Casual FIFA player question

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by JFLuyken, Sep 7, 2015.

1. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    I describe myself as a casual Fifa player. I generally buy the game every other year and just play offline. My question is, would I enjoy jumping into the league and would my casual approach to the game be too much of a deterrent to the players in the league?

what time are the games? How many players are on the pitch during a game?

Thanks for for any help you all can provide.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217

Personally, 11 v 11 is the best way to play FIFA. This league's minimum is 8 players per game but most teams field 11 every game. It's definitely a different approach, but it's a fun experience. I've played about 10 seasons of FIFA leagues (8 as an owner) and I think this is the best game for any sport leagues. Game times are normally Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed at 9:00 and 9:30. Due to the Labor Day weekend, game times are different.

Any more questions, just quote me and I'll try and answer them the best to my ability. Welcome and hope you enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
    Lokix6x
  3. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    Short answers to your questions:
    - 8 are required minimum including 1 any and 1 gk (any cannot be GK), but usually we have a full 11
    - times: 9pm and 9:30 pm EST, Sunday to Wednesday
    - would you enjoy it? Yes. It is typically more fun and more challenging. You will get to know alot more players...and you may even find yourself becoming one of us so to speak.....someone who buys the game every release.

long answer:
    JFLuyken --

There has been alot of attention and members being vocal regarding wanting more game-time if they are not on the main starting roster. During the off season we make decisions to try to maximize growth and expansion as well as to make the league more "fun" and "desirable".

Training Camp players (extra players not on the main roster) are intended to be there to compliment teams should a player unexpectedly be unavailable. They are also there as possible replacements for roster players in case they perform better. As a roster player you are entitled to 3 - 4 games (50% of total games) per week. As a Training Camp player you are entitled to 3 games per week maximum. It is important to note that you are essentially a 'backup' and not guaranteed those games...nor any particular position.

The greater question you should be asking is if you are "good enough" to play on a team or in this league. We welcome anyone who wants to come play regardless of skill level. Many times people do end up on Training Camp and get to know members of the community and play "friendly" club games with them to improve their skill and because it's more fun or challenging.

We provide a virtual MLS simulation league environment. Due to the requests being made of TC players, and the need to grow/expand, we are currently exploring new creative options to enhance the experience. Many times our options are restricted based on what functionality we can add to the site or league. But please keep checking for updates (like details on LG version 5) to help make your choice to sign up or not.

If you want to talk further...please send me an LG pm, private chat message or XBL message and we'll find a time to discuss.

Bp

• Like Like x 1
    Bottomless_Pit
  4. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    Thanks [MENTION=7667]Brisan66[/MENTION] and @BottomlessPit for the info. You are right Bp and that is what I should have asked, "Am I good enough to make a team?" The answer to that is most likely no. I've never played a game with 11 v 11 and that kind of blows my mind to think that many folks on a pitch playing their position properly. I've dropped into games on a couple of occasions and it was not a very team oriented game. Just a bunch of folks using skill moves and their far superior sprint speed while I positioned myself in wide open locations with my thumb up my ass.

In the end I don't want to compete with my desire to play hockey but I also figured it would be nice to find out if I am good enough to play the game with and as a team.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    JFLuyken,

not sure if you're referring to having played Drop-Ins or clubs with some of our guys. If drop-ins...or even club games with "randoms" is your comparison....11 v 11 in LGFA is a whole new ball game - literally. It is 11x more fun when you have a complete squad on the pitch each knowing and playing their position. Just like in real life....a squad that plays as a unit will always beat a squad of guys with some chemistry and playing "amateur" football. Not only that, but we aim for the over all experience including "in game communication" (ie. the club experience) in LGFA to be much more welcoming than that of drop-ins....a more competitive, but decent / sportsmanlike experience.

Regardless, we are growing, which means that some of that growth comes with less experienced or less skilled players. We encourage newcomers or less skilled players to get more involved with our members and develop "Your Virtual Career" as our new logo suggests.

The bottom line - we want players that want to come back regularly with some consistency - to come play with us. We want you to have fun...and want you to learn, improve, ...and want to come back for more to do it all over again next week.

I hope...that means we'll see you around with some frequency.

Bp

Bottomless_Pit