Bertuzzi is a P.O.S.

Discussion in '2K NHL Hockey' started by AK420, Mar 9, 2004.

1. DrunkenTiger

DrunkenTiger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nothing against you XTREME, just I'm really sick of hearing that comment (people seem to use the role-model attack in almost every situation wether it's hockey, music, politics, etc etc).

Whenever anyone gets any status in life it's like they automatically have to be a family man...I don't buy that.

I really wish people would leave the whole "role-model" crud out of debates.

I mean if he had been a kids coach or personal trainer THEN that issue would make some sense but as it is, it is completely irrelevant. He's just a hockey player like all the other hundreds of players. And he's only human.

Emotions get the better of everyone. You can't blame someone for losing control, it happens to all of us. It's just unfortunate that it happened to him then.

You gotta cut human beings a little slack, we all do stupid cheap things.

No Streaming Account
  2. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, Bertuzzi is an asshole. No more proof need after Monday...and Forsberg? He's a little girl, he gets checked or hooked and it's all about poor little me. Plus hes kinda dirty, I respect him but I dont care for him and it came from the playoff series, yes. I could care less how good they are.

Nah, he didn't lose control. This was a pre-mediated attack.

No Streaming Account
  3. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, he had his mind made that he was gonna go after him long before the game began I'm sure.

Gajeske85
  4. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks pops!!!!

but i think no one answered my last question, what team will not try to "make it even" if their star player got hit????

ive seen the clip, and yeah i dont agree the way bert hit moore, that is AFTER IVE SEEN IT!!! but put your shoes in bert and being agressive and emotional player he is, likewise, the way their relationship goes w/ nassy, like a brother, you cant blame him for doing that. but of course we will not condone what he did. maybe his intention was to make a BIG HIT but not to injure or break someones neck or end up one's career. at least give him some benefit of the doubt, coz you're not bert, we're just a mere spectator.

peace!!!

No Streaming Account
  5. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Why hate Forsberg...what did he do to the Wild? I thought last years playoff series between the Avs and Wild was great (except the outcome).

I will agree with one statement about Forsy...he spends a lot of time injured. Ever since that playoff game against the Kinds when he ruptured his spleen. The guy is tough, but some of his injuries are questionable.

No Streaming Account
  6. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here are my thoughts. Bertuzzi's always been a cheap shot player. He has the size but never uses it the right way. The only time he gets physical with someone is when their back is turned. Usually this is behind the net. It's a shame that this wouldn't even be that big of a deal if Moore's neck hadn't been fractured. I didn't see the hit by Bertuzzi but read about it in another forum, having not even witnessed it I knew it was going to be a cheap shot on his part as usual. My thoughts were proven after seeing the video.

As for his press conference. That was bogus. He was wiping away tears that weren't even there. Is he sorry for how bad he hurt Moore? I think so, at least I hope so. But if you want to take revenge on someone, you square up and do it like a man. I mean it's pretty bad when even Brendan Shanahan can be quoted saying how wrong it was. That's when you know it was a horrible act.

Anyway, I think he got what he deserved and I still hate him all the same as I did before. I have never liked him and I never will.

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  8. Junk69

Junk69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    This crap is why Canadians sometimes have issues with Americans. This guy needs a kick in the A$$ if he thinks this is more a Canadian issue then it is an NHL issue. This is about hockey not about the nationality of the athletes in question. Is it worse that SOME Canadians have committed what could be seen as criminal acts within the confines of "their" sport then to have(as football, baseball and basketball all have) players who save their criminality for the streets? If this is strictly a Canadian thing then is having athletes who murder, rape, assault, traffic in drugs etc... strictly an American thing?

This is one of the most ludicrous articles I have ever read. This writer is judging a country for the acts of a few idiots.

All I have to say is - Hey Jim Kelly.....STFU!

Jon, "interesting" though this article may be, it is also short-sighted, hypocritical and completely offensive as a Canadian and a hockey fan.

No Streaming Account
  9. Gurps66

Gurps66 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm sorry buddy but ur an IDIOT.

No Streaming Account
  10. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I should start off by saying that I don't do the flaming/name calling in forums because I don't see the point. I stated my opinion and that makes me an IDIOT. Well, to each their own. All I was saying is I saw what I saw, it was a horrible acting job and that's my "idiotic" opinion. I'm not saying he doesn't feel bad about it at all. Even if you want to send a message to someone, you definitely don't want it to be that serious. I just feel his conference was more of a "staged" thing for the public than for anything else.

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought it might get a rise out of some of you. :wink:

I'm sure this guys "mail bag" link at the bottom of the article will get filled pretty soon

No Streaming Account
  12. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I couldn't even read all of it because it was so absurd. My thoughts are sometimes these "writers" put out things in hopes of stirring up controversy.

No Streaming Account
  13. pop0331

pop0331 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    much better article than that crap...

Now, I normaly don't like or know it's pure BS coming from a Larry Brooks comment, but this statement really sums up the past few days!!!

"WOULD all those columnists who only devote their time and space to hockey when it's convenient for them to perpetuate hysterical stereotypical myths about the game please return to their customary assignment of glorifying a civil sport like professional football? Thank you very much. "

**Larry Brooks

full article here...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/20529.htm

No Streaming Account
  14. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That article was much better. I hate American Media.

No Streaming Account
  15. pop0331

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I swear I am so sick of seeing the friggin clip!!!

No Streaming Account
  16. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. The news channels out here keep playing it like it is "breaking news". Fucking Morons.

No Streaming Account
  17. pop0331

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was in a bar for happy hour earlier, was there for about an hour, swear I saw it like 15 times!!!

No Streaming Account
  18. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey pop. What is your sig gonna be for season 5? :D

No Streaming Account
  19. pop0331

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't know, probably just the Dev's avatar. Unless I can get someone to make me one!

No Streaming Account
  20. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey pop, I was reading this forum and saw that you may ask someone to make you an avatar. Well, I'm trying to learn how to make some cool ones and have only made a few so far. I whipped one up for you that is ok, but don't know if you'll like it. If your interested, I'll post it in the Pixel pusher lounge in the Avatar request thread. Mind you, I'm not the best at this and there are several others that can probably make you a really cool looking one, but if you want to look at mine feel free. My feelings will not be hurt should you decide not to use it. I do this for fun and to try and learn things.

No Streaming Account