Media Cleveland moves at the deadline

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, Apr 13, 2017.

?

Would Cleveland have been better off not changing their team so drastically at the deadline?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2017.
  1. YES

62.1%
  2. NO

6.1%
  3. RESULT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME

31.8%
  1. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    There it is. The final word. The hammer has came down. The downfall all began with douchebagsince95.

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Iowa example.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    It would have made no difference in my opinion, the team may have won a few more games, but in the end it would have still ended without a championship. People dont seem to get the concept that only one team can win, and it doesnt matter if you lose in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round, you still end the season the same way as all the teams who didnt make playoffs, or were eliminated before you. You see a team like Cleveland in the NHL every year, whole lots of offense, but lacking on the defensive end, and in net. During the regular season, these weaknesses are covered up by facing lesser opponents, but in the playoffs its different, everyones playing for the cup and its just generally tougher to score.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    jtresatti
  4. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    I'd say you get rid of that and it's a whole different story

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. zeffster

zeffster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 18 / -16
    You have to be good to criticize other people

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Dbigs40
  6. PatEthic

PatEthic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 16 / -28

Shout out to @zeffster for that GG rating... you alone on an island!

Patque20
  7. newzealandtroak

newzealandtroak Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 16 / -34
    I'm going to call out people who go 0/15 on breakout passes. I also asked freezed multiple times what to do and how to help the problem beforehand because they couldn't breakout against a chl team in the warm up. But no answer or party invite. Had to communicate through skype during the game. There was already a rift between jt and ceeg/shirk so why play them together in the biggest game? Maybe it would've went different if I could communicate with everyone. CJ comparing fwd ta/ga's to dmen's ta/ga's is moronic. The fwd's ga's don't lead directly to goals. And honestly you fucking stink. Also freeze, the ceeg/shirk combo was negative against good teams. So you can keep blaming the forwards all you want. The D literally just starts a sui domino effect up the ice. Ceeg and shirk were solid defensively but the breakouts were shaky at best. I backed freeze the whole time and for him to just throw "the fwds" under the bus is pretty shitty. Especially when I tried to correct the issue beforehand but couldn't even get a response. But I'll tell you what. I went and played with the senator's dmen and jesus christ it's like night and day. Vito and austin are the only d men capable of leading a breakout on the monsters. Mikey everyone who reads this forum knows that you are god awful. Why does me saying it make me a douchebag? @mikeydee1 @BigFreeze064 @CJtheprofessor. Ceeg and shirk were 0-2 in the playoffs. Coincidence? So everybody on my dick please get off it thanks. Also the multiple 200 ft goals were fucking hilarious. S/o to @Userpic1306 for the chirp of the year.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    This.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    jtresatti
  9. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Thanks for chiming in, Freeze. Only you and your teammates who were there from start to finish really understand what the entire game plan was and what you did that worked and what didnt work. In the end, people can speculate and it makes for interesting discussion but the truth is that whatever you, Ceeg and T-ball saw going on probably means more than most anyone else's opinion.

I can tell you that I have a ton of respect for all 3 of you in Management and would have gladly played backup G on your team!

• Winner Winner x 1
    tsibs88
  10. cjdtheprofessor

cjdtheprofessor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -2
    I agree entirely. If I were going to compare T/G stats I'd side by side both team's defensemen and then both team's forwards.

Oh, wait, I did do that.

Charlotte's defensemen gave the puck away more than ours did in those 4 losses. Also, like I previously mentioned, our forwards turned the puck over more than twice as much as the Charlotte forwards (-90 to -40).

But I forgot, it had to have been someone other than the forwards' fault for turning the puck over. Even though we had more TOA in those games, meaning the turnovers were off of a sustained offensive attack in the zone and not suicide passes on the rush. Oh, and that's extremely naive to say that a giveaway from a forward can't directly lead to a goal.

I'm glad you were able to come to the conclusion that I "fucking stink" after the 4-0 record I put up with CLE, to include tball and I in front of Optimus only allowing 2 goals (one of which was a 200 footer) in our only playoff game. I'll put that opinion right next to the 5-11 AHL Defenseman turned goalie that I've never played with who tells me that I have no right to criticize people because I'm no good.

It must be that if anyone wins a hockey game in LG it's because the forwards carry the team or the goalie bails us out, while if we lose a game it's because they all just had too much weight to carry. Sounds like everyone who plays Defense should just go fuck themselves. I'm still confused at things like calling out Ceeg and Shirk for going 0-2 in the playoffs right after mentioning that Vito and Austin were the only D that could breakout even though they were also 0-2, though. Sorry, apparently I'm still learning how this league works in regards to who takes the blame for things, I guess I'm just used to people taking responsibility for themselves and understanding that hockey is played with a 6 man team.

Anyways. I'd like to point out that I don't call anyone out by name because that's fucking childish and that it would be ignorant for me to call out someone in a position that I don't play.

Regardless of your opinion of me poopin, I actually enjoyed playing with you on my wing during game 3 because you were where you needed to be and our team put together a much needed 7-2 win. I also think the 5 of us should have played game 5, but that's all irrelevant at this point. I don't know anything about you other than that day of playing together and what I saw during and immediately after game 5, so I'll just leave it at that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Cjdtheprofessor
  11. Rise_Of_Knies

Rise_Of_Knies Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    All in all you had 1 line that outmatched 1 of ours. At most you would of walked away with 2 wins in this series. Don't think your team shit the bed and more of your other 2 lines got outmatched by us. Whether your line played game 5 game 6 was no gimme for you guys.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    This is the most ignorant statement ive ever read

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    jtresatti
  13. Rise_Of_Knies

Rise_Of_Knies Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oneteeovi#0
    Ratings:
    +1,002 / 335 / -632
    Whats so ignorant is you think my team sucks and we had no business beating you. I know what my teams about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    No i think you have a good team as i said in my handshake thread but to say 2 of your lines are better than ours is ignorant. I understand you won the series and thats fine, i accept that, but that has nothing to do with the talent on each line. Everybody loses, just because you beat somebody once doesnt make you better than them lol

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    jtresatti
  15. epvk78

epvk78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -9
    I think it all started after week 3. But that's just my opinion. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    epvk78
  16. newzealandtroak

Ratings:
    +380 / 16 / -34
    CJ I'm going off of who I played with and how they played. You're talking about the 4 losses and I'm talking about the game 5 loss (which I was apart of). So you throwing out stats of an entire series is irrelevant. The most concerning thing to me was that I noticed the problem beforehand and I could not get an answer on how to help it. It's childish to say something instead of watching the same mistake over and over? Also, because we scrubhunted a 7-2 win you feel accomplished? I'm not speaking for the other forwards I'm mentioning the problems in my game. But for the other games, Vito and austin were paired with our weak fwd lines against the checkers top line. Look more into matchups I guess idk what to tell you. Me squid and bri could've had two mikeydee's in that game 3 and we would've won. I think the matchups really exposed our weaknesses and gave us a huge disadvantage. Instead of playing the 3rd line with the 3rd line etc, it turned into multiple losses instead of a sui line.

No Streaming Account
  17. newzealandtroak

Ratings:
    +380 / 16 / -34
    Mikey just like every other average ahl defenseman, you are solid defensively but bad with the puck. I do give credit. I think every d man on the team is solid defensively. But most are bad with the puck. Why can you not comprehend the difference?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    mikeydee's solution for his horrible breakouts passes is to fly up the wing and become a 3rd winger, leading to 2on1s like no other, Can confirm as I was a victim of this for 2 weeks.

Krvstoffer
  20. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    wait what lol who did I blame

Krvstoffer