Who has the most skill?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Jg3542jg, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which position do you feel takes the most overall skill in NHL17?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2016.
  1. Center

29.9%
  2. Winger

4.7%
  3. Defense

34.6%
  4. Goalie

17.8%
  5. Zamboni driver

13.1%
  1. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    Solid response, but I do think it does take a good D to read plays and make sure you are in position with a breakout, turn over, and in the offensive zone. It takes a lot to read the play as a good D. Any good center and or wing knows how to back check and play the stick. Just because a center has to play front of net a little doesn't mean the D men themselves can not. I vote D all day. A goalie relies on D to cover everything.

ibi2iinik
  2. SteelCityFan17

SteelCityFan17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 4 / -24
    Not sure whats more ridiculous....that someone in the NHL world actually thinks like this above or the fact it coming from a dude thats a GM o_O lol.

FYI knowing how to postion yourself playing D (AKA-Postioning) is a skill in its self...Js.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. xCaptainComeback

xCaptainComeback Well known member

Ratings:
    +170 / 28 / -19
    Very interesting results so far. There was a reason I gave center its own choice but defense is a lot more than positioning, you also have to have hands and good decision making skills. I am surprised wingers are getting so few votes, yes in its basics it is straight forward but GOG forwards are very creative and have play making skills, hands, and can snipe.

No Streaming Account
  4. Rantalion34

Rantalion34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +551 / 63 / -136
    The thing about playing wing is that your brain for the most part can kinda go into auto pilot. What I mean by this is usually you can just do the same things as you would normally and find some success. Now when you come across a beast of a D man this is where you really actually have to try to get creative. Usually the first few rushes you can figure out what type of D man you are up against and adjust accordingly.

No Streaming Account
  5. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    What I find funny is the fact that I have said the same thing in here as jclaus just worded differently. Yet people want to disagree with me and agree with him. You miss my point completely. Center is the most skilled position. Defence is more about being smart. You can be a good defenceman with 0 deking skills as long as you can make the easy pass. I'm not discrediting that some defenceman are highly skilled but lots of good ones are not and will tell you that themselves. They'll say "I play defence since I can't score". Defence is mostly about smarts not skill. If your an idiot but have good skills you usually end up being a winger that doesn't pass the puck. If your an idiot and try to play defence you will suck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Bizzibiz

Bizzibiz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 64 / -30
    Enforcing my post on a Center. I took this as to "who can be removed and still be ok" and the center is the ONLY position that required utmost "skill" imho. You can play well with a shit wing, a bad defender or a weak goalie. But a bad center? Nah..won't win many games.

As a defender sure there are skills needed. Mostly smarts like mentioned. Positioning, play anticipation and quick decision making. When to hit, where to send the puck, whos about to get open, when to cut off the wrap, when to pinch, when to press the blue or step up and make a hit. All of these (to me) aren't really skills per say. I guess they could be but it depends what we are calling skills here.

There are a handful of dmen with those deking hands, the ridiculous passes and the snipe shot. Rare but they are there. Even more rare are the ones with those skills who actually play solid defense too lol. Now those guys are diamonds! On the big picture though a team can do without that type of dman and win lots of games however. So yeah...even though my vote was a dman I stand with a skilled Center. He's gotta do what every dman can, and what ever winger should be able to do along with winning faceoffs, net positioning, board support, slot coverage in both zones and on and on.

No Streaming Account
  7. goalieman92

goalieman92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's a video game didn't know that took skill

No Streaming Account
  8. goalieman92

goalieman92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Now that I got my dbag post out of the way I think most important position is center but more important than skills are how the center thinks. He has to be responsible on d, lead the breakout, and be the high guy in cycle but he didn't have to have the nicest skillful moves as long as he plays a smart game

No Streaming Account
  9. Bizzibiz

Bizzibiz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 64 / -30
    We can all agree it's not the EA programmers and game testers. Fn noobs...

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. syngizzam

syngizzam Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SynGizzam#4893
    Ratings:
    +121 / 3 / -6
    I still think people are getting lost on the current question, its not about the most important position but the most skilled. Look at how well sloshy is doing on center this year. Defensive responsibilities of a center are fairly simple compared to a defensemans. Its also harder to create offense on Defense. Your center doesn't need to be highly skilled to succeed as well, there are tons of successful defensive centers. So that argument doesn't hold much weight. We should be asking if it takes more skill to be an elite shut down center who dominates offensively. Or an elite shut down defenseman who dominates offensively. I think the latter gets the edge.

SynGizzam
  11. xDeal89

xDeal89 check your watch, its my time

Discord:
    xdealynder89#0
    Ratings:
    +99 / 72 / -20
    Center is most important

dealzzzzz
  12. PatEthic

PatEthic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 16 / -28
    It just shows how all the positions are important to succeed :)

Patque20
  13. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    I'd say a skilled defender is much more valuable than a skilled center. I'm a center, but I can't stress enough how much easier it is on the forwards when we have a defender that is impactful in all three zones. True two way defenders, guys who can keep the puck out of their end and drive the offense, are much harder to come by than skilled centers. If they weren't, there'd be a lot more in LG.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    2wayhockey
  14. OffspringElement

OffspringElement Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -2
    I totally agree.

No Streaming Account
  15. Slo_Mobius

Slo_Mobius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 9 / -16
    #defensivepositioningisskill

No Streaming Account
  16. Daylight99

Daylight99 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Youre as good as your Goalie is boys...especially this year with players crashing the net hard,all these shots deflected and the SPECTACULAR WrapAround,Way too effective in my opinion...Goalies with skills are precious.They have to be always at the right spot in their crease,they have to read quickly whats coming,need top reaction time and they got to use the right move at the right time

No Streaming Account
  17. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    well defense does win championships, and then again, sarnia didn't win last year.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  18. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    Management fucked up. Had nothing to do with the team. Hey did you get traded again lol? That's too bad

No Streaming Account
  19. Defianttz

Defianttz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 3 / -8
    • Like Like x 1
    defianttz20
  20. High_Voltage34

High_Voltage34 I'm a nice guy but don't piss me off

Ratings:
    +58 / 15 / -11
    Its Center by a landslide if you don't have a center that actually plays like a 3rd defenceman your whole team will look bad hence why my team looks so bad. Centers have the most responsibility and most centers don't know how to play it properly.

Worrel1980