Wimbledon T1 2007

Discussion in 'BMO NXT LVL Division - Next Gen' started by Probert, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gentlemen,

Welcome to the first Tournament of our inaugural Virtua Tennis League. Per your votes, Wimbledon will be our first tournament, a nod to the classic heritage of this great sport.

We have a total of 8 players signed up to play, with one additional conditional signup should we need another. We will be starting this Wimbledon Tournament with 4 pairs/teams, meaning everyone has made it through to the semi-finals. Congratulations!

All matches will be played to the best of three sets, with each set consisting of 6 games with a game 7 tie-breaker. I will be testing and finalizing settings this evening, with an update posted in this forum later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Up next on the agenda is team assignments. I'm going to write down the names of all the players in the tournament and toss them into my "Original Six" NHL baseball cap here at the office. I'm then going to place it behind me and without looking extract names until all doubles pairs have been matched up.

From there I will number each doubles pair and repeat the aforementioned process to determine the semi-final matchups. Winning teams will face each other in the finals, while runner-up teams will face each other to determine third and fourth place.

Tournament points will be as follows:
    First Place: 40 Points
    Second Place:25 Points
    Third Place: 15 points
    Fourth Place: 5 Points

These points will carry over to future tournaments, new doubles pairs will be created/assigned for each tournament to give everyone a chance to team up and get to know each other. Future tournaments to be played following a successful Wimbledon: US Open, French Open, Australian Open. A season champion will be crowned after all Majors have been played.

Players Currently Signed Up
    Tris10
    Fiddy
    M4rt1n0nhl
    murph
    bakedbaz
    nyet
    papernut
    NF0RC3R P3T3

Teams will be announced later today.

-Pete

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007