Why Eshl Will Never Grow

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by NerdyMamba, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JoPz-95

JoPz-95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -8
    I Love You Lap. ❤️ VGSHARKS4LIFE

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    @jonlol I do agree that one console would help out the eshl theme.
    And you're doing a great job along with everyone else involved running it.

NerdyMamba
  3. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    I'm not a console gamer I mean @xBealski is only reason I am. The man gave me his ps3 when ps4 came out, and got me a ps4 so I could play LG with him.
    Other wise I'd still have no idea what LG was lol. @xTheos l7l will tell everyone in NHL 14 my first year of NHL I wasn't very good lol. I played 2000-3000 drops.
    Then I played 15 and learned what club was and what vg was.
    And so on...

But I'd be an idiot if I said no one helped me get good at the game and I'd be dumb to say people like @xTheos l7l or guys like jmarz @DomSquad100 who introduced me to clubbing.

I'm the biggest troll there is but end of the day I'm a good guy to everyone and if someone asked me how to get better I'd tell them. I'm not asking people to hold people's hands out here but there was a time where I sucked and good players helped me out.
    And before u say oh Alex but I played so many vs games to get good at the game cool so did I but end of the day you met a group of guys who took ya in and you got better.
    The club scene then vs now is just completely different. And I never played 09-13

• Winner Winner x 2
    NerdyMamba
  4. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    Final thing I'll say before my Vaca is that to get good at anything takes grinding and motivation, sometimes all it takes is one word to make a difference and I mean maybe not everyone sees it that way and that is cool.
    Take a look at Florida's roster and lemme know how many names you really know. @Lazy Pedestrian spent time helping some of the dmen and lazy will tell you himself he isn't very good but he took the time to play with some of the guys and give a few pointers and we noticed a huge difference. Advice can change and motivate people.. I'm not going to troll someone who isn't very good at the game cause then what kind of person does that make me. Anyways adios boys enjoy the rest of your summers!!

Also remember there is a reason this post has 17 winners right now and not 17 dumbs because what I said is how a lot of people feel. I don't expect to change anyone you're who you're if you were born an asshole I'm not your Dada.

• Winner Winner x 1
    NerdyMamba
  5. P t P 10

P t P 10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +629 / 84 / -81

Couldn't agree with you more

ptp_prot3ction
  6. LEGAL x 76

LEGAL x 76 TriHard 7

Discord:
    Leg_al#7065
    Ratings:
    +513 / 57 / -320
    @j_marz25

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    legiticetilt
  7. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    IMG_1669.GIF

Great write up mamba you nailed it

• Winner Winner x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  8. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    NerdyMamba
  9. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    Well if this thread isn't a crock of shit. I can't tell if it's a troll or not. I'll assume it's serious..

Sorry dude, but the harsh reality is this is a videogame, and we're trying to create a more competitive environment. Nobody that plays ESHL asked to be your rolemodel or someone you look up to (This is taking things way too far, really think about that for a minute).

It's not those players responsibilities to encourage others (im sleep). If someone or someteam is worried they aren't good enough to enter, than that's on them - not us. I wouldn't join the most competitive tournament on NHL if I figured it would be a waste of time either. Man, I keep reading this thread and see you relating it like it's WWE or something, and you're trying to say everyone else is young fans aspiring to be like their heros! Come on, it's the internet and a videogame. If someone gets their panties in a bunch because I said ESHL is for the best players and teams, then you're right they probably shouldn't sign up. The whole point is to either A) Be competitive, or B) Learn and gain experience. If you can't do either, just keep playing div 4 hockey then I guess; nothing wrong with that. The players who actually want to learn, get better, and establish a name for themselves - they don't have the kind of attitude you present with this thread. Throwing responsibility onto others. No, the responsibility is on one person, you. Enough with this blame game nonsense you're trying to get across here.

It's not up to anyone here to motivate other people...if they wanna do it they can do it. There's plenty of opportunities in the LG shoutbox of good clubs and players looking to add a random person for the night.

This whole thread is attempting to put some blame game bs on the good clubs and players. It's an excuse for you and them (if you're trying to speak for them). There's been millions of opportunities all year in the shoutbox for random people to play with good clubs when they need an extra body. How is that denying anyone to get better?

I used to be a 3's player with some IRL buddies years ago. We thought we were pretty good and wanted to try our hand at 6's. So we recruited people from freaking OTP and played together on our club called Blood, Sweat, and Tears until we got good enough to compete with the better clubs. We probably lost most games vs the elites, but they were close games and that's what mattered most. You know who motivated us back when we were trying to get better? Ourselves. You have it even easier now to recruit players because the good ones all play on LG. Heck you can even watch people stream and study what they do, you don't even need to play with the good clubs now to learn, I wasn't able to do that back then. The point is if you can't find your OWN motivation to get better, you never will. This game is like anything else in life, you put the time in and youll get better.

What I was really saying in that thread is if you aren't ready to compete with the best talent, and if you will get super discouraged if you lose to them, then yes this tournament is not for you.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    People have asked me how to get better and I've always given advice, but it seems to me that never really works. I got good because honestly I got lucky and got on @GoHawks496 SPNHL team on old gen. and after that season I was lucky enough that they asked me to club with them a few times and playing with Jensen and 47 ultimately was what turned me from a good player to a great player. You have to play with people better than you and watch how they play and study what they do that makes them successful at the game. You also need decent knowledge of the actual sport and decent natural talent/thumbs. Also adapting to each game and learning the mechanics so you can figure out what you can get away with and what you cant, is huge. For example, in nhl 17 I can abuse the puck chop on breakout passes, thus, I dont need to be right on the guy to technically cover him, but in nhl 18 you cant abuse the puck chop mechanic so I had to adapt and actual cover the guy on breakout passes. It's stuff like that people don't adapt to even though in my eyes it's super straight forward. At the end of the day I grinded years to get where I am today, it takes time and effort, and sometimes even a little bit of luck on your side.

Also, I agree the egos need to chill on the higher level of play. But there's just as many egos at the lower level of play than there is at the higher level. It goes both ways, we're not going to help people that talk shit to us get better at the game. By all means, if you're willing to take criticism and genuinely want to get better, then hit me up

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Class_Act_27
  11. l1l Bones l3l

l1l Bones l3l BBB Owner

Ratings:
    +827 / 40 / -41
    Winner

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    BonesOnDemand
  12. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    First of all, I think it's @jdheagle- 's responsibility to hold my hand and make me a better player.

Second of all:

This is true. But the important thing to realize is that most of you... I'll say us, most of us are sociopaths. This is a video game. It doesn't matter if you're good or not. It doesn't matter if Class thinks you're cool (he doesn't), it doesn't matter if kerns thinks you suck (he does) and it doesn't matter if you score 60 goals in a season playing on a line with a bunch of guys who are much better than you but are kind enough to not take credit for going into full backpack mode, or if you want so badly to win you'd make second and third accounts or if you get caught cheating, get banned but still lowkey run a team because somehow your legacy is at stake. This is pretend. You're not a better person for being a top player in this game. You're arguably a worse person the more you talk about it. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out. Doesn't matter if ESHL grows or not, you'll grow out of it in two years anyway and no one will remember you anyway. Go make friends while you're here and have fun, you fucking dummies.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    NerdyMamba
  14. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    @Class_Act_27 Tyler is this you? Hahaha nice Lil write up buddy.
    I agree egos are everywhere lol.

NerdyMamba
  15. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    @B-Bunny I don't know what to tell yeah buddy... guess it got under your skin a Lil too much.
    Go drink a beer! Take a break.

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    NerdyMamba
  16. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    To be fair mamba we played together day in and day out until you got to the biggies and then I haven't heard from you for ohhhh like 2 years. Lol

• Winner Winner x 3
    ibi2iinik
  17. jaZz134

jaZz134 Jackie #2069

Discord:
    jazz134#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 11 / -24
    If something is dead it cannot grow.

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. XxFiftyinFiftyxX

XxFiftyinFiftyxX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 5 / -10
    Honestly I don't get why the "top players" own anybody anything. Doesn't that seem a little bit ridiculous to everyone? It is not like they are in the real NHL and owe anything to the fans. I imagine the majority of players in this community go to work/school, come home to spend time with their family, and log on PSN to wind down a little bit. Should people expect them to log on and teach people how to get better?

I didn't play 17 much but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to get better. I mean LG is basically the biggest stepping stool you can have to make yourself a better player. I just don't think anybody should be looking up to people that you don't even know what they look like. Doesn't that sound absurd to you?

There are many reasons the community has failed to grow (reason #1 being that a hockey game simply doesn't attract the most people) but blaming it on top players is comical. ESHL is supposed to be for fun and I believe that is truly what everybody wants it to be. Go ahead and call the top players losers and say they have no life, but at the end of the day you are on a forum, talking shit about them for something that doesn't even exist.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. xCr0sbyXx87

xCr0sbyXx87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 37 / -53
    Why do you guys continue to make threads like this? Eshl will grow it just takes time....you guys compare eshl (Xbox) to ps4 like LG hasn't been around on Xbox for 30 seasons compared to our 6. LG attracts players who haven't been introduced to a club style league before which in return attracts them to all of LG's other leagues.

The thing about top tier players should motivate and help the lesser tier players get better is probably the most ridiculous thing I have read out of any of these dumb posts. From nhl09 - nhl15 I played center in a club of 3 players Max with CPU goalies. I never player goalie in that span. Nhl16 is when I first started playing goalie as a "middle sitter" and through my 1st full season on LG. Jonlol even made a video on how to beat a middle sitter with me in it lol. Updates to the game have made me adapt from a middle sitter to a Standup goalie. If u play against me today you will see I don't ever hit L2 or R2 which button drops to butterfly I can't remember right now lol. I didn't need guidance from the better guys to get to how I am today just takes practice and I don't wanna hear "well you were still a kid or you sit at home all day" because I don't I'm 24 years old I work 70 hours a week and come home to 2 kids everyday it doesn't take alot of time/games to get good at something you want to get better at. So stop playing the blame game because you want a reason as to why u aren't good at a video game. No-one cares really.

Eshl is basically brand new to alot of people so you can't expect it to develop a high volume of sign-ups after just 1 season. Hell LG is practically still new and is growing overtime which will eventually translate to the growth of eshl. You talk about eventually moving to 1 console to help improve eshl but what do you gain from that? I highly doubt you will get 150+ people to buy a new $200+ console to play eshl. I see maybe you gain 3 teams by moving to 1 console which really isn't worth it. I hear great things are coming to season 2 of eshl and I am excited to participate in it just stop making these stupid threads. The only threads that should be relevant to ESHL are updates for next season.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I hope to see you in LG/Eshl next season!

• Like Like x 1
    xcr0sbyxx87
  20. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    Jesus people take things so literal lol I'm not saying people need to hold hands out here and sing songs haha. I know how I have gotten gpod at every game I've ever played and it's from meeting really good players. If you don't wanna help people don't no one is telling you that you have to no one is making you. But if you want better players that's how it's done.. @lBl2llNlK sorry buddy I don't really touch NHL anymore bbg how's the kid!!! Miss u.

End of the day your opinions that suggest this post is insane then I'm sorry to hear that you never got to experience the sheer joy of a good community;)

NerdyMamba