Western's Pacific division: A team-by-team analysis

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by NH4JP, Feb 7, 2016.

1. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    WESTERN'S PACIFIC DIVISION

The Pacific division is the worse division in the league. Thanks to the previous owners of the Arizona Coyotes and the San Jose Sharks. Theses pioneers and real heroes disappeared from the map after bringing their team to the ground in a hit and run fashion sabotage fest.

Credits:

I'd like to share the credits with @EvO who spent some of his time providing me with additional information/input on a couple of players that was unknown to me. While he did not take part in the analysis writing process, the info he gave me played an important role in making sure this article was based on facts and not fiction. The result would not have been the same if it wasn't for him.

Team-by-team analysis:

:team31: Anaheim Ducks
    45GP-21W-20L-4 OTL-46PTS; currently ranked 4th in the Pacific division.

When @Polska_B0SS_780 was pushed out of San Jose's ownership and was given the Anaheim Ducks to take over he probably thought that he had a better team to work with...If he did then he was right. The guy certainly doesn't lack heart, passion and dedication but his inexperience in general gets the upper hand when it comes to negociating trades with the big dogs of the league.

Offense (rating: C) : The Ducks offense is composed of a bunch of grinders. However they still can count on a couple decent low contract players such as @Alexqc9 , @biggjoker and polska himself. @Carmstrong95 and @rich2k8 are good players but their inability to carry a team labels them as overpaid players. The same logic applies to GM @Westbygod but he's on a 0$ contract.

Defense (rating: D) : This is where it gets ugly. One or a couple of them might be borderline decent at the game but this defensive squad definitely won't do the job in the long run.

Goaltending (rating: B+): Anaheim is spending a total of 8.25M$ on goaltenders @sparkplug87 nic and Jfpunx ( @jonlol ). Statistics tells us that the 6M$ goalie in question is failing at fullfilling expectations so far this season because he's too busy making youtube videos about how to beat up the other goalies in the league. One thing for sure is that the Ducks desperately need him to focus and play as good as he's known for. The sad part is that he's condemned to face up to 10 breakaways per game until changes are made within the team. Practicing in Online shootout mode would help.

Clinching a playoff spot will be very difficult for theses guys. Polska will need to lead by exemple by selling his soul and throwing all his heart and passion on and off the ice to win his players' loyalty.

Edit: The Ducks just traded a 1st rounder for King__Ramon. While ramon is a good defenceman it doesn't change the observations made in my analysis. He'll definitely help when he'll be on the line up but overall he won't be the difference maker.

Anaheim Ducks overall rating: C

:team28: Arizona Coyotes
    45GP-7W-35L-3OT-17PTS; currently ranked 7th in the Pacific division.

This team has been a spectacular shit show so far. Nobody knows what the hell is happening there and to be honest, i don't think anybody cares. After doing quite a good bidding job, It's previous owner(s) decided to rape their team in the arse with a 3 inch diameter, one foot long cucumber before YOLO'ing the fuck out of the league.

New owner @iMC3dxx is a god damn hero, role model and the leader this world deserves. Accepting to plunge his hands into this shitty team to try and fix shit up should instantly make the guy eligible to the LGHL's Hall Of Fame. No jokes. Arizona's season is already over and everbody knows it. He has to be thinking about the upcomming off-season draft session while still putting up valid line ups every week. He has no other choice than to tank the season in order to draft LGHL's S2 Connor McDavid.

Offense (rating: F): When it comes to winning in Arizona, there's only one guy that can make it happen: @JoPz-95 . This dude is pretty much the gangstiest gangsta player in the league and the words out in the streets are saying that real G's like him are worth 1st rounders in today's market. If he spits just enough motivational lyrics in the mic to boost his teammates confidence, the Yotes might have a slight chance to win another game this season.

Defense (rating: F): No comment.

Goaltending (rating: C+): @High_Voltage34 won't miss any action this season. He's living the dream.

Arizona Coyotes overall rating: F

:team29: Calgary Flames
    45GP-17W-25L-3OT-37PTS; Currently ranked 5th in the pacific division.

On paper, @XSBUCKS team doesn't look that bad when you take a quick peek at their roster. However, when you look deeper into it, you understand why they have been losing so much. They have neglected picking up good players at the most important positions in the game. Trying to win a game without good centermen or decent defensemen is like playing russian roulette with a fully loaded gun. Wingers are really chill and funny guys to hang out with and sometime they score goals and shit but they won't make you win games nor championships.

Offense (rating: B-): The Flames' offensive unit is ignited by the inseparables future husband and wife @Mesmerize-_- and @Runlikeheii- who, when paired together, usually lights up fireworks and gets the party going. The team can also expect GM @IIChEcKMaTeII and overpaid LW xbox player @Sejje 19 to put up good offensive numbers. Other than @EbonyFetishz who's stuck in their AHL affiliate team due to his high salary, their only noteworthy centerman is HobO0nurporch (@JT l91l ), an overpaid 2nd/3rd liner defensive minded foward who's coming from the microsoft console.

Defense (rating: C-): Team is definitly lacking defensive depth. When @donkeyX is your best defenseman, you know that the flame might be in danger of being extinguished sooner or later. Donkey's not bad but the rest of the defensive crew is average at best.

Goaltending (rating: B-) : @flight-airline at 0.75M$ is an absolute steal. Some might say that he lacks consistency but he rarely choke when he's matched against the better teams out there.

The only way theses guys can clinch a wildcard playoff spot is by throwing gasoline on the fire. In other words, they need to make smart player movements as soon as possible.

Calgary Flames overall rating: C+

:team11: Edmonton Oilers
    45GP-27W-15L-3OTL-57PTS; currently ranked 3rd in the Pacific division.

Here's one of the good teams of the division. @Oso-Sic and @LAKingsfaithfull both have done an amazing and intelligent job at the NHL bidding. They havn't had the need to make big player movements yet and we shouldn't expect to see them move much until the trade deadline. This is what happens when you enter the bidding session having a playoffs caliber line up in mind. Thanks for giving me a break of bashing people up to write up some positive shit.

Offense (rating: A-): Their offense is led by @B-Bunny , @H2O Fluri and @Oso-Sic himself. In this particuliar case, it doesn't really matter that Bunny and Fluri are overpaid because the Oilers managed to sign some pretty good quality depth fowards such as @DerrickIceKing3 , @Halakness , @Skillszy , @HarryHoodlum and their newly acquisition @IvanThyGreat for a cheap price.

Defense (rating: B): Their defense is also pretty decent but i feel like they will make a move to improve it a little bit before the trade deadline even if the squad has done the job so far. Edmonton's GM LaKingsfaithfull is leading the pack followed by the frenchie @g4-g4g4g4-g4 who has been considered ''Elite''* by the media team last week and the respectable @Borje_Salming_21 . @Mattherock at 0.5M$ is one of the biggest steal of the NHL biddings. Oso-Sic, now is the time to thank me for the feedback i gave you on Matt before your bid.

Goaltending (rating: A+): @Danger-Rally . Save % of 81.6 in 28 games. Enough said.

The Edmonton Oilers will have no problem finishing in the top 3 of the Pacific divison standing if most of their players stays available.

Edmonton Oilers overall rating: A-

*1- note: I am not part of the Media team.

:team76: Los Angeles Kings
    45GP-31W-10L-4OTL-66PTS; currently ranked 1st in the Pacific division.

This is by far the team to beat in the Pacific division and one of the best team - if not the best - in the entire league. I remember that owner @EvO and GM @RageQuittin had done just an average job at the NHL biddings. At the time, the Kings were just a team like the others. The team has completely changed for the better since then. Los Angeles simply look overpowered on paper. Two key factors has contribued to this major change. The first one is that they've used the advantage of their many years of experience in ps4 hockey leagues to win a couple of trades in the market when the other party didn't know who the hell were the players involved. The second one is their strategy to use the AHL Bidding session to get high caliber players to complete their NHL roster instead of spending all their money during the NHL bidding. They took a risk which paid off when the league announced the AHL expansion.

Offense (rating: A+): The offensive squad is built around solid centermen's Evo and Ragequittin. While @X_RegginPlease_X and RW @TGolding007 were signed during the NHL Bidding, @frost xi and @Bizzy313 were acquired via transactions. Theses six players make up two talented and dangerous lines. Their 3rd line is also not to be taken lightly as they already caused a few surprises beating other teams 1st lines. The best part of it all is that they only have 2 fowards signed to multi-million dollars contracts.

Defense: (rating: A+): Going all-in by spending 10.5M$ on a random noob named @Jaqueezy27 was a pretty bold move at the time. I remember some people laughing at that. Jaqs immidiately got called up and joined @Scouzty who was already in Los Angeles. The Kings later went on a crusade and spent two of their first picks to acquire @gaggan07 and @Xx-INGLIS-xX in two different trades to complete the best defensive squad in the league.

Goaltending (rating: B):
    @HohoMcAngles is an average goalie at best and i heard that @Killerrampage was one of the best middle sitter in the game. Very interesting stuff but It doesn't matter because they'll face on average between 5 and 10 shots per game. A bag of pucks sitting in the middle of the net would probably have the same statistics as them both.

Their plan is simple. Bring home the LGHL S1 Stanley cup. Nothing less. It won't be pretty if they fail in their attempt as they spent a big part of their future. They still have Ottawa's 1st round pick and a couple of multi-years contract players though.

Los Angeles Kings overall rating: A

:team15: San Jose Sharks
    45GP-15W-27L-3OTL-33PTS; currently ranked 6th in the Pacific division.

San Jose is another team that was hit by a couple of ownership changes. Here's a fun fact: their previous Owner and GM were banned from the league because they colluded with the Florida Panthers management. Ain't that some awesome stuff. As Notorious B.I.G. once said: If you don't know...now you know N-bomb. Anyways, this team won't go anywhere this season. New owner @M1keal and GM @Timmy2k84 both have a huge job ahead. I applaud them for their courage and wish them good luck. Since they took over the team, they've been actively on the trade market trying to get them draft picks. I think they are doing the right thing by calling it a season and preparing for LGHL season 2.

Offense (rating: F): @etthan and @Thesassman12 are the best Shark's fowards. None of them can carry a team on their back. This team can't score goals.

Defense: (rating: C-): San Jose is spending so much money on defense. I guess they truly believe in the ''Defense wins championships'' famous football quote. @OnEsHiFtAtAtImE must be raging 24/7. I have no comment to make on @radicalapex 9.75M$ contract for the moment but i've heard that the poor guy is not bad though.

Goaltending (rating: C): Can't blame either @Huffdawg915 or @RUSHryan for their team's struggle.

San Jose Sharks overall rating: D

:team17: Vancouver Canucks
    45GP-29W-15L-1OTL-59PTS; currently ranked 2nd in the Pacific division.

Owner @CUMMINSx7 and GM @MORASH_41 managed to build a defense-first minded team without sacrificing too much offensive power. This is one of the few team that spent around 3/4 of their money on Defencemen and has been successful so far in the season. This team has been doing better than some of the others using the same strategy because they distribued their foward money on 7 ''above than average'' depth fowards instead of surrounding 2 overpaid superstars by a bunch of no name scrubs. They seems to have gotten their hands on a couple decent 2nd/3rd liners fowards that have been producing well for a low price.

The particuliarity of the Vancouver Canucks is that all of the 6 players on the ice seems to be defensively responsible as per their owner's and GM's image. These kind of teams poses a threat to everyone as they are usually not easy to beat.

Offense (rating: B+): Vancouver's most productive player on the team is @Coistizer who's on a 0.5M$, 2 season contract. @V1P3R2106 , @And1drew5 , @Ride24 , @WEAREGROOT as well as Cummins and Morash are all contributing for around 2 points per game. No foward seems to be dragging the team down and i doubt that recent acquisions @Browness and @Barret_19 will be the ones to start doing so.

Defense (rating: A): Their defensive crew is very well balanced. @rustytrombone7 , @Absolution28 , @MikeeTeeze and @o0DaRealist0o makes up great combination of defensive and offensive oriented defencemen.

Goaltending (rating: A): Their #1 G @xCr0sbyXx87 has managed to make a name for himself since the beginning of the season. He dominated so much with his butterfly middle sitting style that he was gifted a youtube video posted in his honor explaining how to beat him.

If they keep playing that way, the Canucks will have no problem finishing in the top 3 of the Pacific division standing and at the same time clinching a playoffs spot.

Vancouver Canucks overall rating: A-

Feel free to reply with your feedbacks and comments. If i feel that you guys enjoyed reading this article i'll write up another one next weekend on one of the eastern division.

Thanks for reading,
    NH4JP.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Nice write up JP. Keep this kind of stuff coming man.

• Like Like x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  3. Brxfio

Brxfio Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0
    Good job JP.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. ihamncheesei

ihamncheesei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 16 / -47
    Don't know how you can talk shit about anyone when you quit

• Dislike x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    Awesome write up JP. Strictly looking at player groups very accurate.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Good job bro...love stuff like this

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. gmac90

gmac90 Playoffs

Discord:
    gmac90#7570
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -6
    great write up here JP, your knowledge of the players helps in this type of analysis, keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. sam11stern

sam11stern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    Tremendous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Viibes71

Viibes71 LGFA PSN Media Head

Ratings:
    +45 / 2 / -2
    Well done!

• Like Like x 1
    Mesposito12
  10. Triiio 4

Triiio 4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 1 / -4
    Nice shit gj

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. JoPz-95

JoPz-95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -8
    Respect fo the shoutout my G, i'll keep it gangsta just for you.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. ExPliCit812

ExPliCit812 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 16 / -36
    Nice write up, keep em coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    Spectacular

• Like Like x 1
    Itsnucktime
  14. Dxwny

Dxwny Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wavynana_84923#0
    Ratings:
    +674 / 26 / -61
    Gotta make one for every division! This is great!!!

• Like Like x 1
    Ehnana
  15. iMC3dxx

iMC3dxx LG's John Scott

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2
    No Comment...... Great article JP, it's good to see honesty about the league from a different angle.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. iMC3dxx

iMC3dxx LG's John Scott

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    @ihamncheesei Freedom of speech. Yeah i quit but i didn't ruin the team i was on before doing so.

To everyone else: Thanks for the words

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    The rest of us appreciate the efforts. Media is one of the toughest things to do here, and those that attempt to disenchant others from doing it, regardless of if they feel their opinion merits, is in the minority (and most likely just a usual troll attempt).

Nice job, and hope to see a complete analysis of all teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    fkncommishlb
  19. High_Voltage34

High_Voltage34 I'm a nice guy but don't piss me off

Ratings:
    +58 / 15 / -11
    Yep I'm just living the dream here in the desert! Great writeup I enjoyed reading it.

• Like Like x 1
    Worrel1980
  20. Tposey34

Tposey34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 7 / -4
    East Metropolitan plzzzzzz

• Like Like x 2
    Tposey34