Availability and Lines Deadline: Possible change to 10am the day of scheduled game

Discussion in 'LGFA - Players Association' started by Bottomless Pit, Jul 8, 2015.

?

What is your preferred deadline for Availability and Stats Deadline?

Poll closed Jul 25, 2015.
  1. No deadline - only changes up until actual game time? (does not benefit players)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 24 hours before game time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10 am the day of scheduled game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sunday at 5:30 pm EST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    I want to get a feel from players and management about what you all prefer for the lines deadline. Regardless of deadline, management can still make last minute changes (only the 1/2 hour prior to game time) ONLY for players who post in the weekly team thread of unavailability prior to the deadline.

The reason for the restriction on management is so that if ECUs (ie. TC players) signup and are given a spot, it is not fair to remove them after you have given it to them. This will not motivate them to be active.

Regular roster players are entitled to 50% games minimum. If they are unsure about making a game, they should post their availability for it if they think it is likely they will make it, but regardless they should also post in the thread so that there is a record of it - if they are uncertain. (all players and management need to work together)

This will serve as proof to both players and management. Any complaints will need to be submitted via the Action Center with a link to a screenshot of the thread.

Owners\Gms\AGMs - please have your pre-bidding roster players (and yoruselves) vote on this poll.

Philadelphia Union - Owner: @Brisan66, GM: @lBrAwLeRl, AGM: @Grk n1ck1023
    Montreal Impact - Owner: @Scott Swag City, GM: @jiggyfry, AGM: @castJAY
    New York Red Bulls - Owner: @PsychSmokeBBQ , GM: @cpottz, AGM: Unannounced
    Columbus Crew - Owner: @Matt in Prime, GM: @abPPLcd, AGM: @in8ability2212

West

Houston Dynamo - Owner: @MILOSx86, GM: @TheePastorDave, AGM: @xl bearjuden lx
    Seattle Sounders FC - Owner: @Stronghand36, GM: @The Worthy 1, AGM: @barrack87
    Sporting Kansas City - Owner: @amT Vendifire, GM: Unannounced, AGM: Unannounced
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC (randomly selected) - Owner: @STRICTLY ZLATAN, GM: @h4tty, AGM: @Romero l 4 l

Potential Owners:
    @Stepehen12346, GM: @j3x fear, AGM: [MENTION=15082]Avid Notes[/MENTION] - [MENTION=12840]ENGchap77[/MENTION] \ @Python x 77 [MENTION=9243]ItsZachHere[/MENTION]

Players (184):

@TINO45REAPER @XxSmarTz @Suter x 20 @Kathryn Tappen @Kryss85 @Some fat gezer @lL A lK lE @x Oshie 74 x @lx MAXWELL xl @ImJeff @F5 Penguin @TheMcKapy @boilerup700 @Thibeault x @NINJA IN A BOX @Walker l 2 l @rodriguez l2l @Yantzer x 84 @Frank QC 96 @MILOSx86 @Johnykube20 @WontonSoupx73 @Huether 10 @CampingForGoals @xI bearjuden Ix @lBrAwLeRl @ENGchap77 @in8ability2212 @cpottz @I The CavaIry I @Kwanny D @Manbearp1g 86 @ORod80 @xMidget Prox @ScFi89 @Collier l 11 l @denverocks @pacerfan317 @NotMikeD @fredstar0418 @Mezoh STK @Sugabetes @TheePastorDave @Gaara No Sabaku @RoonMastaFlex @NumberCobra9694 @Dropbows @Scheckel29 @Tacosunday @Capt Distracto6 @Rammered @SkeTchy12 @SkeTchy12 @IHI a y e s @DiLo l 19 l @Brisan66 @Bottomless Pit @Tubbyturbo13 @l CinnaBon l @sSixAxiSs @DeStefano x @Elegant Pique @TheNatural21 @l Sakic x 19 l @fins up 786 @Dem0nic Furbie @Wellsy x 61 @Nickx91 @Twiztid Kris @Selantez l 19 l @FwC Danny @Greek18 @z3phyr IV @MOUNTAIN JESUS @IndianaU @Flailinhoo @HuskyMarlin @TCMRauly @Noopy09 @SCFC x Beast @DoobTrayn @Geo121109 @SG xDelirious @UniQue BlackOut @IMurkedYouLol @Desire STK @Traggix @Youre Haram @Eric Dang @Maystroh @SA Reflex Pro @abPPLPcd @K inG x NeymaR @Weedy683 @Redrok13 @King J0ffrey @Scott Swag City @Y0u MA4D 8R0 @Y0u MA4D 8R0 @J13 x F3aR RG @l Trae l @zDoosh @amT Vendifire @RolexOnMySide @McCann x94 @Live Easily @BaTiSTuTa l 9 l @x JJ o @Serpe x 13 @Agent NXS
    @
    STRICTLY ZLATAN @Dimitri x l19l @Lalonde22 @SpillShot @Rav l 10 l @MadeOfTwoFaces @Killersquirelz @EG Soul Reaver @BacKLuND x 22 @Viktomize @Symbieh @II Snackz II @iMMuNiiTy @I Smell A Taco @l THiZz I @THE HD HAZARD @l Kang l @Cage Technique @Cage Technique @Phrezno @OG rb @AmAziNg Smoggyy @KillaAqua99 @Dank Magician59 @The Worthy 1 @Shaun1126 @swiss97 @ermahgerdTORnk @Dino523 @GolSki40 @Matt in Prime @Your Side Piece @xRG4x @PsychSmokeBBQ @Henriques I 3 I @Jiggyfry @DoopArmyZolo @Paok04 @JC POP OFF @STRICTLY H4TTY @Romero l 4 l @cem3nt
    @
    K1NG MULLER 25 @C4 x CR3AMY @jayblob @ExoticWarTurtle @krambboro10 @CUMMINS x 7 @Stronghand36 @Kesler02 @Bitetto02 @Xtrpwn21 @True Complexity @l Fisher l 81 l @Amendment64 @GeriatricPickl3 @ShortyxLOSE @barrack87 @barrack87 @Guppy J 007 @o Rockkstarr o @Texas Tenant @BioHizzle @emmuhstoned @Connor l 18 l @l NavyVeteran l @castJAY @hype86 @LoSky WoSkY @stephen12346 @Mr SlugFest @NinoRT9 @Newbie in HD @ItsZachHere

Bottomless_Pit
  2. Stronghand36

Stronghand36 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have no problem keeping TC players if they sign up, my only worry with a deadline is that if people who have signed up dont come for any reason, then you are SOL. B/C even for 30 mins prior, obviously you want the team on earlier, but if there is a TC ready to go, but the Starter who signed up says he will be there then backs out within 5-10 mins of starting then your screwed. My only worry.

No Streaming Account
  3. Zumeck

Zumeck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Zumeck#3560
    Ratings:
    +863 / 102 / -155
    you can get an ecu.

4. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    I don't get this. Past practice was lines by like 8pm, and stats must be entered by like 8pm the following day?

In regards to stats deadlines, let's think about those with normal M-F workdays? Giving 24 hours to enter stats is not only fair, but it also allows for those with jobs and other commitments.

That said, the wording of the poll above confuses me?

• Like Like x 1
    Psychsmokebbq
  5. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    I like the way LGHL does it. If it's during the regular season, just have your lines correct before game time. The last thing we need is people having to be on this site at set times, daily. Besides, if this is what we recommend why wouldn't owners just make up lines and then edit them as the season goes on? This to me serves no point. During the cup matches, I feel MAYBE lineups being submitted early would benefit. But, in a league where there's no game max, I don't see the sense in having this as a requirement when league promotion is top priority.

Lokix6x
  6. Killersquirelz

Killersquirelz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -4
    Well, for first thing, this should absolutely not be a thing. All it does is put a choke on teams and increase the change that teams won't be able to field a full team and have to forfeit (As we've seen several times already). It's also an 'ignore me' rule. A rule that most managers would rather break if it meant they could field a more full team instead of having to sit people that would otherwise fill in for a missing player.

I enjoy lines. It helps me keep track of who I've promised a spot to, who I plan on playing, and it's interesting sometimes to see who the other team might be fielding. It also helps make stats easier after the game and avoid having to add a bunch of players afterwards. I also enjoy that it correlates with TC people being able to register for the game that week in a "Hey, I'm available to play coach" way.

That being said, there should be no deadline, and there should be no cut-off time. Just do your best to have your line as correct as possible before the game. Don't completely abandon it as I've seen some teams doing. Personally, I know roughly who will be playing that day based on who my starters are, and I usually have my guys start hopping into the lobby an hour before the game, but It's been rare that I have my full team guaranteed an hour before the game. Hell, even going up to 20 minutes before the game I'm usually missing 3-4 spots to people either arriving home late or last minute cancellations, which is when I start looking for which TC players I have that are active and can fill in. I also have to occasionally start moving players around the field for the best possible team. So the line might say someone is playing RB, but I had to move them up to LM for the game as the LM didn't show.

I get the idea behind it, but the restriction is just a bad way of going about it. Frankly, it's a dick move if you give someone a spot and they're in there and then you bench them because your starter showed up 5 minutes before. It's not going to make you look good as a manager in general. If one of your starters is missing and you're coming close to gametime, and one of the TC players is in there, they should at least get 1 game even if your starter shows up right at the deadline.

But, at the same time, TC players should be understanding of managers too. Almost all the time, managers are simply trying to present the best possible team they can. It is a competition, and everyone's trying to win. To quote one of the players on my team, "We're all just trying to be the best team we can be."

As for stats, I vote 24 hour deadline.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account