Media Cleveland moves at the deadline

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, Apr 13, 2017.

?

Would Cleveland have been better off not changing their team so drastically at the deadline?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2017.
  1. YES

62.1%
  2. NO

6.1%
  3. RESULT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME

31.8%
  1. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    As much as people think Mikeydee is being bitter for getting sent off the Monsters team, his question was valid. Would Cleveland have been better off not changing their team so drastically at the deadline?

• Like Like x 1
    tsibs88
  2. bottle_man

bottle_man Still moving even when the legs stop.

Ratings:
    +330 / 80 / -76
    Yes they would've been better off but I think the end result still would've been 1st round exit

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    bottle_man
  3. Mastromattei

Mastromattei Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mastromattei#0
    Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -6
    shouldve run this poll before they got bounced eh

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Angry_Dangler17

Angry_Dangler17 #GREENSKIRT

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -16
    Yes ×1000

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    Are we done talking about monsters yet?

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    Pastahnak
  6. juggynuts-_-

juggynuts-_- SNAKES ON 3

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -8
    With all the talent that team had, they were a legit threat to win the cup. If they would've made those moves a little sooner and worked out the kinks, it could've worked but we'll never know. All season this division was a grind. In the playoffs, team chemistry makes a boatload of difference.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    they lost cuz their dmen couldnt breakout, I dont think MikeyDee's a huge improvement on that.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    Krvstoffer
  8. GalchyTheBeast27

GalchyTheBeast27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GalchyTheBeast27#9933
    Ratings:
    +135 / 7 / -18
    Im pretty sure my moaning would've have been a great help, but I guess it's 2 late (8

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    GalchyTheBeast27
  9. l_Razor_x_Edge_l

l_Razor_x_Edge_l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 5 / -1
    Maybe just checkers are the better team.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Userpic1306

Userpic1306 Warning Group

Ratings:
    +674 / 15 / -45
    Can we have a poll of what the monsters should change their name to again?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Its an interesting point, we could have run the same poll before and after the series to see if people thought it was worth all the movement. Only problem with either poll is that the bias against Cleveland after the trade deadline was so strong that people may be voting more out of spite that real analysis of the situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tsibs88
  12. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Well, I would suggest you don't listen to the podcast on Sunday because we will be talking about it. Really, this whole time people think this has been a discussion about the Monsters. What it has really been a discussion about is:

1. The rules that allow the player movement that we saw with this team and many other teams in the league
    2. How these moves affect team chemistry

I picked Cleveland in the first round because I felt the chemistry would find its way forward in their play but it did not happen.
    I believe big time in the chemistry and how badly constant movement of players messes that up. We made those mistakes in S3 with Tucson and I did have a feeling that their moves would cause some of the same issues. I just thought that the shear talent on the Monsters would override this problem. I was wrong on that.

• Like Like x 2
    tsibs88
  13. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101
    Well tbh they had a good defensive core of players earlier in the season. We started to gel as a unit on the backend but they decided to go in a different direction. The first few weeks this team was rolling with real good chemistry and felt we could beat anyone on any night. I wish they would have held it together for a little longer instead of blowing it up. I get what BigFreeze did and I respected him when he told me what he was trying to do. He didn't lie and sugar coat it which I appreciated. Some managers would just basically lie to you or not tell you anything. It was the most professional breakup I have had in this league. So it didn't work so what!!@@?? He at least tried to make some moves to try and shake things up it didn't work. We do this in life and sometimes you think the move you are making is a sure thing in say your career or life. I thank BigFreeze for the time I had on Cleveland and wish him luck in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    w1kd__84
  14. Austin2997

Austin2997 Austin2997

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -3
    Immediately following the call-ups, the Monsters went on a 14 game winning streak, outscoring teams by 57 goals total or 4.07 per game. That included blowout wins over teams like, Hershey, Iowa, Manitoba and Chicago. I don't think chemistry is what hurt us, but after that win streak snapped something changed amongst our team, Whatever it was I think that's what cost us the season.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    TheAustin2997
  15. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Douchebagsince95 calling multiple players out in team chats and arguing with people and blaming everyone else and saying to give him the puck more might be a part of things.

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    dont call out your org best player homie

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Krvstoffer
  17. cjdtheprofessor

cjdtheprofessor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -2
    Lol, really blaming the defense for losing 4 of 5 games? That basically summarizes the mentality of 95% of the players in this league. Let's break down these games and try to understand why your over simplified reasoning is what kills the 6s community.

In the 4 losses Cleveland had in round 1 their Defensemen combined for 3 points and were -14 with their takeaways to giveaways. Charlotte's defenders had 7 points and were -25 T/G in the same 4 games.

Sticking with those 4 games, the Monsters' forwards combined for 12 points and were -90 T/G compared to the Charlotte forwards who had 30 points and were only -40 T/G.

Cleveland had 22:33 TOA in those 4 games and registered 51 shots. Charlotte's TOA was only 18:24 but still put up 61 shots.

The man advantage really played out in game 1 with Charlotte going 3/8 and winning the game 4-2, but throughout those 4 games they were pretty even with Charlotte going 4/13 and Cleveland 2/11.

Yes, the defenders struggled badly in a few of those games, there is no denying that. The difference between forwards and defenders, though, is that defense will be the first ones to tell you that they played like shit while forwards can do no wrong. Nevermind their unnecessary abundance of turnovers and forced passes for no reason, or their complete disregard for the fact that there are actually 5 skaters in the offensive zone at a time, because forwards are the most skilled at this game and they constantly demonstrate that as they skate around and try to undress all 5 opposing players and then shout about how they were passing when they finally get the puck taken away.

This is a league where there are 6 players who sign up for 6 individual positions. I don't play forward, and you don't see me blaming a round 1 5 game exit on the fact that Cleveland scored 2 or less goals in their 4 losses. You also didn't see defenders in the Skype chat in the first period of games yelling at the forwards to stop getting crushed at the blue line or to stop forcing wrap after wrap. We don't play each other's positions for a reason.

Cleveland, as a team, got humbled. Cleveland, AS A TEAM, lost 4 out of 5 games.

Oh, and no, you don't fucking "carry bad defense." Defense is a 5 man effort. If you can't see how getting smashed at the blue line springs an odd man rush every time, try some self evaluation for once. Forwards are a dime a dozen, and most of them still have no vision beyond the slot in the offensive zone. You don't have to have golden thumbs to play this game or to even be decent at it. You literally just have to open your eyes and make the simple pass to whichever teammate is wide the fuck open.

The Iowa series was my favorite to watch because those were teams that play like actual 6 man teams from front to back. Both of your teams have my respect for playing hockey like it is supposed to be played.

Team Defense wins championships, remember that shit. Stay humble kids.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Cjdtheprofessor
  18. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -520
    All starts with the backcheck.

• Like Like x 1
    premierplayer
  19. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    Our change in chem and most importantly attitude led to our undoing. Let's remember in that 14 games streak I had ecu'd furdayz some as well and i believe it had started before the send downs. Some of the moves I made worked out great. Others tore the team apart. By the end of the season we could barely get guys to club and get practice in together. Our team attitude and then chem since we weren't getting the same games in wrecked us. Having some of our fwds blaming the defense just shows how badly our attitude turned. Last time I checked those same exact dmen were outstanding for most of the season when playing with different fwds. End of the day i messed up moving some of these players that fit well with our group out to bring others in that didn't so I can't blame any of the players.

WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF I HAD MADE LESS MOVES!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -520
    I notice GM's here are fascinated with deadline moves. Sometimes the best moves are the ones not made for sure.

• Like Like x 2
    premierplayer