What in the literal fuck is going on with the AHL

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Bake703, Nov 28, 2016.

?

Should this be legal?

1. Yes

4.8%
  2. No

95.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bake703

Bake703 Shake it before you Bake it

Ratings:
    +1,136 / 188 / -101
    Hey guys, just wanted to throw some info out there that I think the whole AHL community should know about.

WBS had their agm Bob Rooney quit this past week.
    Due to this happening, WBS was able to bring in Make Your Luck at LD to replace Bob, free contract and all. Keep in mind that Make Your Luck NEVER signed up for the league, he wasnt on anyones roster he wasnt even IN the league. Also another thing to keep in mind is the fact that Make Your Lucks last season on D, 20-6-2 +27 in the NHL.

All I have done here is laid out facts, what I am posting next is what is in our constitution, Article 1 sec 5.2. YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. The league has already come to the decision that this is legal.

5.2 : Management Contracts

NHL GMs are selected prior to the start of NHL bidding and are issued a one year, zero salary contract. Players whom are under contract are required to be traded for in order to accept a GM contract with a new organization.

Players may also be promoted mid season to a GM role as well to fill a vacancy. Players whom are promoted mid season to GM will have their contract reduced to a one year deal, and their salary reduced to zero. In order for a player to be promoted to GM mid season, the player must either be on the team's roster or must be acquired via trade.

NHL AGMs MAY be preselected prior to NHL bidding OR selected after NHL bidding. Owners have a few options when it applies to selecting their AGM. AGMs selected PRIOR to bidding will be issued a one season contract at five million dollars OR maintain their current salary(if below five million) and contract.

Players may also be promoted mid season to a AGM role as well to fill a vacancy. Players whom are promoted mid season to AGM will have their contract reduced to a one year deal, and their salary reduced to five million dollars. In a situation where a player is promoted to AGM mid season and the player has a salary below five million dollar, the lower salary will be retained. In order for a player to be promoted to AGM mid season, the player must either be on the team's roster or must be acquired via trade.

AHL GMs are selected prior to the start of AHL bidding and are issued a one year, zero salary contract. Players whom are under contract are required to be traded for in order to accept a GM contract with a new organization.

Players may also be promoted mid season to a GM role as well to fill a vacancy. Players whom are promoted mid season to GM will have their contract reduced to a one year deal, and their salary reduced to zero. In order for a player to be promoted to GM mid season, the player must either be on the team's roster or must be acquired via trade.

AHL AGMs are selected prior to the start of AHL bidding and are issued a one year, zero salary contract. Players whom are under contract are required to be traded for in order to accept a AGM contract with a new organization.

Players may also be promoted mid season to a AGM role as well to fill a vacancy. Players whom are promoted mid season to AGM will have their contract reduced to a one year deal, and their salary reduced to zero. In order for a player to be promoted to GM mid season, the player must either be on the team's roster or must be acquired via trade.

AHL AAGMs(2nd AGM) MAY be preselected prior to AHL bidding OR selected after AHL bidding. AHL GMs have a few options when it applies to selecting their AAGM. AAGMs selected PRIOR to bidding will be issued a one season contract at three million dollars OR maintain their current salary(if below three million) and contract.

Players may also be promoted mid season to an AAGM role as well to fill a vacancy. Players whom are promoted mid season to AAGM will have their contract reduced to a one year deal, and their salary reduced to three million dollars. In a situation where a player is promoted to AAGM mid season and the player has a salary below three million dollar, the lower salary will be retained. In order for a player to be promoted to AGAM mid season, the player must either be on the team's roster or must be acquired via trade.

In my honest opinion, despite the FUCKERY that has gone on this season, this is the worst. This is spelled out clear as day in the rules and the league is deciding to leave it legal which is utterly inexcusable and disgusting if I can be completely blunt. According to the rules HOW can you deem this legal. In TWO different places it says that they either have to be on your roster or acquired through a trade. Pretty simple poll and should be a pretty simple and easy to come answer. What is the point of having rules if they wont be followed? This league has turned into who can scum bag the most, while the majority of us put in a ton of time and do everything clean and by the book yet we are the ones that get fucked over in the end.

Side Note
    There has been two trades this season in the AHL that are despicable and in no way should be allowed.
    One trade the AGM said that the team was offered WAY more then what their GM accepted and he also said there is NO way he would have took that trade.
    The other, a GM is admitting to giving up on the season, openly saying he is going to do whatever he can to fuck over his organization and then taking a trade that was SUPREMELY less than what about 8 GMS offered.

Why play if 1) rules are going to be completely broken to benefit certain teams 2) teams are going to trade away their best players for peanuts when their agm doesn't think the deal is fair or when a GM is doing it to fuck over his organization?

Why am I grinding every day to make sure I have the best team possible when shit like this is happening? I can guarantee 75% of GM/AGMs agree with me and those that dont agree, dont care or are the beneficiaries of idiots in the league.

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
    BAKE703
  2. Soapy412

Soapy412 The man, the myth, the legend.

Discord:
    Soapy412#5476
    Ratings:
    +423 / 27 / -20
    Bob Rooney never recovered when I undressed him two weeks ago to put the nail in the coffin... GG BRO :cool:

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    soapysam012
  3. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Lol hold up, so this WBS thing is being upheld when all the rules say otherwise? That HAS to be a joke, right?

Isn't Crass the one always making a stink about rules being followed? Does he change his mind when it's his team involved?

We need to hear the opinion of @Coach Crass on this one.

• Like Like x 4
    iMackie21
  4. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    "In order for a player to be promoted to AGAM mid season, the player must either be on the team's roster or must be acquired via trade."

I agree in part with Bake. There is nothing ambiguous or unclear about this rule. There is no penumbrae from which to pluck an alternative interpretation. That staff has failed to understand clearly written English in the past is no excuse to do so today.

How can anyone with a straight face interpret the quoted rule in any way but its plain written meaning? If you want someone to be your AGM mid-season, you must have or must obtain their rights. Getting a BOG to manually add them to your roster is not a legitimate means of getting their rights mid-season.

If we can't depend on staff to interpret even clear, unambiguous rules in a manner which doesn't conflict with the plain text of the rule, how is LG more than a banana league with a fancy website?

I love LG. I write what I have because it breaks my heart to see such insanity happen, and I can find no rational reason to explain it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Soapy412

Soapy412 The man, the myth, the legend.

Discord:
    Soapy412#5476
    Ratings:
    +423 / 27 / -20
    The grease is real is WBS, kind of pathetic if you ask me :thinking:

• Like Like x 6
    soapysam012
  6. New Michigan

New Michigan On the Lake

Discord:
    korey72#0
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -43
    I want my time back that I took to read this please.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    k72m
  7. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I have zero problems with this had this new AGM signed up for the league to be RA'd like every other player. At this point he gets RA'd to a team and WBS is now free to try and trade for him to become their new AGM (as written and completely legal according to the rulebook). I'd even go as far as to say that I'd be ok with the league stepping in and asking the team that the player got assigned too to make a FAIR trade with WBS so they can add a new member of management... None of this happened here... For Christ's sake they do this :poop: in LG Rocket League, but not here?

• Like Like x 4
    • Old Old x 1
    bossy_22_
  8. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    @LG McDonald @Tiddus

Real talk though, how can this rule be interpreted any way other than what how it is written? There's no contradicting rules, nothing. This is plain black and white, dude isn't eligible. Fix this shit. Crass always complains ya'll don't uphold your rules, so show him that you do.

iMackie21
  9. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    I'm gonna go find 5 top 5 6s players not signed up for LG and offer them 9 year 500k dealsto follow me where ever I go. I mean it seems legal

• Like Like x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    mattyhandz
  10. Petan l19l

Petan l19l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 28 / -17
    Lmao. And here I was thinking even if all the banana leagues are corrupt in some way shape or form, LG is for the most part reliable about sticking to the rule book and not giving free passes to whoever the BOGs buddies are.

Guess I was wrong. RIP

• Like Like x 2
    Hockeymad247
  11. Some Pylon

Some Pylon Some Pylon

Discord:
    Some Pylon#1484
    Ratings:
    +134 / 12 / -15
    It's the eastern conference anyways.. who fucking cares... they aint winning anything anyways.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SomePylon
  12. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Exactly this is some bananaleague shit, but it's at least somewhat understandable in those leagues because nobody gives a shit and there's a lack of players and managers so it's understandable. That's simply not the case here.

bossy_22_
  13. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    This is just an embarrassment that this is being allowed. how can a player bypass all the rules and be allowed to become agm? If he went through the proper process and was signed up i wouldnt mind the slightest. The fact that this is in the rules and is being ignored is absolute bullshit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  14. Hutty x

Hutty x Hutty x#0567

Ratings:
    +711 / 138 / -101
    "In order for a player to be promoted to AGM mid season, the player must either be on the team's roster or must be acquired via trade."

How In the fuck does the league allow WBS to get a free NHL calibre player?

I was told you could NOT have two "classified NHL players" as management. They now have this guy and aj. I'd classify them as NHL players.

What in the actual fuck, is this a banana league where you can pick anyone you want if you get your agm to quit?

They went from a guy who was -20 on the best team in the east to a NHL calibre d man taking his slot.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

TRIGGERED...

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    One vote for yes......35 votes for no...enough said

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. DudleyDoWright5

DudleyDoWright5 Diet David Letterman

Ratings:
    +698 / 38 / -40
    WBS and Crass do something illegal and I'm here like:

[​IMG]

Which outdated rule photo will they comment with now?

• Winner Winner x 4
    DudleyDoWright5
  17. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +459 / 1,376 / -1,549
    bunch of whiny fucking hypocrites. you guys bitch and moan everytime crass wants the rules followed. now when his team does something against the rules, you dedicate a whole thread and tag commishes. kettle meet pot GG.

• Get Good x 15
    • Dumb x 5
    • Dislike x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Troll x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  18. Bake703

Bake703 Shake it before you Bake it

Ratings:
    +1,136 / 188 / -101
    dont you have an NHL team to run into the ground? STFU and pay attention to your own league GG

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    BAKE703
  19. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    This thread wouldn't have been necessary if the BOGS took care of this on their own... I'm pretty sure @macros73 filed complaints days ago and was told it was legal...

• Like Like x 2
    bossy_22_
  20. l Glad l

l Glad l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jxstin731#2419
    Ratings:
    +882 / 224 / -388
    • Like Like x 3
    TheyCallMeGlad
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.