Week 8 Eastern Conference Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Noobinator156, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Week 8 Eastern Conference Power Rankings

Eastern East - Zeno

1. Norfolk Admirals (5-2-1 last week) 3rd in conference on GD.

This team is trying to get into playoff form now, but their week didn’t go as they were expecting they did come out of the week with some big wins against Hershey and WBS. They also had some tough losses this week though against Lake Erie, Utica, and Rochester. Losing against those teams are never a bad thing, but when you are a top team in the league you are expected to win those tough games. Perhaps I am being a little harsh on them, but they should have come out of those games with more than just 1 point. They did take Utica to OT, but nothing really came out of that as they still lost the game. Their amazing defense is still trying to carry this team with the team only giving up more than 2 goals in 1 game last week. If this team is wanting to make a deep run in the playoff their offense is going to have to start showing up or they could be looking at an early round upset. If this team wants to avoid that fate J Bidd’s line is going to have to step up and start winning the games that need to be won.
    Key Wins: Toronto, Hershey, WBS
    Key Losses: Lake Erie, Utica, Rochester
    Projected Next Week: (6-3-1)
    Team MVP’s: FWD: @PahkTheCah1387, DEF: @ll Supernaut ll, @F5 Penguin, G: @NG Bhawk

2. Binghamton Senators (4-5-0) 10th in conference

Congrats Binghamton on being the best of the rest. Second place in the power rankings was a hard task because everybody else was atrocious last week. The only reason Binghamton falls here is because they actually had some decent wins against Hershey, Norfolk, and Rochester which puts them in great shape if they make the playoffs as it means they can steal wins against better teams but there are some bad losses against Syracuse and getting run out of the building by Utica. If they expect to make the playoffs with a last person in the final week people are going to have to step up outside of the Martin line and put the puck in the net. This team is still a 1 line team in my opinion, but they have the capacity to make the playoffs if the other two lines can go at least 2-1 next week. Expect the Martin-Nacho line to play four games and go at least 3-1 next week. They will be hard pressed to make the playoffs, but they still have a chance. They really need to get their collective head together and pull out some season-defining wins in the last week. Beating Norfolk and Hershey big is something to build off of, but they need to win the easy games against Syracuse, Charlotte and Texas if they can even expect to sneak into the playoffs. Good luck boys. You don’t have the easiest road to the playoffs, but if you figure everything out you can make it.
    Key Wins: Norfolk, Hershey, Rochester
    Key Losses: Utica, Toronto, Syracuse
    Projected Next Week: (7-2-1)
    Team MVP’s: FWD: @Martin ScoresEZ, DEF: @MuffunMan, G: @HARM CptCapOut

3. Hershey Bears (4-4-1) 6th in conference

I didn’t expect much from Hershey after looking at their team, but you guys are underperforming by my expectations. Good job taking the Americans to OT, but you need to win the other games in order to secure your spot in the playoffs. Losing to Binghamton, Norfolk, and Lake Erie by big is not the way to get into the playoffs. You need to focus in the last week to prove that you guys are not a joke to your first round opponents. You guys have Albany, Norfolk, OKC, San Antonio, and Abbotsford next week who are all sitting in a playoff spot as of right now. You need to go at least 3-2 against those teams to make sure you have something to build off in the first round. This team is going to have to ride their offense into the playoffs because if they rely on their defense they are going to end up on the golf course early this season. I expect this team to make the playoffs, but I expect them to back into it. There is nothing more than a 1st round exit for this team on the horizon. If you face 1 of the Big Four (Portland included) I would expect a sweep. I hope for your sakes you learn how to play a team game, because you don’t have the superstars that are going to win you games (Sorry @JusTiN x39). Come together and win some damn games!
    Key Wins: Toronto, WBS
    Key Losses: Norfolk, Utica
    Projected Next Week: (3-6-1)
    Team MVP’s: FWD: @JusTiN x39, DEF: @Johnny Sadds, G: @NWA212

4. Syracuse Crunch (4-5-0) 11th in conference

Syracuse is doing exactly what I expected of them. They are playing spoiler to the teams that should be making the playoffs. Coming within 1 goal of Rochester, beating Toronto, Binghamton, and WBS is going to make this playoff race even more interesting. Keep it up boys and you will be making some teams cry by the end of next week. Facing Springfield, Hershey, Binghamton, Norfolk, San Antonio, WBS, Abbotsford, and OKC next week makes for an extremely tough schedule, but I expect them to win half. This team won’t make the playoffs, but they are going to have a damn fun time beating the fakers this week. Expect this team to go at least 6-4 this week and expect them to win at least 4 games against big boys. Syracuse will be seeing the golf course at the end of this week, but I would expect them to take at least 2 other teams from this division with them.
    Key Wins: Binghamton
    Key Losses: None
    Projected Next Week: (6-4-0)
    Team MVP’s: FWD: @Banksy l88l, DEF: @UselessGoalie, G: @l Snipez l 16 l

5. WBS Penguins (3-5-1) 9th in conference

WTF guys seriously. 6 losses? This team did have two good wins last week against Binghamton and Lake Erie, but beyond that this week is one to forget. I hope for your sakes this was simply a hiccup during the season and not a permanent thing. You guys have 1 week, just 1 to figure shit out and make the playoffs. You guys can do it, but you are going to have to steal some wins next week to make it. You have some easy games, but you also have some tough games. Your top line is one of the league’s best, put them out in the decisive games and watch them carry you to the playoffs. @xSejje you need to step up and carry this team otherwise your season will be a bust. Good luck WBS you guys can do it, but you will have to put this last week behind you.
    Key Wins: Binghamton, Lake Erie
    Key Losses: Utica, Syracuse
    Projected Next Week: (5-3-2)
    Team MVP’s: None, just start winning games!

Eastern Northeast - Jay Rulez

1. Albany Devils (49-20-3, 101 PTS, 2nd in the East)
    Last Week: (5-3-1, 11 PTS)

Albany began the week with high hopes (from me at least) of reeling off 6-7 wins at the very least, but that was not the case early on. The Devils dropped 3 of their first 4 games punctuated by an unlikely loss to the Charlotte Cheaters on Monday (FYI: Cheaters were long banned by this game; Congrats Weber and co.) and then a thrashing by division rival Springfield in the late game of that same night. But like all good management do, Jeff and Max found a way to rally the troops and win 4 of their last 5 games to salvage a respectable week and keep pace in the battle for 2nd place with Norfolk. Due to Providence going ‘ham’ and 9-0-ing the week, 1st place seems to be out of reach so Albany must shift focus to securing 2nd place in order to get the 2nd round advantage versus potential opponent Norfolk. Looking back on the past 4 weeks from Albany, they have been one of the streakiest teams in the league having dropped back-to-back games every week, and 5 times in 4 weeks overall. If this trend is to continue come playoff time, upsets are definitely within reach as dropping 2 games early could set in early desperation…
    Key Wins: Bridgeport, San Antonio
    Key Losses: Springfield, Abbotsford
    Projected Week: 6-3-1
    Team MVPs: FWD: @xCROSBYx l87l, @mario 122596 DEF: @KING COLAx47

2. Springfield Falcons (43-24-5, 91 PTS, 5th in the East)
    Last Week (7-2)

One could argue having Springfield and Albany switched but I need to see one more better week out of Springfield first. They were dynamite last week as they picked on some underprivileged teams but a win is a win nonetheless. The Falcons only gave up 2 goals-per-game this week which was a really big key to victory but what was more impressive was how they went about things on offense. I was critical last week of the Falcon’s ability to win the one-goal games however they strutted their stuff this week beating Abbotsford and OKC by one-goal margins. In addition, I questioned Springfield’s ability to control a game versus the top dawgs but they proved that they could sling some pucks in the cage by beating Albany and Bridgeport by identical 6-1 scores. Springfield looks destined to finish 5th in the East but you have to wonder if that is really a better scenario than 6th? A 5th place finish gets you the red-hot Portland Pirates who own the season series 2-0 vs the Falcons, but 6th gets you an autopiloting team like Albany (4-3 season series; advantage Springfield) or Norfolk (1-1 season series; both 1-goal games). Obviously I would not expect them to throw games to get to that point but just giving our readers something to chew on…
    Key Wins: Abbotsford, Albany
    Key Losses: Hartford, San Antonio
    Projected Week: 6-4
    Team MVPs: FWD: @BouRn3Leg3nD27 DEF: @Mark Go Habs Go G: @IXI Ein IXI

3. Hartford Wolfpack (28-43-3, 59 PTS, 12th in the East)
    Last Week (8-1)*
    *NO THAT IS NOT A MISS PRINT

Where in the bloody hell did this week come from!?!?!?! This team seemed destined for another 3-6 week at best and even had to play Adirondack who surprisingly didn’t forfeit a win to them. Something clicked in Hartford this week but unfortunately it coincided with being eliminated from the playoffs (officially) so the Cinderella story week happened about two weeks too late. Starting the week with a controversial win over the Charlotte Cheaters (they were indeed still Cheaters at this point; fucking scum!) seemed to propel this team into a different thought process and wins continued in convincing fashion all week long. All that’s left to play for in the last week is pride and earning contracts next season, but if they can throw in another couple quality efforts, this team could definitely alter the playoff tree for the Eastern Conference for almost every team in contention. It will be interesting to see how Snoopy manages this team during this last week…
    Key Wins: All of them!
    Key Losses: None. They lost 2-1 to Abbotsford 1st line D and a good F line while using a rogue lineup themselves
    Projected Week: (4-6)
    Team MVPs: FWD: @Martin McFlyyy DEF: @Tazigod G: @l2l SNOOPY l3l

4. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (38-29-5, 81 PTS, 7th in the East)
    Last Week (3-6)

After posting 3 straight weeks of 6 wins or more, Bridgeport came crashing down to Earth at the worse possible time as they are now clinging onto their playoff life. Whatever went right during the middle weeks of the season certainly didn’t show this week and hopefully for them, this was just a bad week. I will admit, the schedule was not forgiving this week as they played 5 for sure playoff bound teams, but not beating any of them must have been a kick in the gut. The Tigers barely scratched out 2 goals-per-game this week while special teams was an absolute disaster (13% PP, 64% PK). Positives to take from this week was their ability to possess the puck despite losing 6 games so I can only assume their forwards struggled to finish, which is tougher some nights than others. The key for this team will be beating 1-2 playoff bound teams and taking both games from Hartford. If they can complete this task, they are playoff-bound; if they are not up to the task, they should anticipate booking their tee-times now…
    Key Wins: They should have won those 3 games
    Key Losses: Hartford, Albany (1st round opponent?)
    Projected Week: (4-4-2)
    Team MVPs: FWD: @NukeBomb81, XxPROD1GY13xX DEF: @joestud18 (you were bad but you were also thrown to the wolves…)

5. Adirondack Phantoms (17-53-1, 35 PTS, 15th in the East)
    Last Week (0-9, 7 forfeits)

You disgust me and I refuse to write anything substantial about your week so this gives me an opportunity to rant. I know there are players who want to play in that organization so click some names for some games and do what you can. You forfeited to me two weeks ago and when I went to enter the picture for the game, there were 20+ CHL players signed up yet nobody was confirmed. I don’t care if your AHL team got depleted and guys lost interest, there were better options than abandoning ship and letting the rest smolder in your ruins @THE IRON STUB. Charlotte was in a lot worse shape than you and they have battled through it to have some fun. Hamilton was gonezos a long time ago but you don’t see @CPT ERBZ420 not having lineups done (unless @eMLBCommish is shouldering the whole load) so leave your excuses at the door and show up for work this week. /rant.

Eastern Atlantic - Noobinator156 because G4RIS is a bitch(Pretty short since i did it in an hour to get this up)

1. Providence Bruins (52-17-3, 107 Pts, 1st in LGAHL)
    Last Week (9-0)

Winners of 10 straight, Providence comes into week 9 looking to hold on as league leaders and get some more hardware in there trophy cases. Week 8 included a fairly easy schedule but they didn’t let up on their way to beating division rival Portland and playoff hopefuls Manchester. They were lead this week by @ECG Monster who had 19 points and a +13 rating in his 3 games, and @xX Z3NO Xx who went 4-0-0 with a 2.0 GAA and a S% of 80.
    All in all, a great week from Providence who continue to be the team to beat in the East
    Key Wins: Portland, Manchester.
    Key Losses: Vitamin D. seriously go outside.
    Projected Week: 8-1-1
    Team MVP’s: @ECG Monster, @x1DR DRO1X, (<-Terrible GT), @I Need Jesuss, @ xX Z3NO Xx

2. Portland Pirates - (48-22-2, 98 Pts, 4th in East)
    Last Week: 5-4

Not a great week from Portland but contrary to what the website says, they have clinched since WBS is 21 points back with one game not recorded that they were the home team for. (Forfeit loss???) Week 9 will be used as a bounce back week to get them geared up for the playoffs. That said, they do play some very good teams this week so they will be tested, and it will be up to them not to get rattled by their big losses to Providence and Rochester that are all but guaranteed. Week 8 was tough for them as they were dismantled by both Providence(5-3) and Manchester(6-2 GG) and had 3 forwards on the “Who’s Not” list. Bright spots were @f2 tuxeed and @HEROxIDENTITY who both had a 6 point game against St. Johns.
    Key Wins: Literally none of their wins had playoff implications
    Key Losses: Manchester, Providence
    Projected Week: 5-5
    Team MVP’s: @f2 tuxeed, [MENTION=9566]Baldmagician[/MENTION]

3. Manchester Monarchs - 36-27-9, 81 Pts, 8th in East, 1st in your hearts)
    Last Week: 5-3-1

Another average week from Manchester who benefitted greatly from some other teams having bad weeks, giving them the 8th place spot. Had some big games this week which they were able to get points out of, but also lost key games against Providence and Rockford. They face a tough week 9 so things will need to go right for them this week as they will need around 6 wins to lock in a playoff spot. 8 Wins guarantees them one. Highlights this week were @l Statsny l in nets going 2-0-1 with a 1.49 GAA and 87 S%, @SoapySam12 for answering the call and shutting out the Griffins while putting up another 3 points and helping Noobinator get TWO goals!! They did have a few issues this week however especially against Providence when it came to defense. Providence benefitted from some aggressive D and lots of Power Plays to handily beat the Monarchs.
    Key Wins: Providence
    Key Losses: Rockford
    Projected Week: 7-3
    Team MVP’s: @SoapySam12, @Noobinator156 for being a great guy, @Craig B x91 for being a solo manager for 4ish weeks.

4. St. Johns Ice Caps - (22-44-6, 50 Pts, 27th in League)
    Last Week: 3-6-0

Terrible week from the Ice Caps this week who only really faced one tough team and still go 3-6. They now sit in the rejects pile as they have been mathematically eliminated from Playoff contention. Expect them to be kicked while they’re down as they play some tough teams next week. Nuff said.
    Key Wins: Worcester Sharks Yaaaayyy!!
    Key Losses: Manchester, Portland
    Projected Week: 2-6-2 (4 forfeit losses)
    Team MVP’s: @SteelerKid’s beard.

5. Worcester Sharks - (15-48-8, 38 Pts, 29th in League)
    Last Week: 0-9-0

Losers of 10 straight. They’re awful. Expect forfeit wins this week if you play them.
    Key Wins: None
    Key Losses: All
    Projected Week: 0-10-0
    Team MVP’s @Unknownx27 for sticking it through this entire season.

Eastern Conference Rant - Playoff Race Edition

There wasn’t too much to rant about this week aside from LG temporarily giving server relief to Youtube and letting all their videos be posted here. We did however get a nice feud going between Norfolk and WBS which was great to watch unfold. Especially with my bias seeing as my team is currently in a race with WBS, Bridgeport and Hershey and only 3 of us can take the last spots. The more rattled WBS, the better considering out of the 4 teams battling, they have by far the easiest ahead week. They play Norfolk once which should be a great final game to the season (Game 7 lineup Norfolk plz & thx), Bingo twice which could both go either way and is enticing as they are right behind WBS in the standings... and then they play the scum of the league including but not limited to, Charlotte, Texas, and Syracuse. Bridgeport, sitting in 7th place with 81 points, plays Hartford twice (4 pts in the bag), GRG once (give em 2 more), and then some respectable teams like Albany, Iowa and Chicago. Hershey in 6th plays with 82 points, plays Albany, Norfolk, San Antonio, WBS and Bingo, and then some shit heads so they could very well drop a couple spots this week. AND THEN WE HAVE THE PURPLE MONSTERS! The guys everyone is rooting for. Clinging to 8th in the east with 81 points, they have to go up against Providence, Rochester, Lake Erie, Utica, Portland, OKC and then have the luxury of playing only a couple shitheads in Worcester, and Hamilton.Throw in St. Johns too I guess. So all things included here, we have 4 teams (potentially 5 if Bingo can put together a good week that could finish in any order for the 5 spots they hold. Should be a great final week in the East. I’ll be scoreboard watching the whole way through. Would be great to see the Radio shows follow this too.

And since this “rant” wouldn’t be complete without this type of stuff, let me just give a big FU to @VINNIE KEYS @Couture l 39 l @Dark Staysis

And an extra one to whoever Hangovers pussy is for thinking he can step on me, in the twitter game. Back the fuck off

#PussyInMyBumBumBitch!

-Noob Out

• Like Like x 26
    No Streaming Account
  2. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Thank you for putting the time in to do these.

• Like Like x 3
    CoachCrass
  3. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Our MVP should be [MENTION=10899]l Pekka Rinne l[/MENTION] because he is not a douche who quit because snipez shows up 1 minute before forfeit when we have our team all set. I love eevry syracuse player whom has showed and can't thank them enough for the season.

• Like Like x 3
    mattyhandz
  4. VINNIE KEYS

VINNIE KEYS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    lol wow this was a good job until he decided to chirp me for no reason. Considering I posted a video for my YouTube channel and shared it on twitter and none of the games featured had anything to do with him but he still decides to chime in because he has time to do things like this write up and chirp randoms who make videos to try and grow their Chanel or expose new players to the league he decided to comment on twitter to me that I am shit and that we won't make the playoffs and chirping my team when i was just called up and posted my first couple games with the team but since he is apparently the best player to play the game he feels he has to let me know that. Good luck taking it in the ass as your hash tag says lol idiot. #GETALIFE

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. PahkTheCah1387

PahkTheCah1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    Don't be soft getting chirped by noob is a privilege.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Scum* and called it!

No Streaming Account
  7. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    Providence better hope Manchester gets 6th or 7th seed so that the Baby B's don't get embarrassed first round

No Streaming Account
  8. VINNIE KEYS

VINNIE KEYS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    considering we were second last in the conference when I got here 2 weeks ago and just had a 7-1 week i'm good with that not to mention NHL15 will be out in a month who cares but like I said good luck in the playoffs the fact that your still going about this is hilarious

No Streaming Account
  9. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    Unless availabilities are extremely bad, Hershey and WBS should be ashamed at themselves for still throwing us 1st lines. You were not taking our division title so beating us (which neither team has done all season) does you little to no go when you can't beat the other teams closer to you in the standings.

• Like Like x 6
    Jay_Rulez
  10. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    t
    I remember beating you guys but game got overturned.. so dont go there jay dont be calling other teams shit.

DetectStealth
  11. GreasyGogan

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    I didn't call anybody shit and the game was rightfully overturned for an illegal player playing. Plus we need to ramp up the trash-talk on the East side...

Jay_Rulez
  12. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    You guys can have that win, being 1-7 against us isn't anything to brag about either.

• Like Like x 2
    Riemersma11
  13. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    but fact of the matter aside me lagging out u guys got outplayed.. and sure I guess the trash talking can be risen on the east.. but deep down you kno u guys woulda lost If I wasnt lagging out & you cant deny that

DetectStealth
  14. Yo itz Charlo

Yo itz Charlo I miss the basics

Ratings:
    +488 / 37 / -4

Lmao, I know. You guys have been really tough to beat this regular season...

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  15. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    iv only faced you guys twice since joining wbs.. so in my books all the pre joining games I kno nothing about tbh

DetectStealth
  16. GreasyGogan

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    100% you deserved the win, only a fool could attempt to deny that. My job as a manager is to make my team as successful as they can we WITHIN the guidelines (constitution) provided for us. Your GM has seemingly ignored some rules this year (the Hopkins bullshit was greasy so I won't bash you guys for that) and that has set you back a couple hard fought wins. You have a talented team and can do some damage, just try and play by the league's rules ya hear?

Jay_Rulez
  17. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    yeah it was pre shaddy what happened with that duster.. cant believe it happened cuz we had no knowledge:( but yeah I hear you,u guys have a tough club and uv built a dynasty I cant deny that. even last seadon u guys were solid! but yah that game wasnt dewers fault it was my fuck up that lead to it being overturned so if anyone wants to do blame game is towards me.. lol:( but yeah I hope our season isnt over id like to play u guys in post season:)

DetectStealth
  18. GreasyGogan

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    I think we would be a fantastic showdown and best of luck. But if Dew has the 1st line out against us I would suggest somebody smartening him up and getting his head on straight...

• Like Like x 1
    Jay_Rulez
  19. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    this week im not sure.. im pre sure their in other games to try n lock up our playoff hopes:) I hope we can meet cuz itd be one hellva showdown!

• Like Like x 1
    DetectStealth
  20. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    Now that I'm on Manchester they're ranked #1, let's be real guys.

No Streaming Account