What in the literal fuck is going on with the AHL

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Bake703, Nov 28, 2016.

?

Should this be legal?

1. Yes

4.8%
  2. No

95.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    Staff is homeless this season, don't waste your time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Lokix6x
  2. Super Marky

Super Marky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 6 / -6
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    supermarkybros
  3. im just a squid

im just a squid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 25 / -27
    Surprised this didn't get locked or deleted yet

No Streaming Account
  4. Hainers

Hainers Thad Castle

Ratings:
    +344 / 25 / -16
    #COLLUSION

xOshie74x
  5. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Trying to have a few days away from the site and issues, yet I am sucked backed in to address concerns:

Valid first question, so I'll give the back story behind the ruling and from there you can formulate your own opinions.

Past practice and history has allowed players not signed up to step into mid season management roles. It even happened last season with @KillerCanadian8 on San Jose. If you look at his profile you'll see he accepted the offer mid season, which automatically added him to the roster for that team. No different than if you are a free agent in the off-season, and accept an offer. The only difference here is that Winston added Make Your Luck himself then Luck accepted the offer.

[​IMG]

There hasn't really been any uproar of this nature for this topic before today, but if I filter all the bullshit out of this thread there are some extremely legitimate concerns and valid points as well.

The section of Article One posted and quoted in the OP, was completed redone this season based on our predetermined AGM changes and such. Everything I wrote in that section I wrote considering that a player was already on the roster and I never considered and to be honest forgot that in past seasons have allowed players not signed up to simply accept those roles as well. Therefore what may appear as if the rules clearly state what has occurred cannot occur, the intent of the rule had nothing to do with this situation at all.

What gets confusing in this situation is that for many seasons this has always been allowed. I think over the last five or six seasons it has occurred at least once a season. I think the difference normally is the teams whom use this method of management replacement tend to be non playoff teams therefore it isn't made to be such a large deal in the end. Obviously with WBS being a good team, and adding a good player in that role that tends to raise a few more eye brows.

Being this late in the season, being that past precedent has been set to allow a transaction of this nature, it was determined that this move was fine.

I personally can admit I've considered closing this loop hole for many seasons now, simply because it could be foreseen as abuse. When it came to the adjustments this season I was focused too heavily on the new AGM process that I simply forgot to make any specific mention of this issue. That is on me more than anyone else, and for that I do apologize. This process is far game for the remainder of this season in situations where an AGM does step down. Keep that in mind that this is open to everyone else as well whom may need it.

Obviously due to the uproar and valid concerns I've seen and read, we will be sure to do our homework come this off-season to address this concern.

Yet another tough decision made this weekend by the BOG and if these determinations have pushed you away from continue to play of manage in LG, I do apologize. That clearly isn't ever our intent when making a ruling but at times the decisions made aren't easy and won't always set well with the entire community. I do appreciate your dedication to LG and continuing to make this league run smoothly, sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this or other issues may have caused you this weekend.

I've locked the thread as well, and not because of the questions or comments directed towards the decision or staff. It has been locked due to how far off topic it has gotten and how the level of personal attacks have reached a point whereby a line has to be drawn.

Any further questions can be directed to Tiddus and I.

Thanks
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.