Western Conference Preview - Checkers VS Condors.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by IllVIBEZIll, Mar 13, 2016.

1. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Round One Preview

(4)Checkers VS (5)Condors

In professional sports rare is it that the excitement levels be this high. In what is usually the most evenly matched and exciting seeded series, here we delve into the AHL's number four versus number five match up. When the Charlotte Checkers take on the Bakersfield Condors, the hockey world will be given a treat. A contest between two very evenly matched opponents both with similarly well rounded teams who have traveled very different paths to get here.

The Charlotte Checkers have been a mainstay toward the top of their division all year. A well rounded team with few holes. A product of excellent scouting and drafting by their organization, a tough team to beat. Lead by their general @MN_Broodwich_MN they have been a well oiled machine all season long. With two elite point producers in @H3ad--v--Sh0t and @OhCanada27 mixed with a tough to penetrate defense lead by @robbeyy and an elite goaltender in @j_carlos_44 the checkers have been hard and at times nearly impossible to beat.

I spoke with Checkers goaltender early this morning and he has this to say regarding his preparation for the playoffs:

"I just show up ready to play my game and give it my all, if I do too much scouting before the game it can get to my head and have me focused too much on one p[articular opposing player. You don't want to let that change your play style. So I avoid it and stay to myself"

Goaltenders are usually a different breed and j_carlos is no different. Focused more on himself and staying within his zone rather then getting too caught up in other team's tenancies.

Asking @j_carlos_44 about the other team and whether or not their recent hot play gives them an advantage heading in

"Yeah it may give them a slight advantage"

the goalie said

"It doesn't matter where you place in the standings it's about getting hot at the right time, the Condors have been hot but recently we've bounced back nicely from some of our own troubles and have been on our own little hot streak" - he added.

the checkers have been hot bouncing back to win thirteen of their last nineteen after going on one of their worst stretches of the season when they did the exact opposite and dropped thirteen out of nineteen.

@j_carlos_44 spoke to his teams consistency throughout the regular season he pointed at players like @H3ad--v--Sh0t , @OhCanada27 and @Kendrick Brissette and how they've been consistent all year. He pointed out how they are a tight knit group which has remained largely intact season long. And how he fully expects their consistency to continue onward into the playoffs. Giving respect to the Condors he said he expects this one to go the distance, but assured he and his team will be ready.

Switching speeds, on the other end there is this resilient Condors team, lead by @Electronic_J who has them believing in themselves and has them firing on all cylinders. With the exception of a minor draw back this past week, the Condors are playing their best hockey of the season at a time when it matters most.

I asked @Electronic_J if there was anything about the Checkers he feels he can exploit moving into this series but J seemed more focused on what his team would need to do to win.

"One thing i am aware of they are good on the draw, and if you start with the puck alot your chances increase that is an area we need to address this weekend as puck management will be key for us."

acknowledging the face off efficiency of the checkers who have two of the top 20 centers regarding face-off percentage and a supporting cast many of whom are also proficient on the draw. Which lands them in the number one spot and absolute top of the league regarding face off percentage with a success rate of 58.4%.

When asked about whether or not he has scouted any of the Checkers players and whther or not he'll be giving them extra attention he once again turned back to his team preparation.

"As for players being targeted or paid more attention to not so much as our defensive game is made to help each other out and protect as any player on any team in this league can put the puck in the net and its the playoffs so its the guys you don't really worry about or the guys who haven't done a lot all year that are usually the difference so being aware of where you are and where they are on the ice is critical. This series going to be about discipline and focus for both teams as we will have our PP firing on all cylinders before that puck drops."

Discipline could play a huge role in this series. Two teams who have been fairly disciplined and don't give up much power play time both ranking top ten in fewest penalties taken. Checkers Ranked seventh in the league in power play goals and the condors ranked a respectable eleventh, both teams will want to stay out of the box during the course of the series.

This series is sure to be a great one. Consistency versus resiliency, old money versus new money. A Checkers team who have been winning since the season began and have remained a top end fixture in the standings versus a Condors team who started out 4-12 before righting the ship and finding their way to the number five seed in the conference. A four versus five that will undoubtedly live up to the hype and be a series that many of us will not soon forget. This one flies off tonight 930 est.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    zubov_x_21
  2. oRecki

oRecki EbonyFetishz : recki is some hot ass lmao

Discord:
    Recki#2673
    Ratings:
    +902 / 22 / -42
    Extremely good write up. Good Job vibes

• Like Like x 1
    xRecki