the overall problem, I don't want to see wraps.

This goal line goalie crap is getting old as well. There is a big difference between a GLG and butterfly goalie, but the fact is so many people believe Butterfly is automatic goal line. Goal lining is banned anyways so that can't even be a pro. If you guys also notice, sometimes hugging posts and moving from side to side can be glitchy as well. It isn't 100 percent of the time, but it can change a game. If you want wrap around's go back to where you guys all came from.

No Streaming Account
  4. pass2tyler

pass2tyler pass2tyler

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    sure its hard for the D to stop it if they aren't in an optimal position. its hard for goalies too.
    forwards can hop back and forth behind the net while a goalie scrambles and eventually do the quick animation, but whats the point in including that? not to mention if the wrap is done a certain way it can be jammed past a goalie hugging the post. not fun.

No Streaming Account
  5. A Slanted Neck

A Slanted Neck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    i wouldn't mind the rule being changed as long as people aren't trying it everytime they get the puck and aren't messing around behind the net and being cheasy about it

No Streaming Account
  6. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    A GLG is someone who stays on his goalline, it's pretty simple. And telling new league talent to go back to where they came from is very counter-productive.

No Streaming Account
  7. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    I wouldn't mind wrap arounds if there is a rule that players can't go back and fourth multiple times behind the net.

No Streaming Account
  8. HansonX91

HansonX91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -3
    No wrap around has ever gone through a goalie.....

aimbothanson
  9. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Con:
    - The bubble around the net that warps D doe NOT happen in real life :)
    - players will abuse D getting caught by going back and forth until one gets sucked out of position.

Pros:
    - I prefer playing with no rules and just letting skill dictate everything....unfortunately leagues aren't designed that way and this is not club

10. MLGesusl92l

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Sort of like what happens in real life. lol

No Streaming Account
  11. bud2790

bud2790 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -4
    I'm a d-man and I'd like to see wraps allowed. I haven't really played much 6's recently other than league games, but I've seen the leg kick wrap a few times. I don't know if it makes the animation faster, but if it does I would obviously be against those, but I'm all for the normal wraps.

I don't know when this rule was put in, but I would guess it's from back in the days when wraps and goalie animations were glitchy as hell. The animations have been improved greatly and good d-men/goalies will stop the play/make the save like 98% of the time.

''it is difficult for the d-man to stop the wrap if he is out of optimal position'' should not be a con. It's part of the defensemen's job to stop the wraps.

No Streaming Account
  12. tansauce1981

tansauce1981 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I voted yes. As a d-man it gets kinda boring knowing that the forward dosen't have that option

No Streaming Account
  13. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Not really but I dont have time to discuss things in detail and you're entitled to your opinion.

14. MLGesusl92l

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Not sure how much hockey you seen in real life then because defense get sucked out of position all the time. lol

No Streaming Account
  15. Soccerjrc26

Soccerjrc26 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm just saying, you come over here and want LG to be VHL. There is a reason some people don't play in VHL and play just here. There are reasons people play in smaller leagues, there are reasons people create their own leagues. All you have done in specific since you arrived here is cry about change, and rant like a goofball on your last radio show. The league is running fine ever since getting brought back to life. Last season wasn't bad and aside from lack of dedication from players, this season is just as fine. If VHL and LG wanted to be the same league they would merge, not be two different leagues. You guys are over thinking things and wanting to do it your own way. Obviously Ozzy is the guy in charge not you. You say you help the league with radio shows which cover nothing aside from problems you have with the league. That isn't a way to help bring productive change to the league. On topic though, wraps shouldn't be allowed just because the glitches it can cause. In real life you don't even see wraps go in a lot. They do create those good chances, but the fact is there will always be a difference between video games and real life. Video Games will never be 100 percent accurate.

No Streaming Account
  16. bud2790

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -4
    Make a rule against going back and forth if you want, but I think a normal wrap should be allowed, it keeps the defense and goalie honest. Right now, I just sit in front of my goalie because I know the forwards only option for an immediate scoring chance when coming from behind the net is to force a pass to the front of the net.

No Streaming Account
  17. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I only watch hockey, I only play hockey. I've been watching hockey longer than you've been alive.

I player wouldn't even try a wrap if there is a D on each post. Most of the times its a quick motion or if its a 1 on 1 (1 D guarding the front of the net) and the player tries a quick move back and forth to get the G and the D going the wrong way. That's NOT a bubble that warps you even if you are holding the opposite direction on the D-pad.

18. atomicstorm13

atomicstorm13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    False, i've had a few gone THROUGH my pad. I've also had them go inside the side of the net. In a NHL game that wasn't as glitchy as this one, I would be all for it. But, EA sports wrote the game... so...

maybe some day my goalie will stop doing teacup circles in the net behind the line when pressing RT.

I find it amusing that so many people say VHL sucks.. it's garbage... blah blah blah.. then turn around and try, whether directly or indirectly, to make LG like VHL and any other league that it isn't and shouldn't be.

No Streaming Account
  19. bud2790

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -4
    I'm aware there is a bubble around the net, but it has never prevented me from stopping a wrap attempt..

No Streaming Account
  20. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    We've discussed this but if the rule isn't black and white (yes or no) it because a complaint fest for the league. So many arguments and how people look at what really happens in the game.

As for a fwds only option, thats incorrect. What about the normal cycle? What about up the boards to the D who can then shoot or go D to D? There are a lot of options ans I see a lot of teams do it well this season.