ATTN: All NFL owners must read

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by XBoxJon, Feb 14, 2004.

1. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL that's funny Darthor. Everyone knows my strategy now lol ok. That was funny.

Again this is all because of a stupid game that i actually know how to run my offense when it's my turn. i held the ball first and second quarter for 2 minutes at best. In the 3rd it was about 2 minutes also but you got INT which stretched that out to 4:00(that's my fault).

The game was basically over 4th. You didnt call one timeout to stop the clock and that's not me to tell you. *STRATEGY HINT* IF i'm up on the fourth you better do your best to get that dam ball back. I will drive to atleast get that field goal or touchdown in.

How the hell did i know you didnt have a passing game? I dont go and read every one of your post and wont care to anytime soon.

MP please. We all witnessed your superbowl crying party. Could i of beat you if you didnt drop back so much...probly or probly not. You had a good running game and a better passing game. I lost that game because i played stupidly. I know what i did wrong and did right. You just like using the game(s) downfalls too much.

*STRATEGY HINT* Yes i do blitz alllll day.

So let me see here...
    1) Holding the ball more then 2 minutes each quarter is bad. Even though that would mean 1 playher would have the ball atleast 2 each quarter.
    2) Getting beat by power running backs is all cool(never complained when i play random games and never will here because it's a flaw in the game. Even if a person abuses it. I dont care. It can be stopped.)
    3) Dropping back is not illegal...ok...ill remember that one. You do know that when a player does this the Defense becomes lost...you knew this right? Just like when you send a man in motion.
    4) I know we dont want to get into sportsmanship when people are destroying others just because of stats. Even though you have the game won you keep on scoring. Truthfully i dont get that.

I've played good exhibition games against league members. Great Defense 1st half until someone breaks a run or a pass that the scoring begins and it's still up to the last play to win the game.

It's all about playing Defense when it's your turn. I learned from playing people like this online. It sucks when you lose because it's only by a field goal or a touchdown.

You guys need to find a way to increase the time on these league games. Just because you dont have accelerate clock means you can make an excuse. Adjust the tackling and pursuit sliders(to your liking...takes 2 minutes at best.).

One thing that i noticed about these league(s) is fun and time is looked at before realism. I appreciate that, dont get me wrong. But, you also join a league expecting other things also. You join a league knowing it will take up some time off your day. You join because you know you will have a bunch of stats to enter after the game. You join a league knowing the administrator will push for total simulation(elliminating flaws and such).

If those that played me like to complain about how i played my game then do. Now is your time to since we are all here talking about it.

No Streaming Account
  2. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand.

No Streaming Account
  3. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Holding the ball for over 2 minutes isn't "bad" but getting off 4-5 plays in the two minute span is "bad".

Power Running Backs can be stopped. THey just take more effort and concentration.

And concerning the "sim" aspects of the game, it is still very possible to have a good game on these settings, but when you get a person who is good at offense and another person who sucks at defense it turns into a scoring fest (as it should).

And yes, the game does need an accelerated playclock. There is no reason for us to have to make the game longer then it already is, as of now it already takes about an hour to play a game plus stat time. When people pick and run their plays in a timely manner we usually get 70-80 plays in depending on a few other things.

Concerning the dropping back issue, I have never, ever seen what you are talking about. Of course someone is going to drop back if they're getting pressured, do you expect them to just stand there and watch their qb get sacked? I sure as heck don't. All we ask is that you call and run your plays like normal without trying to milk the clock in the first and second or sometimes third quarter.

No Streaming Account
  4. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Read and understood

No Streaming Account
  5. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Understood

No Streaming Account
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol
    just out of curiosity
    Why is my reliability rating at 85%

7. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did you miss any games with football or such?

No Streaming Account
  8. Randy Roy

Randy Roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Read and Understood!!!

No Streaming Account
  9. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Week 1 Links singles. Signing up for the tournament, but did not join it on XSN. -15% deduction. You'll make it back by playing your football games on time though.

No Streaming Account
  10. DPAnders

DPAnders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand. Sorry about the late response but I was out of town.

No Streaming Account
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is that something that happens automatically?
    Ive never seen anyones rating change before and I know a few guys in football were way behind.

12. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The commissioner of each league submits the changes to an admin so that they can make the adjustment. I just happen to be the NHL and Team Links commish, and stay on top of it. NFL on the other hand.... :roll:

No Streaming Account
  13. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i understand...

sorry for not responding sooner!

No Streaming Account
  14. bb1013

bb1013 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Understood

No Streaming Account
  15. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I posted "whatever" meaning its all good, I play by the rules, I will do what you say, ect....so throw Latdoggy on the list!

Gajeske85
  16. Stang6697

Stang6697 Dallas Stars Captain

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i understand all mighty chief

No Streaming Account
  17. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Best answer yet! :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  18. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Superbowl crying party? Please a few comments were made and i responded to them. Besides even Jon can back me up that playing style was pretty lame.

What are talking about by drop back passing??? I never run around with the QB unless the other person gets through with a blitz and even then i try not to run around too much... :roll:

No Streaming Account
  19. striker3771

striker3771 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn. Am I the last one? I mustve been in a coma this weekend. Understood.

No Streaming Account
  20. Erbs

Erbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Understood

I read it this mornin but i had to leave for school, but heres mah post.

No Streaming Account