Any coupons..

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by nosice, Oct 8, 2004.

1. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    any coupons for like free shipping or some kind of percent off...

I was about to order and just thought to ask..

No Streaming Account
  2. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was able to find the following coupons after looking for about 5 minutes:

EBGames.com

Comes with free overnight shipping, but is $49.99

CLICK HERE

Coupon for free shipping: 1DPRESEL

or from Outpost.com (Fry's Electronics):

At outpost, it comes with free shipping, and costs only $39.99!

CLICK HERE

No Streaming Account
  3. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you sir.. just what im looking for..

No Streaming Account
  4. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm.

So you can have it on day 1 and pay full price (which is the same as preordering from the store actually)... or you can save $10 at Outpost.com but you might not get it for 3-5 days.

I figure the servers will be bombed that first week anyway, I'll save the $10 and have it by the weekend ;) Thx for the link.

No Streaming Account
  5. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problemo nosice. Both have their upside, and the major downside.

But which one are you going to choose? I don't know if I would be willing to spend a couple extra days waiting, for $10 less.

Luckily I am getting it at midnight from EBGames :D

No Streaming Account
  6. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    socal what is the code for the eb free shipping when i go through the process it still charges 9.99 for next day

No Streaming Account
  7. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was posted right below the link. Anyway, here it is again:

1DPRESEL

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    20% off and I only have to wait for a few days? I'll take that deal anytime.

No Streaming Account
  9. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my bad thank you!

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is a big controversy about this in the xbox.com forums. Some are saying it is going to lag because there will be half a million users on at one time but some are saying that H2 is peer to peer so why would it lag? Anyone know anything about all this?

No Streaming Account
  11. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HEy socal I couldnt get that code to work.. but ive already ordered for the 20% less.. I'll also take the deal any day ... That's how I stay in this business..lol

No Streaming Account
  12. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Even if it's peer to peer, the stats and online status of everyone still has to go through the XBL servers... plus the server has to be listed on their server for people to join.

All of our sports games are peer to peer, and they still lag at times for some reason when the servers are jammed (even though are stats only report at the end of games, not during the session like a FPS).

No Streaming Account
  13. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well as long as it has taken them to make and test this game I sure hope they have most of this figured out already so that when 1 million people hope online there wont be any issues. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess.

No Streaming Account
  14. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I recommend Outpost.com to buy your games online (Fry's if you have one near you). Although I only bought from them once so far, it was Star Wars: Battlefront and I pre-ordered and got it the same day it was in stores for less than I'd pay at the store due to taxes.

I ordered it at 39.99, plus overnight S&H, and no tax. Got it the same day it was released for under 50 bucks. They shipped it on Monday and I could've had it at 9am Tuesday morning but didn't get it until around 1:30pm. (See below)

As a side note, Outpost.com used DHL as their carrier. DHL was at my house at 9am but since our address isn't marked, they weren't sure if it was the correct house so they didn't leave the package. I noticed on their website that they said it was delivered and signed by "Receptionist" :shock: . I called DHL and the lady I talked to said she'd call the main office and get it straightened out and call me back. My package was then re-delivered and soon after it was delivered I received the call back making sure I got my delivery.

Both Outpost.com and DHL impressed me and I'll probably do all my pre-orders through them.

End of commercial :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  15. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I ordered just now, the overnight S&H charge was close to $10, so no real savings compared to the free overnight S&H (FedEx) that you can get from Gamestop or EBGames.

I've ordered overnight from Gamestop and EBGames and have always had it delivered in the AM by FedEx, but went with Outpost.com this time for the $10 savings (and regular ground shipping, which I'm guessing will be 3 days).

No Streaming Account
  16. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, I think it was 9 dollars for overnight shipping which made my total purchase 48.99 but I got it the day it was released. Whenever I order from Gamestop or EB, even with overnight, I usually didn't get the game until Wednesday or later. Then I wondered why I even pre-ordered since I could've gotten it at the store.

Also, I'm not talking about EVERY game. I was too last minute to find a deal for SW: Battlefront and ordered it the week before from Outpost.com and it was still a great deal in my opinion. I ordered a regular priced game (Tiger Woods) from them at the same time and the shipping DID NOT change. Gamestop wanted to charge me 9.99 S&H for each title :roll:

I get aggravated with explaining stuff like this though. I wasn't saying there aren't better deals out there, my post was letting people know that Outpost delivered for me and I was happy with my experience. It was more for people who had reservations with using them. I know I did since I never heard anyone ever using them. Plus, I ordered on a Monday and because it was a pre-release I got an email form them saying it was "backordered", that was enough to scare me away so I cancelled the order. Then, two days later, I re-ordered it because it was a good deal and I decided I didn't need the game the day it came out. Backordered must be the term they use for games that aren't for sale yet. I'm glad I risked it because they even sent me an email saying "Sorry, but we currently don't have the product you ordered in stock." That's why I cancelled it the first time.

Oh yeah, all of the above and also I hate FedEx. They won't leave a package at my door and I have to drive a half an hour away to get it from them if I missed them at the door. This happened on a Friday one time and I was ticked off because I wouldn't get it until Monday otherwise :roll:

Gamestop and EB have lost a lot of trust with me so I was happy to find a new place. Now, I just have to see if Overstock.com delivers for me since I've never used them as well. I was able to order Halo2: Special Edition from them with OVERNIGHT shipping at a price less than most places are selling the regular edition Halo2 ;)

No Streaming Account