xRednecksouljer

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by xRedneckSouljer, Jul 7, 2015.

1. xRedneckSouljer

xRedneckSouljer Sean Mathias #97

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am Currently a goalie who is trying to make some progress to "climb up the ranks". The LGCHL is kinda messy and im just trying to seek to some good advice on how to do so from someone..

No Streaming Account
  2. ByMercyAndGrace

ByMercyAndGrace Warrior Poet

Ratings:
    +881 / 20 / -58
    Hey there, fellow G here. There's several things that you can do to help yourself out.

First things first though, since it's your first season you're forced to play in the CHL full time. You can be used in higher leagues for emergency situations, but you can't move up full time. Yeah, the CHL can be a little crazy, but it is what you make it. Relax, have fun, get to know your GMs and teammates. Be an active member of the team, play club games, drops, etc. I had a good experience in the CHL when I was there, like I said, it is what you make it. If you go into it with a crappy attitude, you're probably going to have a crappy experience.

Then, theres the on ice stuff. You've got to get better. Unless you've got significant top level experience in other leagues, LG is going to kick you around for the first bit until you catch up to the speed of the game. I don't care what your drop in or EASHL club stats are. But good for you (and any other new people reading this) just playing with your team is going to help you. Another word of advice, treat your teammates with respect, if theres a bad read/play don't rage all over them. It won't help, and will most likely just alienate you from your teammates.

As far as playing G goes, theres actually a really good youtube channel called JustinToGaming that has some grea tutorials for goalies in particular. (I want my advertising fee [MENTION=12730]JmOnEy2436[/MENTION])

Heres a link so you can check out the channel: https://youtu.be/xVcMRwOMDE4

So in short, keep your head up, don't be a jerk, and be teachable. If you can do that you'll do fine.

• Like Like x 9
    Bymercyandgrace
  3. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord:
    TDK_95#8433
    Ratings:
    +373 / 7 / -2
    Adding to this, let the management above you know you exist, but don't push the issue. Try and grab a few ECU games in the AHL and NHL this season, you'll meet people and if you do well enough it will only improve your stock.

Do NOT annoy the AHL or NHL management. There is a very fine line to this. Some can be pestered more than others, but most are usually down to play or need a backup G at some point or another if you make your presence felt.

I got my start back in Sudbury S11 of VHL with @PahkTheCah1387, and now for the most part our name is out there to most people (for distinctly different reasons, mind you.) All you gotta do is stop the puck, do that and you'll be fine. :)

• Like Like x 3
    TDK95
  4. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Optional**

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  5. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    I'm JustinToGaming, and I approve this message

TheCreasePolice
  6. xRedneckSouljer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Watched a few videos and im now using some things you showed and ive found some to be very helpful!!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. xRedneckSouljer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account