Bad Owners, Overdue Games, and what to do about it

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by The Original MP, Dec 8, 2003.

1. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bad Owners, Overdue

Ok obviously there is a problem with some of the owners. Finding replacements at this point is kind of tough and someone mentioned the idea of simming the games in single player and entering in those stats. I will look into this and talk it over with some people. After some thinking I will get back to you guys on what we are going to do about dead beats. As for now however just ignore the following :korl: , :khou: , :kmia: .

No Streaming Account
  2. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree that Miami has to go, I mean 4 games played??? But yes, its true about being hard to find new owners I guess, so just try your hardest. As for my overdue games for week 4, I am trying to get them done on Friday, as the trip to Palm Springs just screwed up my timing lol. Sorry guys.

No Streaming Account
  3. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i thought the rockets owner was still playing his games?....o well. If you decide to simulate the games, give the active owner the win.

No Streaming Account
  4. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah I agree there with WilloMan, makes more sense. EDIT: And i think it is only fair.

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im sorry i didnt make that real clear...i thought you guys would have just assumed that you would get the win..

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well anybody wants a win, but the more active person deserves it more.

No Streaming Account
  7. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK I dont want a free be win and personally this is my least favorite league. One I am not a big fan of the game, second it is hard as hell finding someone to play a lot of the time, and third the games take forever and I just cant wait for them to be over. I think we should just do what the baseball league did, shutdown and revamp.

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nah, this apples/oranges compared to the Inside Pitch league. Too much work was involved to put the NBA league and scoreboard together, unlike the IP league (which really didn't have much of a scoreboard, or a league, schedule, etc).

It's just a few bad owners that are slowing us down, we'll find replacements.

No Streaming Account
  9. PutoFace

PutoFace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i know Im a few games behind but fuck man, the Grizzliez guy blows me off everytime. I never see Lakers guy on AIM and the Celtics guy is always away and idle...

What the fuck else do I have to work with

No Streaming Account
  10. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well yeh it kinda is, I mean you guys shutdown due to the game sucking. But this game isnt much better IMO, I joined cuz I thought it was gonna be fun but now I am just really playing cuz I have to so I can be in other leagues. And it isnt just becuz I am the Jazz so dont even try throwing that back at me.

No Streaming Account
  11. skornzbolt23

skornzbolt23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think the game is pieced together very well. the main problem is people quitting and people delaying games. i admit, I am usually a game or two behind in a week schedule, but this quitting shit is just ridiculous. if i had the money i'd try and join more leagues here because some of the competition is actually good, and the scoreboards are phenomenal. well anyways, despite all of that, golden hopefully you will get a team next season that is half good, trust me the games perspective changes once you can actually get players who know how to use what the game has to offer.

No Streaming Account
  12. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know, but I doubt I will be joining up for season two, as Home Depot has been a huge b*tch to me about hours. So I am just gonna stay with my two favorite leagues here NFL and NHL. I am sorry as I guess it is a little venting of having the Jazz, but this has to be by far the worst league and beginning league, in the aspect of owners who cant stick with it. So I guess that adds to my frustration, as it seems only a few are really active in it.

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.leaguegaming.com/mlb/

There were only 8 teams in the league, and only a handful of the owners actually played their game. There wasn't really a huge scoreboard and individual player stat tracking built for the league, it was basically just standings and boxscores. The consensus about Inside Pitch was that the game was just horrible and not up to the standards we would like to see for a sim-sports game @ Leaguegaming, so it was dumped. ESPN NBA is certainly a much better game. Sure it has it's flaws like they all do, but I wouldn't say that it sucks.

Anyway, comparing the Inside Pitch league to the NBA league isn't even close to being the same thing. The NBA league has a full 29 teams and fully featured scoreboard and database with individual player stat tracking. We won't be dumping that.

No Streaming Account
  14. striker3771

striker3771 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Jon. A lot of work was put in by tris and the commish of all leagues to make this the best gaming site on the net. I remember when I first joined back in June when we only had NHL and some racing game. LOL !!! Sorry I dont know the name of the game. This community has grown alot since the time Ive been here and there are so many different leagues that you can join here. The veterans have been great and the competition here is awesome. Win or lose you shouldnt feel cheated. Thats how stiff the competition is around here.

Back to the NBA league. I think its a good idea to sim those games that havent been played because of the lack of interest of some teams. Its only fair to the committed owners and to keep their team stats updated as a full season. Its the only way to we can vote at the end of the season what players get what awards. Not fair if some teams have all their games and stats in, and some other teams dont because of the losers that want to quit. What Im frustrated about is that I had all my games played by the due date or before. But the past 2 weeks, since Thanksgiving, we have died down. Im sure others are frustrated also, they're falling behind because of all the quitting. The one thing I want to tell those committed owners is to stick around. All great owners will be supportive in good times and bad times.

No Streaming Account
  15. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We have some good owners from other leagues here in the waiting pool for NBA:

Gurps, goalie, Denman, etc

hook 'em up, you know they'll be dedicated!

No Streaming Account
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we shouldent let 4 teams bring us down...seriously if u wanna get ppl to join u have to go on the ign boards and the xbox boards and wherever you can and post about this league...if u post in the xbox forums u will get loads of ppl to join here and we will have a waiting list of 50!...so i think the commish or commisioners should get together and start posting in other forums if u want this league to grow and become more active...for now drop the teams that r quitting or wtvr and replace them with whoever is on the waiting list...

17. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we do not want to draw loads of people to be on a waiting list. We just want the leagues to be full of dedicated individuals. We all know how immature most people are on the Xbox forums so those are not the kind of people we really care to have in the league. NHL is very solid from going this way, NFL is on its way to be solid, the new leagues will have some growing pains getting the right individuals together in the league but it will get there.

No Streaming Account
  18. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Denman beat me to it.

The LAST thing we want is our members spamming other forums for members, especially the Xbox.com ones. Most of the people here came from word of mouth, and that's the way we'd prefer to keep it.

We have enough good owners to take over for deadbeat owners, MP just needs to get it done.

No Streaming Account
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Ill play two teams :)

Gimmie the riockets as well. :laugh:

20. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

umm no i need update that waiting list...gurps and goalie said they might be interested a long time ago...i need to take them off so basically what im left with is denman...

No Streaming Account