Can someone explain the purpose of this rule?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by MadeOfTwoFaces, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    2/3 of every TC roster in the AHL is prospect players, AND prospect players are also the MOST active players on any teams training camp GUARAN-FUCKING-TEED simply because they're new and they want to play and experience this league where as RVs don't care about being ECUd, it's not their team that's playing (have had this case multiple times in all my seasons of management) so why on earth is THIS:

As per Article Three, Section 3.4.6, Prospect players are INELIGIBLE for IR and ECU during the playoffs.

a fucking rule in playoffs? This rule should be re-written as "hey you know that one guy that has been real reliable and is new to the league and shows up whenever you call his name and you're in a pickle? Yeah he's a P cant use him hopefully one of your 5 RV's happen to be online and in a nice mood."

Now if it was just this rule that I found utterly fucking ~*~* I'd simmer down and say whatever, but it seems every season I find a new useless as tits on a nun rule that makes absolutely zero sense, or a rule that held shit together (FOR EXAMPLE THE YOU CAN'T CLAIM A GUY THEN WAIVE HIM WITHOUT HIM PLAYING RULE THAT CAUSED THE AHL TO BE A FUCKING SHIT SHOW WITH WAIVERS THIS SEASON) got removed for literally no reason.

If we're aiming to make prospects useless, congratulations you've now COMPLETELY succeeded in that regard, hats off to whoever thought this rule or approach to P's was a good idea. Kinda hard for new names to show up and move up if they can't play for the AHL management (which has very few changes season to season might I add, so there's that too.)

The only thing VHL will always have on this site no matter how dead it is now that will never change is the rules. VHL kept it simple, now you're just getting WAY to fucking complex about shit and nit-picking and writing rules that don't even need to be thought about. We're here to have fucking fun, stop taking out the good shit and throwing in unnecessary shit that takes it away.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 12
    iMackie21
  2. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    And you can try and delete or lock this, I'll copy paste this bitch as much as I need to to get the damn point across. When your staff doesn't even know that rule is a rule, you have a fucking problem.

[03:56 AM] MadeOfTwoFaces : I can see it now "1 game suspension if your team scores more than 6 goals if the other team has a prospect being ECU'd, discourages them from playing."

New rule for next season, there saved you guys time from having to think up another ~*~* rule to throw in the book.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  3. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    Holy batman.

So who has my ointment?

• Like Like x 1
    Viktomize94
  4. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    It may be to stop random late sign ups being such an impact in playoffs. Also second tags.

No Streaming Account
  5. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    The ONLY way that this can ever apply to second tags is if A) someone doesn't show up anyways and an ECU has to be used, and god knows the odds of one of those five guys whos team has already been knocked out are probably not going to be online or willing to play or B) someone voluntarily gives up their game for that person, in which case they would be just as likely to share their account anyways so this rule stops fuck all.

If anything, the rule sets up Texas 2.0 to happen. If a guy cant make it to 1 out of the first 4 and he's open to it, get him to account share with someone. There's only so much you can prove with a mic-check.

iMackie21
  6. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Actually, the more I think about, it has to be to stop second tags. The AHL has nothing but a bad history with second tags from prospect players in playoffs. Texas Stars S17 left a bad taste in the leagues mouth. So this rule is pretty justified. Then again, it does blow

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  7. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Read the 2nd part of my post i editted in. This just sets it up if someone has bad availability, and someone isn't going to give up a game every round to a 2nd tag, and if they do its extremely fucking noticeable. You don't think that if a team say, ECU'd Dingo Jones for MadeOfTwoFaces every round that nobody would notice?

Teams training camps are literally ALL prospects. for every 4-5 prospects, there is one RV. I want someone, preferably whoever wrote this dumb rule, to come explain why prospects are even placed on AHL teams anymore.

For safe measure to get a swift response, someone tag all the staff I can't be bothered to look them all up to let them know how stupid they are (except you tiddus, luv u [unless you had something to do with this rule being made you fuck])

iMackie21
  8. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] [MENTION=7097]MCDONALD l19l[/MENTION] [MENTION=6519]drew13btv[/MENTION] [MENTION=7669]xX Z3NO Xx[/MENTION] [MENTION=7785]Tiddus[/MENTION]

LG_Voracek
  9. JJr

JJr Good Day

Discord:
    JJR-#3526
    Ratings:
    +959 / 127 / -178
    Nice to see you guys get fucked out of a win after fucking the marlies out of a win because the guy didn't have a temporary replace arrow next to his name .

jjfinesse98
  10. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    1. Regular season game
    2. The guy was claimed off waivers, not called up.
    3. That was Hartford.

Bless you.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  11. JJr

JJr Good Day

Discord:
    JJR-#3526
    Ratings:
    +959 / 127 / -178
    he had 4 prospect goalies who blew ass he needed someone . same situation 1 team loses and finds a dumb reason to overturn it .

jjfinesse98
  12. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    P's not being able to be IR'd in the regular season is also a stupid fucking rules, it's 3 games. Whoever made all these prospect rules clearly wasn't thinking too much.

im not upset Norfolk reported it, I would have, more than anything in rattled the series is basically over because the staff keeps adding ~*~* rules and changing things that don't need to be changed because someone they caught and banned hurt their feelings and boning teams because they didn't get the right position randomly assigned, it's fucking stupid and clearly we need a different person or group to decide on the rules.

iMackie21
  13. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74

Shots Fired!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Sebby6138
  14. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    I see what you did there.

• Like Like x 2
    Riemersma11
  15. CH0SEN1 x

CH0SEN1 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 5 / -12
    I agree, the rule is dumb as shit, but it is what it is. Hell, Springfield used 2 prospects last series against but you didn't see us crying about it.

No Streaming Account
  16. CH0SEN1 x

Ratings:
    +412 / 5 / -12
    [MENTION=10264]Cronksy[/MENTION] please play Game 6 so I can play against you. I beg you!

No Streaming Account
  17. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    I'll gladly give you an answer as to where this rule come from and the logic behind it all. First off this isn't a VHL rule since this was something added last season and has been discussed at length by the AHL GMs as well as the Owners who voted on the rule in the first place. Each season when the constitution is revised, the articles are voted on and then placed into action.

That rule has been in the constitution since day one of this season, I even ensured that a reminder was placed into the playoff rules as well, so there was NO confusion what so ever when it came time for games to be played. I also posted the exact playoff rules to the AHL managers a week prior to the playoffs even starting for review. This rule did come up, I believe it was sebby who mentioned it may become an issue therefore I explained then the reason behind it being in the rules.

In my eyes, this rule didn't lead to your game being overturn. Your management team knew it was in the rules during the last week of the season and either failed to review the playoff rules, or made an assumption which lead to a mistake that resulted in a game being over turn. I did my part, I made it public, I put it up for review, and explained the reasoning behind the rule. Mistakes happen and it is unfortunate, but at the end of the day the blame for this doesn't fall on the shoulders of staff no matter how hard you try and make it appear that way.

The rule was put into place for a few reasons, the main one of course is a result of second tags. Your explainations describes tag recovery, not second tags. Tag recovery is an entirely different animal Tris and I hope to tackle come next gen with the LG xbox app but currently it is a different beast. The texas issues, were that they were sharing accounts, that occurred once or twice while IR ghost was away, and during game 7 in the playoffs. The bigger issue that this protects against is second accounts signing up then becoming a hidden gem in the training camp. This occurred with ScottGomez23 as well a several other accounts. Hopkins abused this system as well when he ended up on WBS in S18. How the system works, is when a new member signs up for LG, they are assigned to a CHL team. Free Agent Friday then assigns all those new player's AHL rights. That then spreads the prospects around the entire AHL.

Let's say my second tag ends up on Hartford, and I am the GM of Iowa. Well not all I need to do is make him an offer and have my second account on my training camp come playoffs.

In a seven game series, a second tag has proven to be the series difference. Being able to IR for three games... that would end a series very quickly, and just even being eligible to ECU one game per series has shown to be more than enough to tilt the table. 99% of all second tags that attempt to sneak into the League are prospects do to the fact they have no league experience. Therefore the idea to restrict prospects came up.

This idea has been suggested for seasons now from AHL managers. It was brought up and fought heavily by KbSmith as well as other, until it finally made its way into the rules we have now.

I can completely respect and understand the frustration when you play a game, win then it is over turned due to a complication. That understandable, but something you need to understand which you probably wont until you are calm down, is the fact that the rule was public the entire season. The rule was voted on prior to the season. Finally the playoff rules were reviewed by the AHL Managers 7 days in advance prior to the playoffs even starting. There is literally no excuse for this issue to even result in a game being overturn because it was so well communicated what would happen if a prospect was used that a prospect should never have been used.

I respect your managers, they have experience and have done an excellent job all season long. They simply made a mistake and the type of mistake made resulted in the most undesirable outcome. Naturally that mistake wont be recognized by the team, instead the rule in general will be attacked for being "stupid" in the first place. That just turns this entire public thread into "The rule was stupid and shouldn't have been a rule" vs "If the rule was followed, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place"

That is the explanation and the reality of this entire situation. It does suck it has come to this point and I truly hope it doesn't play a negative role in your series.

• Like Like x 18
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    ​That isn't even a rule....

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  19. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31

Maverik19
  20. CH0SEN1 x

Ratings:
    +412 / 5 / -12
    Bad part is that we had a vet player in the party and he refused to play. [MENTION=8722]xBigStickNick[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.