Announcement: Settings Changed

Discussion in 'MLB 2K7 Prospect League' started by MR PAPPAGI0RGIO, Mar 21, 2007.

1. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

As you know there was problems with sliders being reset and such in leagues. Well this happened in the sim league and GMB reset their settings to "default" where everythings pretty much at 50.

After a few games in our prospect league, I came to the conclusion that the Sim leagues "default" settings as opposed to "All-Star" Sliders was a much more realistic Sim Baseball game.

I played Boomer last night with the new "50" settings and had probably the most kick ass, realistic game of baseball we possibly could have. There were a good number of hits, but runs weren't out of control and homeruns were scarce compared to the other settings where anything and everything was flying out.

No Streaming Account
  2. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Sweet...looking forward to trying them out. All the homeruns were the only thing that was starting to scare me.

drummerJ99
  3. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Trust me these settings are way better. I can hit homeruns as good as anyone, and with the batters eye on the ball and a guy like Delgado at the plate, its like instant homerun if you make contact, but in the Sim League with those settings, I managed to just pop out, which does really happen on big swings, so you're going to see more variety of hits I think, and less homeruns.

We're finally going to have to manufacture runs just like in real baseball :D

No Streaming Account
  4. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    these settings are not better IMO.. i reall hope the mlb league doesnt do this.

No Streaming Account
  5. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The MLB Sim league has had these settings ALL season long Fiddy. You've already played two games with it. How do you figure they are worse?

No Streaming Account
  6. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what Fiddy is talking about or not with GMB changing the settings. But I know at least until yesterday the sliders were the "reset to default" settings, and the games fealt a ton more realistic.

If you look at the stats in the prospect league, Home Runs, and Batting Averages are out of control on default all-star, the sim leagues stats through the first week are a lot more sim-like IMO.

We're going to give these a try to make sure we have the gameplay solid for this league, and GMB and MGM will decide whats best for the Sim League.

All I know is there was a big difference in the Sim league games I've played and the Prospect games I've played. Then I did the "reset to default" sliders for the prospect league and played a game last night, and I thought it was VERY realistic. Im curious to see what you guys think of it now.

No Streaming Account
  7. AkaBalla2k

AkaBalla2k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -7
    i had 8 homeruns last night vs the rangers..

iguchi & erstad had 2 apiece when makin a plain contact swing

No Streaming Account
  8. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Excatly. I changed the settings last night around midnight. Those all-star settings are whack for offense.

With the settings now, there were a good variety of hits and I think only 1 Homerun all game when Jenkins just caught a good pitch and I nailed the timing and hammered it. But for the most part seemed WAY better.

When I played Boston I literally could not throw a single pitch to Big papi or Manny at all, they were both 2-2 with 2 HR's before I started walking them, then Drew came behind them and hammered it out, was just crazy.

Guys PLEASE give feedback on games you play in the next few days, lets see how it is now. I think its loads better.

No Streaming Account
  9. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also talked to ExArmy SGT about the difference between the Sim and Prospect settings and he was also of the opinion that the Sim league with its "50" settings was a ton better than the prospect which was just crazy offensively.

No Streaming Account
  10. Fiddy14

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    when u default the settings with the RB and get the 50 slider settings.. take power to 50.. lmao...

to each their own.. but the actual all-star settings are way better.. it has been HR derby on the 50 settings.. boozers can back that up.. our games had nothing but HR's..

No Streaming Account
  11. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We've been playing on All-Star settings in the prospect league the whole time till my game last night. GO LOOK AT THOSE STATS, tell me which is more realistic. Anyway, you're not even in the prospect league, so don't worry about it.

No Streaming Account
  12. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    So far after 1 game...not too impressed with the sliders..but again it was 1 game but we had a total of 10 HR's between both teams. I'll admit I probably didn't change up balls/strikes and offspeed pitches enough. Batter power right now is at 35...I think to cut down on HR's the power needs to be done in the 10-15 range. I'd even take the power influence down to the 0-5 range. Right now it seems like it's either a ground ball or a HR. The only thing that made it into the OF, were liners or ground balls. It seemed like everything that should have been a OF flyball was leaving the park.

Like I said it was one game...To be honest I didn't really like the sliders before either but between the two though I didn't see much difference.

drummerJ99
  13. JMAN25

JMAN25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This game needs some kind of modified sliders regardless of which setting is choosen. I just jaked 5 HR in my last game. Sliders still need some tweaking IMO..

No Streaming Account
  14. Fiddy14

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    power is on 50.. that is why you guys are seeing alot of long balls..

No Streaming Account
  15. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Fiddy...if I'm not mistaken...the batter power is actually at 35. With the power influence at like 15 or 20...I believe. Or at least that is close to what they were when I looked at them at about 9PM EST.

drummerJ99
  16. Fiddy14

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well thats good then.. maybe he just changed them or something..

No Streaming Account