Why Eshl Will Never Grow

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by NerdyMamba, Aug 22, 2017.

1. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    I know this has been a hot topic lately with everyone from every level commenting on it. Which are they going to play and what not.

Why NHL will never grow as an E-Sport is soley on the community in itself. NHL is probably by far one of the most cocky and toxic community. And I'll say this that there are players that look up to other players but I mean the people they are looking up to are arrogant and don't wanna help make this community better.

I keep seeing we need more teams for pro series being said. Maybe if the top %of the community actually encouraged players who weren't as good and told them how to get better they might slowly actually get better.

I read something bbunny said about pro series only being for the best of the community. That's where you lose right there.. those people that looked up to you who maybe we're average just went wow this guy I look up to said I'm not good enough to even try it.

Being really good at a game comes with the responsibility to wanting to make the community grow. End of the day people are looking up to you.
    Everytime I play Jam with a few buddy's they are like omg it's jam they are so goood. I'm not going to say yeah but they are assholes but say yeah!! If you wanna get that good you gotta play a lot and keep working on things.

This is a sad reality I've played many fps games at a high level competitvely sure you run into the od team of dickheads but majority will say good game and if the other team wasn't very good they asked for tips we gave them.

If you want to get this community to grow "better" then its up to the good players to motivate people to wanting to get better. If not you chose the wrong game to be good at because end of the day you're bragging about NHL.. a game only 1000 people online daily.
    This community is far to small to deny anyone the chance to get better.
    -Cheers From the Mamba
    The Harsh But True Reality..
    I'm ready to talk to some egos
    Vvvvvvvvvv

• Winner x 47
    • Like x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    NerdyMamba
  2. SkillzPayBills3

SkillzPayBills3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -67
    The perception that elites play alot is actually not true. Average CHEL gamers prob play the same or more then us. I know on JAM we get on at like 10:30 est to play a couple biggies then hop off the only guy that grinds the game all day on our team is rickchel98.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Skillzpay3
  3. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I agree with your viewpoint. I wanted / still want to help jonlol make this a big deal and possibly competitive but don't think it has the entertaining game / numbers to do so.

BUT

This legit isn't even close to the truth. I'm not saying because you're a liar and stupid, I'm making my point that you're slightly ignorant to how other communities are.

Take 5 minutes to go watch random videos of CS:GO, CoD, etc on youtube and watch the type of shit you get in return as far as toxicity / etc.

There's far more JAM / Composure type teams (as in they stay together, stay elite, learn to play together), but holy fuck the toxicity and cockiness of people who legit have achieved MINUSCULE feats (Winning GB tournament, going 25-0 in ranked, IP Flooding / hacking pros accounts) compared to the upper echelon of that same game is just astounding, and it's just at a much larger and more toxic level NHL could ever think of.

Which you know makes sense, considering the amount of money on the line compared to this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Primetimme1
  4. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    Definately the size of the community that ruins it & lack of good 6s. Back in the day when I'd run 6s with multiple teams a day on the box I'd mostly play different teams & players day by day & it kept it competitive but rewarding. I also felt the skill gap was much larger back then too as in you could change a game when you least expect it or someone could go off & completely swing the tide. Now I'm sweating like Nick Klein in a church trying to stop turds or score turds bc its the way to play & everyone turns like tractor trailers and moves slower than rocket leagues fps on psn. Game isn't as fun & the community dying shows that. Hopefully 18 is better but I only see slight improvements & still not as fun or flashy as it used to be. I do agree though that there are a lot of elite level players and average kids who are overwhelmingly toxic but you find that in every community. The best players give criticism & don't just shit on everyone.

• Like Like x 3
    DynoMike25
  5. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    When you guys were younger you guys were on 24/7

• Winner Winner x 1
    NerdyMamba
  6. nO Undies On

nO Undies On Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +692 / 4 / -13
    Idk about PS4 but on Xbox none of the top teams play at all during the day.. and it's been like that for the past 5 years. As for the toxic community.. that doesn't have much to do with player growth.. I've never heard someone say "I'm not playing this game because the players are so mean"...unfortunately NHL doesn't even come close to selling enough copies to make it "esports worthy", and if it did, there would need to be a heck of a lot more people playing eashl for them to even consider it. It's all about making money.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    I've played csgo since it came out have around 3500 hours legit get on spend an hour before I play aim training and what not all because I watched a YouTube video and watch streamers say it's the only way to get better.

I agree that there is aids in cod community and csgo community I'd definitely be ignorant to say their isn't. But it's the magnitude, there's consistently 200000 online for csgo. When I play esea pugs and 10 man scrims they'll be the odd wanker you run into and even I'll tell people they shouldn't be playing at this level of competition. I'll tell them as nicely as I can to Dm aim map and try to get to a decent mm rank before playing it so they don't waste their time.

Hockey though for the amount of people in it, it is really bad there's no support and it is very clicky. I'll play scrims with premier and have played with couple pro players and they just support you here there is no support lol.

NerdyMamba
  8. The Nerdy Mamba

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    For sure for sure. Same time though if they want eshl to grow then it's about growing the community first. Other wise eshl will never go anywhere if you know what I mean.

NerdyMamba
  9. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    If you suck, you should play eshl so I can win more money. Is that motivating?

• Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    jdheagle
  10. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    There are a handful of top level players out there helping other people out. I don't think the responsibility relies solely on those people to help the lesser skilled people out. Part of it is just being competitive and wanting to be better, which i don't think a lot of people have the drive to do in this community some times (its a video game too, so like why the fuck would they?). Part of that is just the size of it. We have a small community and it means theres a lot of separation between some teams. The other part of it is people have the tendency to do the exact same things over and over again, wonder why it doesn't work, blame the game, rinse and repeat. That's the attitude that has to get left behind to get better. Yes, there are issues with the game, but there are also ways to avoid those issues. Top level players don't let shit like that effect them performance wise.

There is a huge plan in the works about ESHL and we're going to make it grow. The solution to the first problem of helping teams grow is by splitting the divisions into Invite and Open to allow for new teams to play competitive games against teams of similar skill level. Eventually they'll be solid enough to climb to the Invite division, or they won't and they'll split up and reform to make new teams... that's the goal at least.

Your view of other game communities is definitely a little off. The huge FPS communities may have more nice players and teams, but that's just because they're bigger communities. The percentage of toxic, elitist pricks is way higher. Top teams on PS4 aren't remotely as toxic as some top teams on xbox, who aren't remotely as toxic as top teams for other games.

Again, the most important take aways are - 1. we have a ton of people contributing to make ESHL way better for NHL 18. You should start hearing some news soon. 2. If you want to get better it requires the desire to change and realize you're bad. It means leaving your friend's club to go play with better players because this game is weighted more in team play than it is in individual play. Stop blaming the game, find other dudes who want to get better and play with them. When you stop getting better with those guys, go play with someone else who's better. Keep working your way up.

There's no secret, it's not just going to come to you by grinding this game with shitty players all day.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    eashlgoalie
  11. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    Yeah well back in 10-12 you could play at 3pm or 10pm & run in to Kontenders or CCC or Dream Killers, back when the game was fast paced - fun & when people had time they usually hopped right on the box, I was younger & deff had more free time but the amount of teams playing 6s dwarfed what you or we have now. Someone will say "you remember things differently" or whatever but thats just misguided.

There's also some elites who think the only good clubs are 2-3 and thats it when most of the playstation teams who competed in ESHL actually had some good games against top tier teams - same mentality for back in the day when truthfully there was a lot more club activity & I'd say there were 40-60 good teams just for 6s not including Europeans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DynoMike25
  12. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    I used to be arrogant I'll admit, but I don't see myself being much of an asshole anymore like i used to be. Our team is just a bunch of trolls. I mean, i left piper to go play with new people, is that not trying to help the community? Also, my team is a bunch of trolls and nothing they say should be taken serious

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Class_Act_27
  13. syngizzam

syngizzam Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SynGizzam#4893
    Ratings:
    +121 / 3 / -6
    All you can do is get better. Do you think all the greats had people show them how to be great? They figured it out. People who can't adapt will get left in the dust. I do agree that the egos are terrible, but the main issue is the community size. It's alot harder to get good at this game if you don't play with a consistent good group of people. I'm not sure what we are looking for when this is one of the least played sports games. There won't be much of an audience for a game that just isn't that popular. That really falls on the game developers and marketing team. Not the guys who are good at the game.

SynGizzam
  14. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Eventually ESHL will need to combine into one console if our community doesn't grow significantly. I think regardless that's the right move, but that won't be determined for a while so no need to panic.

@Class_Act_27 you definitely are less of a dick. At the same time it's nice you did that, but it ain't gonna help anyone become better at the game.

eashlgoalie
  15. Bloop_33

Bloop_33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 7 / -10
    I agree that the NHL community is very toxic towards new players. Here is my take on it:

I've ran a club since NHL 13 incorporating people from my GMC league who mostly never played 6's before, or from my Madden league which is guys new to NHL entirely. Once LG came to PSN, about 12 of us started up in LG and most of us did pretty well, but we don't play like KingClutch or CC Piper. People in NHL like a certain style and even if a guy plays just as effectively in his own way, guys will complain about him. That's an issue if we're trying to grow our community. Even the nicest guys i know in the NHL community will complain about a certain style, even if it produces results.

Also, the racist remarks people for some reason like to make really don't lend itself well to new players. it's something I've never understood about some people in this community.

Anyways, it is what it is, I don't see it changing.

ESHL is OBSOLETE.

No Streaming Account
  16. LaPlante94

LaPlante94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this community is cocky or toxic at all. I think it's filled with a lot of sarcastic people and some take what others say too seriously and flip out.

You can't blame the better players for the community not getting bigger. imo I think EA has pushed a lot of the better players away from this game because since NHL 13 they've taken the skill aspect of the game away. NHL 13 you had everyone thinking they were elite goalies because they could make a 6'9 goalie and middle sit and save everything. Now that you can't do that you're lucky to see 5-10 good goalies on each console. NHL 14 I think they introduced one touch dekes. Idk why they thought this was a good idea, but since then you have average players thinking they're good because they can spam these all game now. Seems like they care more about the presentation of the game over gameplay itself. Might attract a few casual players looking for a new game to play but as someone who enjoys playing competitive 6v6 games this gets old fast.

This is a video game. If people consider me good at the game I shouldn't feel obligated to help them get better. I had to grind offline Be a Pro in NHL 09 and VS to become the player I am. Took me until half way through NHL 13 to get comfortable playing 6s.

TBH, most top clubs on NHL are very predictable. Not those players fault people are too dumb to not be able to know the play they've done probably 20 times in one game is coming again. This is a sports game too, so you have to have some knowledge of that sport to be somewhat decent imo. It's not like COD where you just have to have map knowledge and good reaction time/connection and maybe a bit of luck to be a top player.

Also, I think a lot of top players have tried to help people get better, especially goalies. I mean how many times do you have to tell a goalie to always hold short side before you give up? Or tell a C to lock down the slot and give the D a breakout option instead of hanging up at the red line.

Maybe the communities just dumb and that's why it doesn't grow. Maybe that's why they don't understand all the sarcasm. :thinking:

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  17. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Nailed it

No Streaming Account
  18. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    Ccc ftw...xbox boys on ccc might make a come back for 18

• Like Like x 1
    zBernatchez
  19. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    So many great clubs I didn't even mention bro...I had so many friends that I've lost over the years from them not playing anymore or me switching consoles. Its a bit depressing. 100 friend max on xbox & when I'd sign on there's 70 ppl on NHL, along with a few party invites - was the good times for sure. OTP was also hilarious with me & @SneakyZeek literally pissing off all our teammates bc we were 9/10 so much better & smarter than the filthy casuals.
    Zeek literally would tear ppl a new asshole consistently & I wish we had the streaming software we do now.

Best is when someone called zeek gay & he completely embraced it to the point where the guy eventually gave up.

I loved Get in the Van & Malkin in the Middle - and even my games with Seared & Matt kitty cat - even if I wasn't great I enjoyed the game & loved pulling off sweet goals.

/endrant

• Winner Winner x 1
    DynoMike25
  20. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    Good times ccc made me lol so many years ago and we still all talk to eachother still

• Like Like x 1
    zBernatchez